I have a question...(my true testimony)

Madix

Recently, I had just posted a thread on here about my testimony of recovery. Although it was a bit "religious" it seems that it was not fit to be on this website. I have not seen it on here so I am merely assuming. But here is my question...if my testimony is ineffective, false, or offending in anyway...why should it be deleted? I am only claiming why I was cured from my social phobia. Yes, maybe I might seem a bit radical in a sense by saying its the only way out. but listen please....

I've personally tried everything. Social Anxiety took my life and held on since I was a kid and has not let go for years on end. Social Anxiety made me believe that...that was exactly who I was.

I was in a downward spiral heading nowhere. I actually, since I was about 16 years old, have heard voices telling me to hurt others and myself. 2-4 times a week, I would wake up with burn marks, scratches, rashes, bruises you name it. Never knowing its source and being afraid to sleep every night. i took myself to a catholic priest....he sprinkled holy water on me and read a few bible scriptures...which did not do anything but worsen the problem.

day after my "spiritual cleansing"...i lost it....i black out for absolutely NO REASON...and hit my room mate, and i walked outside and started punching holes in the wooden fence around the complex (with tube socks on my hands).

not soon far after that I lost my job, my apartment, and had stay at a homeless shelter...my folks would not take me in since my addiction to drinking and smoking. they thought i was a lost cause anyways....

so here i was homeless and mentally destroyed, i was afraid to talk about my problem to anyone....my head down on a cafeteria table, scared out of my mind about was i was to do, and scared to death to talk about it to anyone...mean-while im talking to myself...or talking to what i heard in my head. of course none of it was good news.

about a week after staying there i found the shelter had a program for homeless people with less job experience. (it was a christian shelter)...it was a 4 month residential program. they had us work at a pallet shop for about $50/week for maybe 40 hours of work. it wasnt that bad, it was good to have some psychical to get all that off my mind.....the hardest part was working with other people...i always felt that they were plotting something against me...or they were just egotistical bums with no life...i hated them. i hated everything about working with them...it was so hard.

2 months into the program i had another anxiety attack....i was unloading a trailor of boxes from a semi, when i fell to the floor and started banging my head on the ground. blood was everywhere, all over me, and the pallet jack i was using, i was crying like a little girl, and everyone was laughing at me.

doctors put me of peroxitin...which is supposed to help panic attacks...and it sort of did...but i just strengthened the urge to be afraid of everyone more.the staff there was so nice though, since it was a christian program...i felt they wese like "obligated" to be nice to me, since they were staff and christians....usual outside understanding of things.

the hardest thing i remember that i had to do was memorize specific bible verses and i had to rehearse them in front of the WHOLE CLASS, first off...can you imagine who scared i was???? oohhhh mannn. i stuttered like elmer fudd from looney toons trying to push them verses out...i felt like a total idiot in front of everybody. worse part about it was...everyone else was not doing it like i was....they seemed to have no problem. man that sucked.

i honestly thought this whole bible thing was a bunch of hogwash...

christians just run their beliefs of emotions and feelings, its all blind faith, like they have to park their brains when they go to church everyday....i thought it was ridiculous.....since the catholics could not save me from my inner "demons" i figured no other denomination could do the trick...its all me just beating myself up over night....so i did an experiment to prove it to myself...i literally tied my hands to the bed post when i went to sleep at night (obviously left it a little loose to get out)....i thought it was working for awhile, until one night i woke up, it was 3:05am and with my hand STILL TIED untangled them, lifted up my shirt....and i see i giant scratch mark....going right down from my chest to my crotch....that answered my question. i need help.

so no matter how much i thought christianity was a hoax before...it was time that i gave into it, fell to the floor and said "GOD THIS ENOUGH"....i actually came to Christ that night....the fear was enough. but onces i asked God to come to me for rescue...thats exactly what he did!!! and im not going to go into more detail because i dont want to offend anybody. or get my testimony deleted....but it worked and i am free from SP and i dont hear voices anymore!!! i mean....HOW!?!

listen god teaches us many things in the bible that can help us get through this SP stuff. my life has NEVER been the same since i made the decision to follow him. i really really really challenge you to do the same...please, you dont need to live that life...

if you want to talk to me just message me okay. i really want to discuss this with you guys. please.

