I Don't Feel like Talking to Anybody. It's like Effort to Me?

PrincessKitty

Just recently I feel like I don't want to talk to anybody through the holidays, because its such hard work as it is.
My mum is trying her best to get me out of the house, but to be honest. (Well whats been happening at home and home problems) I just want to stay in my room and watch and read manga.
But even that, it has been hard to concentrate recently. I just can't focus on anything!!
Even watching films... the only thing I can do is, playing dress up games or watching youtube videos. That's the only concentration I've got at the moment.
I feel so depressed and such bad anxiety problems I just don't want to go out.

I want to meet up friends but I don't want to... because of my anxiety. I nearly did suicide attempt a few months ago because what's been going on.

I've got hardly any friends as it is... I guess I just feel so low.
(sorry for being a downer) But its the way that I'm feeling.

Alienated

Is it really so bad you want to die before you look for another answer ?

I can help you focus on things !! It's called getting rid of all the nonsense going through your head, and finding what's important is all !!

What's going on that's so distracting ? Could it be worrying about something that might not even happen ?

Before you answer that... That's what anxiety is . You have the choice to stop it you know, and you don't have to die to do it !!

Want to give it a try, for once ? Instead of being controlled by it..... Your choice.

Shrimp

I'll be spending most of my time reading manga or watching anime myself, allot of videogames with my online friends.
That's what my entire summer is going to be about, and I dont even care.

Sounds like you are paralyzed because you're afraid to celebrate your summer by being you.
Stop caring what others think, wear what you want, think what you want, say what you want, do what you want and read what you want.

People go through shit every day of their lives, that's what life is.
Read a manga and toast that you are alive, toast another one for those who aren't.
Those that died so you could still be alive, people who lost their lives so you can hate yours.

Are you really not happy in your room or are you just worrying yourself because you're afraid you're spending your summer differently than most people?

Because you are an amazing person yet you dont want to admit it.
You go through horrible shit everyday yet you are still here.
Life cannot beat you, it cannot destroy you and it cannot keep you down.
There is no shame in defeat as long as you dont let your spirit be conquered.
You deserve to live.

Last edited:

Xervello

You're not alone in feeling that way, Princess. I'm the same. First off, I rarely go out and just as rarely interact with anyone. Most of my socializing comes via online friends, and even then I only really feel like talking once every month or two months. Comes in spurts for a short duration and then I go back to wanting to be left alone.

You're right about the effort. When socializing or doing much of anything, it feels like you have to be "on" and put on a different face, do or say things you wouldn't ordinarily. It's draining mentally, isn't it. Which makes wanting to do it more often all that much more unappealing. Still, suffering from SA as we do, we have to force ourselves every once in awhile. Just gotta play the crappy hand we're dealt, ya know.

If it helps, just know that you're not alone. There are others who are going through what you're experiencing. Perhaps talking to others about it, as you are, may help. Keep sharing your stories. We enjoy hearing them. :)

jaim38

You're not alone. I'm spending most of the summer indoors, not out. Would rather be inside than out in the scorching heat. I also read manga and watch youtube videos, not because I'm forced to but because I enjoy them! I think you're already doing what you like doing. Even if I don't have anxiety I would still read manga and watch videos because those are my hobbies.

I also rarely hang out with friends because I'm poor and don't have much money to buy stuff or go places. In fact this summer my family won't be going on vacation.

PrincessKitty

You're not alone. I'm spending most of the summer indoors, not out. Would rather be inside than out in the scorching heat. I also read manga and watch youtube videos, not because I'm forced to but because I enjoy them! I think you're already doing what you like doing. Even if I don't have anxiety I would still read manga and watch videos because those are my hobbies.

I also rarely hang out with friends because I'm poor and don't have much money to buy stuff or go places. In fact this summer my family won't be going on vacation.

I'm poor too and all my friends are really rich. I live in a council with just me and mum. So money is tight, I do have a good relationship with my mum. And yeahh Anime and manga is my hobby and it is fun. But right now its hard to watch or read, its annoying.
I think your right because I hardly go out because I'm poor really and thats annoying too.

neardeath

"A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

Remember to put the glass down."

Think of something you think you'd like to do (if you felt better) and go do it!

