I Can Help You Cure Your Blushing

cure

I'm almost on week 6 now,

I have seen some improvement on my blushing and a big improvement on my sweating. :D

I can say stuff that I would have kept to myself before without blushing. More and more situations that made me blush don't make me blush anymore. My face also just feels different. It's hard to explain but it's like if there was something under my facial skin that was there before but is now gone which makes my face feel more cool.

The biggest improvement is on my sweating though. My hands and feet are almost totally dry and they are also much less cold. I'm still sweating from the armpits but that area is also a little bit improved.

I have also noticed that when I drink beer I start to sweat and flush a little bit which is strange because it never happened before. I don't know why it does that but I read that beer is high in histamine and the breakdown of alcohol puts the breakdown of histamine on hold. Some foods also give me a "prickly" feeling which then makes me more likely to blush.

I now also take 50 mg of Vitamin B6 and 1000 mg of Vitamin C daily along with my doses of L-Methionine, Calcium and Magnesium.

I will keep you updated. :)

grimaldi

Cure: I am so happy to hear that, especially concerning sweating also! Congratulations and I hope more people will have the same luck! Did you also have palpitations when getting nervous before, and if so - did they improve?

Thanks

theoneandonly

Cure, this is amazing news!

Do you think you can give me the link to an article that explains how high histamine can affect blushing/nervousness? I want to show my doctor proof and that I'm not making this up when I go to see him.

TubalCain

Cure, this is amazing news!

Do you think you can give me the link to an article that explains how high histamine can affect blushing/nervousness? I want to show my doctor proof and that I'm not making this up when I go to see him.
I Googled his quotes and found these:

Body and Personality Type

CRAM Science - Ask Dr. CRAM

I've seen a lot of interesting things about histamine that relate to me personally. Unfortunately I doubt anyone has ever done a scientific study concerning blushers and histamine so everyone's success may vary. This seems like a pretty low risk approach though so I think people should try it.

P.S. I'm still waiting to see if I can get tested somewhere before starting the regimen (how do you know the Niacin test is legitimate?). I also started taking Paxil again after a year off and it's helping significantly with the blushing so I'm not in a huge hurry to start the L-methionine and calcium.

cure

P.S. I'm still waiting to see if I can get tested somewhere before starting the regimen (how do you know the Niacin test is legitimate?). I also started taking Paxil again after a year off and it's helping significantly with the blushing so I'm not in a huge hurry to start the L-methionine and calcium.

I don't know if the Niacin flush test is very accurate but I'm the only one in my family who was able to flush from a 50 mg dose. My father, my mother and my brother couldn't. Then I started the regimen and two weeks later when I took Niacin again I noticed that I didn't flush as bad as before and it got better and better with time.

It's probably not the best test but it's better than nothing if your doctor can't check your histamine level. Just be sure you buy nicotinic acid and not niacinamide if you want to try because niacinamide is the kind of Niacin that doesn't make you flush.

comeonman

Here's my story:

I'm a 27 yr old male. I have had an intolerance to heat for about 10 years...meaning I sweat in situations where 99 percent of other people are not sweating. Others may say things like "it’s a little hot in here", but I will be the only one that is physically reacting to that little bit of increased heat. I am also a face blusher. However, I will say that my face blushing is a secondary problem...my main problem was sweating....but as you will see it has provided me with a way to crack both. I remember getting red in situations for most of my life. During the last 5 years, I would say my flushing is under control in social situations. What’s still occurring is extreme flushing during exercise (to be expected to a point), cold weather, or when I’m extremely stressed out. Also, I can feel my ears getting hot and red when stressed. I recently moved from Michigan to southern California, and am in an intense situation (med school). This is when I decided to try and find something to help me with my sweating.

I walk to school. 10 minute walk in 85 degree weather, with the sun beating down on me. After I would get to school, I would continue to sweat for about 30-45 minutes (in the a/c). I would have a hard time getting my core temp back down. Also, I would start to get anxiety about it, which I'm sure did not help the situation. What made me frustrated is that other people had the same walk or worse, but weren’t sweating like me. So what comes first...the chicken or the egg? Some could argue an anxiety issue is causing my profuse sweating...but I think my profuse sweating is causing my anxiety. This is where I scoured the internet about hyperhydrosis....and I found a “miracle drug”. A drug called avert..an anti-cholinergic. Also, I was using the topical glycopyrrolate pads. You can get this from drug stores in Canada (pharmacy.ca if your interested). Let me tell you guys...this stuff works. It literally made me stop sweating in any situation. This was a critical step in letting me find this site. When I was taking this drug, what would happen was crazy. My body wouldn’t sweat, but in a warm room I would instead get extremely flushed. Insane flushed! I would have the reddest cheeks ever seen. This would go away after time when I was removed from this warm stimulus, but not as easy as the sweating. I thought to myself that I clearly am having some kind of hypersensitivity reaction to heat...almost like an allergic reaction. Histamine was the first thing that came to mind. Needless to say, I stopped taking this medication as it wasn’t for me. Getting ridiculously flushed was more of a problem than sweating in my book. Also, it was harder for me to alleviate the flushing than stopping the sweating.

