I havent been on public transport for 2 years.

Lorraine Manca

HEADPHONES, it makes it much easier to deal with, just think about the beat of the music. if you've done it before you can definately do it again, dont worry!

FOR REAL

Banned
it doesnt sound pathetic at all :)
i hate buses, especially those national express buses that take 12 fkn hours to reach the the destination if the driver is sober.

i love trains though, i like space, you know that feeling of just being able to walk around without a seatbelt on:)

as for planes(no chance for me)

I find reading a novel comes in very handy because then you don't have to worry about finding a place to look, especially if you can't get a window seat.

Noca

Banned
I don't ride buses. I see them as barges of disease that I'd never step foot on. They never come on time and you find yourself waiting out in the cold for like 45 mins. They don't take corners and only drive in straight lines which is never the direction i want to go anyways. Most are overcrowded too. ugh.

agoraphobickatie

lol don't feel bad.. i've never in my entire life taken public transportation, lol.. not even a taxi! i don't know too many people who have, unless they get a cab home from the club cause they got drunker than they thought they would, haha..

I havent been on a bus or train in ages. I find it so scary everyone looking at you.
I used to go on them all the time to go out but now i need my parents to take my places in the car.

Im going to try this week sometime getting the bus or train and do something.
I know it sounds small and pathetic but its a step i guess.

Does anyone here go places on public transport and how do you find it?

Maybe you can try doing it with someone you're comfortable with... like your parents when you're doing it first time after such a long time.

I go everywhere on public transport or on foot. It helps if you can just focus on something else besides the ride I guess.

xxaimsxx

Maybe you can try doing it with someone you're comfortable with... like your parents when you're doing it first time after such a long time.

I go everywhere on public transport or on foot. It helps if you can just focus on something else besides the ride I guess.

Oh no i wouldnt want them with me. I think it would make it worse. Lol does that sound horrible? I dont mean it like that. I mean i would love to just do it myself.

Lorraine Manca

my rapidly delayed transport thing is connected with the international airport. the fun of this is you see tons of foreign people confused out of there mind about how to get their tickets or where to go, and they look pretty darn anxious to me so its not just us. its normal to be a bit concerned when your doing stuff like that for the first time in a while, i think.

Masychefx2

Banned
HEADPHONES, it makes it much easier to deal with, just think about the beat of the music. if you've done it before you can definately do it again, dont worry!

this will sound stupid but listening to music on public transport elevates my anxiety alot... by like 4 times ::(:

Why

hah i have to ride the bus everyday to school

yeah i get on and always think every1 is looking at me, i also get anxiety choosing seats! I never sit by an attractive girl, which is ironic huh? too much anxiety

but i just focus on my ipod and just zone out, dont give ne1 eye contact lolz
and i realize every1 is bored so of course they look at every1 who boards the bus

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I've never been in a bus or a train by myself, so you are not alone :) I'm able to take a taxi with no problem though... but I seem to have a big problem with buses, trains and subways too (and sometimes just walking).

I can't be in a bus or a train too. Because all the people staring at you.
I'm too awkward to even listen to music in the bus, But it helps a little.
I just can't stand to sit in front of people doing nothing or just sitting there staring at eachother. That's one of my biggest fears.
You know, one of my friends, has made a friend in the bus, I thought.. Wow I wuold never do that in my entire life. But I'm happy she did that ^_^
She's just a real talk-active girl. And she approaches anyone, she doesn't care.