I did it yesterday. Took my first bike ride in about a year. It was great to get out! You can do it, too.

Being poor complicates any social interaction. I have to budget for TP!

I did find a fun summer activity that's cheap. Buy a blow-up floating chair. I use an anchor and a rope with mine so I don't float in or out with the waves. :perfect: Wear sunscreen in case you fall asleep! Mine has a headrest, armrests, and a cup holder. One of my favorite activities on earth. Floating.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Manga and anime are your favourite pastimes, and yet you're having trouble concentrating on that, too? It's possible that your other worries are getting in the way of your enjoyment of your hobbies.

I'm not sure if you want advice or not, actually, haha. Hang in there!

Steelsoul

I know what you're going through. I have been staying at home all this summer, doing what i want indoor: play games, watch TV... I'm a bit different from my friends who mostly spend their time outside.

You should stick to your hobbies until you have the courage to hang out with friends. You don't have to feel bad because you're not alone in this. Stop worrying and you'll have concentration to do things

Bo592

Sound to me that you really want to be back with your friends but your anxiety is making you Think other wise. That may be the cause to why you can`t focus on your hobbies. Do you every think of things that your friends do that don`t cost alot of money that you can do with them. Do they like to hang out at any one house So you can go over there and see them and say HI to them. Not everything cost money .

PrincessKitty

"A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

Remember to put the glass down."

Think of something you think you'd like to do (if you felt better) and go do it!

I did it yesterday. Took my first bike ride in about a year. It was great to get out! You can do it, too.

Being poor complicates any social interaction. I have to budget for TP!

I did find a fun summer activity that's cheap. Buy a blow-up floating chair. I use an anchor and a rope with mine so I don't float in or out with the waves. :perfect: Wear sunscreen in case you fall asleep! Mine has a headrest, armrests, and a cup holder. One of my favorite activities on earth. Floating.

Actually I love to jog, but I haven't had the courage to do it. I mean where I live its like the country side and sometimes I love to jog and keep my mind of things. Its soo relaxing. I think I will do it. Thanks!

PrincessKitty

Thanks everyone for your advice today I felt relaxed because of it... And I guess I do worry sometimes but not all the time lol XD

mikebird

Banned
I really hate the standard, boring glass full, glass half full... question / statement I can't even quote it right here

~ "full glass or glass half full girl"
I first heard about 2004 when meeting someone special with online dating. She described herself (in person - in restaurant) she was one the best.

Whichever level of psychologist there is... from plankton to 6 times-awarded upper level psychologist... all of this mind game prodding means nothing to me. Primary school playground.

Today, the warm, humid weather is a bit annoying, but it can't harm me. I can cope, sweating pools... it's PEOPLE that I can't stand. Bubbly, outgoing. With ALL windows open; I don't mind a few horseflies buzzing round my head. I can hear any people outside, burbling, gurgling nonsense... ::p:

Back from ultimate exhaustion last weekend, I laid my bike in the car park, sitting next to an unknown smoking apartment resident. That takes a lot of effort! I ignore all people. I never look 'em in the eye, wave or ever speak. I just hold the door open, timid, humble and silently.

Full of endorphins? from my session... I did my best. Talking about air conditioning... it took no longer than 20 seconds for him to step on his fag, shoot & run to his car and get going. Nobody with him. What was he doing here. His mood seemed a bit low, staring at the sky before I arrived. Was it me?

What I want to say is: my life in these apartments since 2001 by myself. I feel on a downward spiral to oblivion. Nothing much has changed since the first day, except that I was employed a bit since.

Just summer time is OK. But all my good times used to involve lots of people. When I'm inside, typing, all people run around screaming and laughing in the carp park, as if their all 10 years old. They pack cars, slamming doors. I sit here miserable, when it's dark or in bright sunshine. How did I get into a lone status? All others here have.. 3 children, very brand new cars, always giggling. It wears me thin. As I hear them all squealing... young friends visiting or going out together... I can't understand what they say - can't tell if English of foreign. I am at a peak of paranoia that they are laughing at me. I hide. The man in his apartment! What's he doing?

Head held low. No paradise. No holiday. No fortune.

I can't get any peace

Last edited:

Samsapple

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Get out there and make a fool of yourself. It's a heck of a lot more interesting than staying at home day dreaming.