Histadelia has absolutely no credibility in the medical community...why this is could be for a variety of reasons....and is far above my knowledge. Some super smart PhD or M.D. i'm sure could squash the mechanism behind the mentioned cure...but you cannot deny the results.

I did some research on histadlia (which again is limited and not backed by anybody credible).. and started taking this regimen

A pill that has in it (Calcium 1500 mg, Magnesium 750 mg, Zinc 45 mg) 2-3 times/day
A pill that has in it (Vitamin C 1000 mg) usually 1/day...sometimes 2 times/day
A pill that has in it (Vitamin B-6 50, mg L-Methionine 500 mg) 2 times/day
A pill that has in it (Manganese 10 mg) 1 times/day

I get these from The Vitamin Shoppe. I was surprised you guys are having trouble finding this stuff and are resorting to online (but that might be cheaper...shipping prices though?). See if the vitamin shoppe or a store like that is near you. I believe taking these is still within the upper limits…or very close. So I thought, why not?

Results. After taking this regimen for approximately 6 weeks I can happily say that my situation has improved considerably. Don't be suspicious that my environment has changed. I wouldn’t post this without solid evidence based on facts. My workload in school has increased; I’ve still got tons of stress. The weather here in socal is still very hot. Here is an example. A couple of days ago I walked to school like i always do. It was very hot. I didn’t really start to sweat a lot like usual, but I was sweating a little. Almost like a normal human being! The HUGE difference was that I was able to cool off in a matter of minutes after getting there. This single example is backed up by dozens of situations that have occurred within the last 2 weeks.

I know this forum is about blushing...which I only had a little bit. However, I was super flushed on a medication that stopped me from sweating which gave me clues about my condition. Once I stopped the medication and started the regimen, I have extremely reduced sweating and I'm assuming reduced flushing (since I have not been flushed from exercise, stress, or social situations since the reduced sweating results). I hope this gives hope to some…but I know it won’t help others. We are all different (capt. Obvious), but I can assure you that it will help a portion of you. Good luck.

grimaldi

comeonman: Very interesting and I am happy to hear about your improvements from this awkard condition!

How about palpitations? Did you have them before, and if so, have they improved?

grimaldi

Just an edit even though it's slightly off topic: I so recognize myself in your description of walking to school. I live in Hong Kong, and have 15 minutes to university. Instead, I walk five minutes in the opposite direction to get to a bus which takes 20 minutes to get to school. I take the bus which takes longer time, to prevent being soaked on arrival to university. Ridiculous.

This Friday, I went of a couple of stops to early to run errands before school. Just as you, I continue to sweat inside the air conditioned classroom for some 20-30 minutes before cooling, after I had a less than 10 minute walk to school.

I will get my stuff early next week and I hope it can help me in the same way ^^

slaponface

its amazing what stress can do to your health. it can do all sorts of weird shit, ageing, strokes, heart attacks and even blushing. i wasnt a blusher at all then bang! it hit me, full on stress had been applied to my life, then funny enough, more stress because of the blushing. then so the vicous cycle started. "hey look every one he's blushing" haha very funny asshole.....i have all the symptoms of histadelia i have been on the anti-histamine treatment of calcium and methonine for at least five weeks. i almost have my full confidence back, it has worked wonders. the strange thing is, is that even when i do get a burn on my face it isnt red. i hope that this treatment works for others, i know what its like its a f***ing curse..peace

grimaldi

I have been tracking my parcel like a psychotic this weekend and finally it has arrived to Hong Kong. So I will start the treatment tomorrow or the day after and I am really excited about it. So many things in the description suits me so it would be stupid not to try. I am also diagnosed with over active sympathetic nervous system, and histamine is a neurotransmitter of activity to the central nervous system.

