I Can Help You Cure Your Blushing

I have been taking L-meth & Calc for 12 days, had no side effects at all. I am going to complete a 3 month period before I conclude its effectiveness but, like I said after only 4.5 days, I do feel more confident. I seem to care less about entering a potential blush situation, which helps! I really hope its not placebo. I will still blush if im put in a hard situation but I think I blush less or not at all in an easier situation.

Hey Cure, what day are you on?

cure

I have been taking L-meth & Calc for 12 days, had no side effects at all. I am going to complete a 3 month period before I conclude its effectiveness but, like I said after only 4.5 days, I do feel more confident. I seem to care less about entering a potential blush situation, which helps! I really hope its not placebo. I will still blush if im put in a hard situation but I think I blush less or not at all in an easier situation.

Hey Cure, what day are you on?

Too Much Methionine Appears to be Bad For Mammals

any thoughts on this?

Edit: The whole methionine thing gives me a headache sometimes. Its hard to know exactly what to do? Example: Its possibly a good idea to reduce chicken intake as the protein creates histamine, however chicken has methionine, vit B6 & vit B12 in it....and quite a lot too. Its a similar story for red meat and fish....at least this is what I seem to have learned.
There are websites which seem to be against methionine supplements altogether, some that recommend it be taken with B12, or B6 or both? I have even found a website which recommended it be taken with folic acid? Now that may be correct but I was under the impression folic acid was bad for blushers.
I'd post links but there is too many, they can all be found from googling.

Its just feels like no-one really knows (I cant complain, Its just a shame) so I suppose the best way would be to judge your own results, but even thats quite hard which is evident through the posts on this thread.

I will carry on with Methionine and calcium for a coupke months yet anyway....with my fingers crossed.

would it be a good idea for everyone to add a post every so often which reads like so:

Negitive results:75% positive that I blush more blah blah
AND / OR
Conclusion: I would recommend this because blah blah

I dont mean to sound like some obsessive freak here, just want a good way of collating info

I dont know if there is enough people posting their results though, or even enough people trying it.....theres no-one else I can ask though :-(

Last edited:

theoneandonly

I will be getting the results for my urine test soon (hopefully today), and if my histamine levels are high, I will tell you guys what my doctor recommends doing.

cure

I will be getting the results for my urine test soon (hopefully today), and if my histamine levels are high, I will tell you guys what my doctor recommends doing.

Good luck, I hope your levels will be high.

Too many people (myself included) have started this treatment without really being sure if they are histadelic or not. Now that I have seen obvious improvements I'm 95% sure I am but I still don't get too excited because a lot of people blush even though their histamine levels are normal.

Where did you get tested?

westminster

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, and am happy to be another guinea pig to test the Histadelia hypothesis. I match most of the symptoms Blush outlined initially. My blushing is pretty severe - triggered by anyone at work who approaches for a chat, no matter how informal. The only blush-free interaction I have is with my close pals, family, and fiancee.

Currently the only thing that diffuses the blushing is a combination of Propranolol (40mg) and Diazepam (10mg plus). The combo gets me through a presentation or meeting blush-free, but it tends to send me to sleep. Working in insurance, it's hard enough to stay awake as it is...

CBT hasn't worked for my blushing (I argue against many of the cognitive errors!), and neither have psychological strategies such as paradoxical intention.

I started taking today:
* Vitamin C 1000mg
* Methionine 550mg (x2 a day)
* Calcium 400mg (x2 a day)

Will update every so often to ensure this thread is bumped and that the strategy is given a fair trial. Recognise this isn't exactly double blind placebo testing, but it's another contribution, huh?

On another matter, any fellow blushers fancy setting up a business so we can make a living in an environment where it's 100% okay to turn purple whenever you want? Strange, isn't it - if all people turned red during social interaction no-one would care less anymore.

theoneandonly

Good luck, I hope your levels will be high.

Too many people (myself included) have started this treatment without really being sure if they are histadelic or not. Now that I have seen obvious improvements I'm 95% sure I am but I still don't get too excited because a lot of people blush even though their histamine levels are normal.

Where did you get tested?

I went to an internist because my pediatrician didn't care for me.

I'm still waiting for the urine results.::(:

Scotsman

This is pretty crazy
I have mosty of the those signs and also have had psychosis. I also have gentic risk for both psychosis and social anxiety though. Why not rule it out though, it probably the easiest/most reliable to treat.
Thanks

cure

How does it go guys? Any improvement, Cure? Where is Blush?
Still blushing but the last three days I haven't blushed in two situations that would have certainly made me blush before.

I went to an internist because my pediatrician didn't care for me.

I'm still waiting for the urine results.::(:
Sometimes they don't call you when everything is fine, I hope that's not the case here. ::(:

Did your internist find a histamine test right away or did he have to do some research first? I will probably go to my doctor tomorrow to get my histamine and adrenaline levels tested.

claus78

Still blushing but the last three days I haven't blushed in two situations that would have certainly made me blush before.

Do you think it's placebo or real improvement?

I've been taking L-methionine 500mg and calcium 300mg for the last one week and I see results but I really believe that is placebo.

claus78

Cure, what about your sweating? I'm taking this stuff for my facial sweating (I have not facial blushing)... Do you think L-methionine and Calcium will be good for me?

Last edited:

cure

Do you think it's placebo or real improvement?

I've been taking L-methionine 500mg and calcium 300mg for the last one week and I see results but I really believe that is placebo.
I don't know if the improvement on my blushing is placebo but I know for sure that the other improvements that I had are definitely not placebo (harder orgasm and no more excess saliva).

The results that you have seen are probably placebo in my opinion because one week is not enough time. I have read that it takes usually 3 to 6 months and sometimes even 12 months to fix this chemical imbalance.
Cure, what about your sweating? I'm taking this stuff for my facial sweating (I have not facial blushing)... Do you think L-methionine and Calcium will be good for me?
I have mild hyperhidrosis (palms & underarms). I could probably fix it by using a strong antiperspirant like Drysol but I'm too lazy to get a prescription and it doesn't even bother me that much. The real problem for me is facial blushing.

I had seen some improvements on sweating first but then I had a setback (it was probably placebo).

Excessive sweating is a symptom of histadelia so L-Methionine and Calcium could probably help but only if you have histadelia and if your sweating is caused by it.

grimaldi

I am a heavy generalized hyperhidrosis sufferer and my sweating got a lot WORSE when I now have been taking this cure for three weeks.

BUT as I said before, that shows that something is actually happening inside my body. I might feel a bit improvement concerning blushing, but to early to say really.

Keep on fighting.
Thanks.

theoneandonly

I called the doctor's office and the receptionist said my results were fine. She said that she couldn't give the results over the phone and that I would have to go in-person and talk to my doctor about it.

Now I feel like there's nothing that can help me. ::(:

F

Feebs

Well this sounds like it is worth a shot. Inexpensive compared to other treatments and it seems to make sense. I was considering IPL as i have heard it can really help but now having read the symptoms in the first post i think i will give this a try.

Does anyone else blush/flush badly on the neck and chest? My worst flushing episodes usually start on the neck and can sometimes extend to me chest, upper arms and back too. My flushing tends to happen in what would for most people be normal situations such as shopping, chatting at work etc and is much worse when i have had a glass of wine!

Will see how it goes and keep you updated.