THANKS SO MUCH -Tim (not madix) ;)

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
You never did answer my question from the other thread.

But it seems that your problems go beyond social phobia.

And I think this might be more of a 'personal story' than a 'social anxiety medication' thread.

Madix

You never did answer my question from the other thread.

But it seems that your problems go beyond social phobia.

And I think this might be more of a 'personal story' than a 'social anxiety medication' thread.

yeah i haven't been on this website in a while....im still re-learning lol

social phobia was a big problem though.
voices where not a full-time thing.

SP was.

vexatiousmind

I get where you are coming from.
Most of time if you even mention religion it turns into a debate.
I have no problem with atheist, and I wouldn't question there believes in a thread.

I think people should just be happy you found something that worked for you.
And if you do believe in god, maybe strengthening your faith can help:)
If you don't believe in god, there are other ways to fight SA.

Madix

I get where you are coming from.
Most of time if you even mention religion it turns into a debate.
I have no problem with atheist, and I wouldn't question there believes in a thread.

I think people should just be happy you found something that worked for you.
And if you do believe in god, maybe strengthening your faith can help:)
If you don't believe in god, there are other ways to fight SA.

thank you for your understanding. if there needs to be a debate, that can be done somewhere else besides this website ya kno.

I believe this saying.....

"if it works for you....doesn't work for me"

NOT

"whats true for you....is not true to me"

truth is absolute...a belief is relative.

the thing is...with atheism....i used to be an atheist...i used to join atheist conventions lol..
so i already kind of know what sort of questions are coming...and how to answer them.

Last edited:

vexatiousmind

thank you for your understanding. if there needs to be a debate, that can be done somewhere else besides this website ya kno.

I believe this saying.....

"if it works for you....doesn't work for me"

NOT

"whats true for you....is not true to me"

truth is absolute...a belief is relative.

:) I have been trying to build a better relationship with god, but keep shutting him out again.

I think I have been scared to ask for his help. I was always taught that if you ask god for courage he gives you an opportunity to be courageous. Same with any other thing. It's not like you are just magically healed.
So If I asked for help with SA, I would have to take the opportunities he gives me to overcome them.
I think I am ready to give it a try though.
Thanks for posting madix :)

Madix

:) I have been trying to build a better relationship with god, but keep shutting him out again.

I think I have been scared to ask for his help. I was always taught that if you ask god for courage he gives you an opportunity to be courageous. Same with any other thing. It's not like you are just magically healed.
So If I asked for help with SA, I would have to take the opportunities he gives me to overcome them.
I think I am ready to give it a try though.
Thanks for posting madix :)

that is fantastic!!! so awesome man. if you want to talk to more or something just message me okay. and when you pray to god for courage, he will give you an opportunity lol...but he never gives you more than what you can handle.

RoomBound

"listen god teaches us many things in the bible that can help us get through this SP stuff. my life has NEVER been the same since i made the decision to follow him. i really really really challenge you to do the same...please, you dont need to live that life"

I'm happy for you, and I'm also aching to give my Christian testimony on this site. All Christians have the Holy Spirit, and His wisdom, comfort, and power can easily overcome our SA. It flat works. And you're guaranteed heaven.
(Plus random upward evolution is mathematically impossible. I can prove that, but this isn't a science site.)
I'm pretty new here and don't know the rules/post-spots that well either, so I haven't given my full story yet. But Christianity is definitely the way to fly. We just need to pray and admit we're sinners (we all are), accept Jesus' sacrifice for our sins, and ask Him to save us. You'll feel a different power in your life and will devour the Bible, which will suddenly make more sense to you. And you'll start to care more about others and think less about yourself, which is a healthy thing in itself.