However, I still am a little unclear about folic acid. It says everywhere that folic acid should be avoided if you have histadelia. I just checked out the Vitamin B executive pills I have been taking for a month now and they contain, among other things, 200 mg folic acid. But at the same time, Vitamin B is healthy for the nervous system. Should I quit those pills or not??

I got more confused since comeonman in the post above wrote that he takes a pill with 50 mg Vitamin B6 daily - Vitamin B6 is synonymous with folic acid.

I will start tomorrow and plan to take the following set of vitamins/pills daily:

* 500 mg L-Methonine, 2 times/day
* 1,000 mg C-Vitamin, 1 time/day
* A pill with 333 mg calcium, 167 mg magnesium, 20 mg zinc, 3 times/day
* Omega 3 pills, 2 times/day

Any suggestion or comments before I start this? Any advice about diet, or exercise? How much will alcohol ruin?

I don't know if it's realistic to hope that this will help with blushing, sweating, palpitations and general anxiety. But I really hope so. This might be on of the last remedies I try before seriously considering ETS/EBS surgery.

Any advices more than welcome! And how is it going for everyone else?

Thanks

U

Unregistered123

Hi, I started trying L-methionine, but I've had AWFUL gas (so embarassing) lol. Has anyone else had the same problem?

It sounds like you guys have histadelia (excess histamine, nothing to do with thyroid)

There is no quick fix, it takes around 3 months but those 3 months are said to cure you for life pretty much, it seems that way for me. I'm on week 8 right now and life has never been better

I take 500mg of L-methionine twice per day and 500mg of calcium twice per day

I've had this problem for 27 years of my life, I avoided all social situations (and I wanted to be an actor) and literally stayed indoors most of my life. It was horrible. I tried everything from Vitamin C, blood tests (I had 15 blood tests!), Vitamin B, taking things that increases seratonin and so on

Until I eventually discovered this. I found that whenever I ate protein like tuna or chicken my whole body would flush. Protein is terrible for people with histadelia

grimaldi

OK why has this thread dropped dead when it should be as most active?? About ten weeks after upstart a lot of people should have been on this remedy for a good six weeks by now, is there any more results to be reported - good or bad?

Oh Jesus, I just realized that my doctor which diagnosed me with a CNS dysfunction prescribed me Vitamin B12 in large doses, which I have been taking regularly since June. On top of that, I just read on the side of the "Vitamin B Executive" that I have been taking for over a month that each pill contains 200 mg folic acid.

No wonder then, that I realized my symptoms have actually been worsening during the last two months. Maybe another sign I am histadelic?? If so, my histamine should be higher than ever now due to the steady supply of folid acid and Vitamin B12....

I was suppose to have the goods on my table today but DHL claims their truck is broken. I might have it by midnight or tomorrow.

God let this be the salvation.

Felipe

OK why has this thread dropped dead when it should be as most active?? About ten weeks after upstart a lot of people should have been on this remedy for a good six weeks by now, is there any more results to be reported - good or bad?

I've ordered l-methionine from ebay almost 2 weeks ago, so it will probably take 2 more weeks to arrive here. Then, for sure I'll take it for some time and tell you guys the results.

Jackall

Update: well i still blush but it seems that not in as many situations, its really hard to tell how bad since i dont carry a mirror with me to check my face every time but when i workout it wayyy less red.

Well I have been taking Methionine & calcium (1000mg each) for only 4.5 days, but I will definately post any results after a few weeks. It could be placebo but i do feel a little more confident. Anyway its too early to confirm anything yet

Jackall

ya i had same thing during first few days really felt good lol and i thought it was placibo but i keep felling like that still after about 3 weeks

theoneandonly

Cure,

I bought Niacin (not the flush-free kind) but they only came in 250mg pills, so I had to cut it myself to about 50mg.

I took it and I noticed my face started to flush a little, but it wasn't full-out red. Am I supposed to flush more, or is the fact that I flushed a little enough to say I have histadelia?

cure

Cure,

I bought Niacin (not the flush-free kind) but they only came in 250mg pills, so I had to cut it myself to about 50mg.

I took it and I noticed my face started to flush a little, but it wasn't full-out red. Am I supposed to flush more, or is the fact that I flushed a little enough to say I have histadelia?

I don't know. Maybe you have slightly elevated histamine levels. When I took it my face got red but not as much as when I blush. The worst was my neck though, it was completely red. I also had some redness on other parts of my body.

Are you taking it on an empty stomach? The best way to take it is on an empty stomach right after you wake up.