I can't stop drinking

Darker Than Black

in the past couple weeks, I kept on drinking, everyday, just little amount at a time and I mixed it with water to rid of the tense flavours. I'm having some sort of mood swing right now, and I just want to drink and keep drinking. I don't want to become some sort of alcoholic, it reminds me so much of past events, but some urge just tell me to keep drinking

Harleyq

This is why anxious people need to be very careful around alcohol. We're extremely likely to become dependent on it.

If you've recognized it as a problem, better to fight it off now before it gets you in worse trouble. I've had those moments too. I don't drink, but I've had nights where I came really close to saying "f-ck it" and then going out to buy alcohol to "calm my nerves".

Try to find something else to distract you - concentrate on school work, or play a game, or listen to music, or pop in a dvd to watch, or exercise, or read, or try to take a nap..or talk to us :)

You don't need to be doing anything destructive because it's just going to increase your anxiety later. Eventually you'll just get more anxious if you don't have access to alcohol during a depressive/anxious moment because you'll start thinking you absolutely must have that alcohol in order to function, which isn't true, and it's not another kind of stress you need or deserve in your life.

Last edited:

Jake123

Banned
The only thing stopping me from becoming an alcoholic, as stupid as this sounds, is because of the calories.

Mack_Berserk

I used to drink everyday in high school... Didn't work out so well. I almost had a few drinks today, but instead hit the gym... HARD. Now the urge is gone and the stress levels are lower. Still pretty stressed, but not near as much.

... I hate getting stressed over stupid things of the past :mad:

206Raider

I got drunk at a bar today and I had hella fun man, makes me wanna drink all day! but I'm probably kinda buzzed now, I only turned 21 last months so fucc it right?

rayray

I never really liked to drink,but oh well,if i drink then only beer,cause i like it.
I drink only for company,but of course,there is those days when i want to go and buy some beer and get drunk,but i hold back myself from that because 1st- I don't want to drink alone and be pathetic. 2nd-I don't want to become dependent on alcohol and become a drunk,because i remember my dad when i was younger,he used to drink ..alot.
i'm kinda proud of myself that i dont drink and smoke,because when i was very young i sweared to myself that i wont smoke,ever and i dont. :D however most of ppl my age and even younger smokes,drinks n stuff.

Mikefly

Ive drank two days in a row and my nerves are friggin' shot right now . Idk why i did this i usually drink one day per week but , i don't wanna drink at all.... sometimes tho i am like f-it who the f$ck cares and ill get wasted . I need more hobbies.

Awkward Annie

I don't drink at all because I've seen how it can take hold of people's lives even if they are not aware of it. I'm also sure I would use it as a crutch to get through life but I prefer walking on my own two feet.

Luke1993

I want to drink, but I only like whiskey and spirits. I also wouldn't mind being an alcoholic, because then I could meet people at AA meetings and possibly make friends.