Madix

"listen god teaches us many things in the bible that can help us get through this SP stuff. my life has NEVER been the same since i made the decision to follow him. i really really really challenge you to do the same...please, you dont need to live that life"

I'm happy for you, and I'm also aching to give my Christian testimony on this site. All Christians have the Holy Spirit, and His wisdom, comfort, and power can easily overcome our SA. It flat works. And you're guaranteed heaven.
(Plus random upward evolution is mathematically impossible. I can prove that, but this isn't a science site.)
I'm pretty new here and don't know the rules/post-spots that well either, so I haven't given my full story yet. But Christianity is definitely the way to fly. We just need to pray and admit we're sinners (we all are), accept Jesus' sacrifice for our sins, and ask Him to save us. You'll feel a different power in your life and will devour the Bible, which will suddenly make more sense to you. And you'll start to care more about others and think less about yourself, which is a healthy thing in itself.

thats great man. its good to see more christians on this website. we know god takes care of his own...and we should trust that the holyspirit well guide us were we need to go. it only works if you trust with your heart not your mind! i like how ravi z. puts it.

but id love to hear your testimony!!! post it up sometime...and on my profile if u think they'll delete it lol.

upndwn

Faith can be a powerful thing, just remember to think for yourself and don't take anything for granted. I am glad to hear that you have made a recovery.

For the record I am a weak atheist/dualistic pantheist with a strong opinion against religion as an institution, but I have nothing against religious people or religion as a personal belief as long as it doesn't move into fanaticism.

Madix

Faith can be a powerful thing, just remember to think for yourself and don't take anything for granted. I am glad to hear that you have made a recovery.

For the record I am a weak atheist/dualistic pantheist with a strong opinion against religion as an institution, but I have nothing against religious people or religion as a personal belief as long as it doesn't move into fanaticism.

hey man i understand your position, and i dont think of you any less because of your beliefs, because if i did, that would be very self-righteous of me. actually the bible tells us that nobody is completely righteous and holy except god himself. so that would be hypocritical see myself like that. to sum it up...christians are moved by faith, and a thirst for righteousness...

i really challenge you to investigate what you believe in. the majority of people on this earth have no idea why they believe what they believe, or even how they got their belief in the first place. the reason im not an atheist anymore is because the statement alone contradicts itself.. its much safer to be an agnostic, atheism takes more faith than anything...agnosticism is simple...all you've got to prove, is that you dont know lol ::p:

i have many many reasons why i kicked my atheism. just beware what you say because many other had that same beliefs...http://nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm

Lea

Banned
Interesting story, especially the scratch and burn marks coming out of nowhere?? Weird. Must have been some demons, I have weird nightmares too (which I even mentioned a couple of times on here), but never got any real body marks of damage from it. And I didn´t think it was possible, although I read about it too.

I am not atheist or religious, I simply don´t know what the reality or truth is.

I´m glad you got rid of your problems this way.

Madix

Interesting story, especially the scratch and burn marks coming out of nowhere?? Weird. Must have been some demons, I have weird nightmares too (which I even mentioned a couple of times on here), but never got any real body marks of damage from it. And I didn´t think it was possible, although I read about it too.

I am not atheist or religious, I simply don´t know what the reality or truth is.

I´m glad you got rid of your problems this way.

Thanks for taking such interest!! I'm happy to see that you have a need to find the truth. im not one to force to you a belief, but i tell this to everyone. truth is not a matter of opinion. because if it was, there would be no moral standard. and without moral standard...you have no good/evil. hence...so just careful on your quest for understanding. truth is not relative...only the individuals beliefs. basically, truth the same as what happens after death...it is absolute...and there is only ONE right answer. i pray that you can discover what that answer is ;)

Lea

Banned
Thanks for taking such interest!! I'm happy to see that you have a need to find the truth. im not one to force to you a belief, but i tell this to everyone. truth is not a matter of opinion. because if it was, there would be no moral standard. and without moral standard...you have no good/evil. hence...so just careful on your quest for understanding. truth is not relative...only the individuals beliefs. basically, truth the same as what happens after death...it is absolute...and there is only ONE right answer. i pray that you can discover what that answer is ;)

