I am wasting thread space because I want to vent.

MsKip

My 16th is tomorrow, half an hour away.
My mum forgot and had to be reminded by my grandma.
My friend canceled our plans for the day.
My boyfriend came over 10 minutes ago, made me cry, and then left again.

There's nothing sweet about it.

mimi1988

There's nothing sweet about it.

Hmm. Let me try and remember what I did on my "sweet" 16th.....
I went with my sister to go register for her classes. Oh yeah, we caught the bus there lol. We got off at the wrong stop, got lost, and walked around for 30 min. looking for the school. (it was about a 100 degrees that day). Came home... I didn't get cake, not even a card. Didn't even have a boyfriend lol. I think my momma and daddy said happy birthday to me (they did at least remember my b-day), but that was it. Nothing special; nothing "sweet".

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Yup... nothing sweet about being 16. It's pretty much down-hill from there.
Actually it's pretty much down-hill from about... 10, but yeah...

Happy Birthday!! ... Although there's no point in me saying that now...

thor01

Yep I agree,

Sorry to hear its not going how you would have liked. I did the same thing on my 16th as I have every year since about the 11th, pretty much nothing.

Kinetik

I don't even remember my 16th and I'm only 25, so it can't have been very important in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, try not to let other people determine your happiness or state of mind. If you do that, you're setting yourself up for disappointment because those around you, no matter how close, can't live up the expectations of getting it right all the time. Regardless, I hope you have as nice a birthday as possible.

xSleepy

hi happy birthday. sorry your bf made you cry, guys suck. if you want i will use my telekinesis to kill him... or just hurt him really bad, k?

klytus

1. Why do you want to celebrate your birthday? Is it very important to you?
2. Why do you have a boyfriend who makes you cry?
3. Why do you have "friends" who cancel plans that you deem personally important?
(If you don't find it that important, there's no point in bitching about the person who cancelled it.)
4. Your mum can forget things, too.

Well, you can't easily get rid of your mum, but - in general - if people in your life don't behave the way you want them to, either change yourself or get rid of people who don't make you happy. Perhaps start making yourself happy. What did you do for yourself on your birthday?

sorry your bf made you cry, guys suck.
Girls suck, too. I mean, all of them. Ugh. Girls.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Don't worry, your next birthdays will be better :)
I don't like my birthday, I only like others' birthdays, as long as there is enough stuff to get pretty drunk, lol. But who cares, birthdays are just stupid days where everyone is expected to be happy and celebrate even if they don't feel like it... like Christmas, or any other holiday. Who cares. I don't feel like celebrating anything anyway. I'll celebrate as soon as I start to feel good in my life, hopefully it'll be as soon as possible, and I won't care what day it'll be.

Parents sometimes forget these kinda things, don't worry about that :)
If your friend canceled plans then I don't think she's a very good friend of yours. I remember some birthdays when "friends had to do some important stuff" while 2 days later we were in another birthday and celebrated all night and some of them didn't go to work and to other places... My birthday was forgot then.
At the age of 16 it's looks very important to celebrate birthday. After a couple of years it won't look very important... And the last time I think I celebrated my birthday was a couple of years ago. I don't have a lot of people to celebrate with.

sabbath9

Banned
You say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

Yes we're going to a party party

I would like you to dance (Birthday)
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
Dance

Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
Dance

Well it's my birthday too, yeah
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

Lea

Banned
I don´t even care about my birthday, it´s just a day like any other. But I hold that day somehow special anyway, like that day in year is MINE. And its 3 of August, I like this time. But I don´t expect to receive presents or anybody doing anything special for me. But I understand others do and there´s nothing wrong with that, it depends on the individual situation. Perhaps it also matters more to younger people or people who are more sociable..