Thanks for praying for me, I think I need it. You're right in that if truth was relative, there would be no moral standard. It's kind of like I believed that God is love, but I have a hard time to believe in God as some man on the sky, and the stories written in Bible are just.. stories, which I feel I have no relation to. There is some wisdom too which is good, but it's in many other books too. That's why I don't understand why some people don't read anyting else in their lives than Bible, I find it narrowminded and brainwashed. I have met in London with Church of Christ who tried to get me, but they were fanatics. Even generally I can't relate to anything in organized religion.

Madix

Thanks for praying for me, I think I need it. You're right in that if truth was relative, there would be no moral standard. It's kind of like I believed that God is love, but I have a hard time to believe in God as some man on the sky, and the stories written in Bible are just.. stories, which I feel I have no relation to. There is some wisdom too which is good, but it's in many other books too. That's why I don't understand why some people don't read anyting else in their lives than Bible, I find it narrowminded and brainwashed. I have met in London with Church of Christ who tried to get me, but they were fanatics. Even generally I can't relate to anything in organized religion.

Not all churches act the same, and I do not agree with every single one of them. and you are correct that there are other books that people can read. but the bible has predominated since the time it was written. and has, more than ANY book, changed so many lifes and has altered the course of our human history as we know it. our bible is so unique!

i encourage you to watch this, it will answer most of your questions ;)

The Authenticity of the Bible - Part 1 - Josh McDowell - YouTube
josh mcdowell, like me, used to be an atheist..but when he looked to refute it, found that the was more evidence for Christianity than he thought!

Steppen-Wolf

You know... Regardless of what the "truth" is, religion and faith do have a practical purpose, at least for some people, as they bring hope, comfort and strength.

But it doesn't work for everybody, some people just can't see things the way you do, even if they wanted, they just think and feel in a different way.

I don't think there is anything wrong with you finding strength in religion to overcome your problems and wanting to share just experience, but things like this:

...it is absolute...and there is only ONE right answer. i pray that you can discover what that answer is ;)

Tend to come off as condescending and preachy.

Share your experience, it might help others, but never try force or convince others of your personal truth, the only thing that such an attitude achieves is to alienate people and divide us even more.

Madix

You know... Regardless of what the "truth" is, religion and faith do have a practical purpose, at least for some people, as they bring hope, comfort and strength.

But it doesn't work for everybody, some people just can't see things the way you do, even if they wanted, they just think and feel in a different way.

I don't think there is anything wrong with you finding strength in religion to overcome your problems and wanting to share just experience, but things like this:

Tend to come off as condescending and preachy.

Share your experience, it might help others, but never try force or convince others of your personal truth, the only thing that such an attitude achieves is to alienate people and divide us even more.

first off i want to thank you for your concern...

because the last thing i want to do is push my beliefs on somebody...but thats not what i did at all. i presented factual, historical, and philosophical statements. I never told anybody what they HAD to believe...

but dont you see....that in saying i dont have the right to impose my beliefs on you...you are in fact, imposing your beliefs on me...by telling me what i shouldn't do.

everyone has beliefs and disbelieves...but it is a fact, that not everybody's beliefs are the same, or true. i never claimed that i was telling the truth Wolf...i said that i only believed that it was true.

you do present a fact that many things work for other people. you are on the right track. but it is also a proven fact that the bible has changed more lifes than any other form of text in history. that you cannot argue.

trust me haha this is far from preachy....SP is a horrible horrible thing....and judging by my own testimony and the record of the bible itself...i would say HECK YA...lets give this bible thing a shot. ya kno?

im only trying to help others....like i believe...god helped me.

there should be NO religious debates on this website, ive already agreed to the fact that can happen privately. all i want to do is ask people challenge what they already believe, whatever it is. have you done your homework? because i have, and still am ;)

i can be deleted lol
but i still pray for this website every night.::p: