I am crazy!!

lac operon

In my University classes there are many Attractive Girls. There are few girls I like right now in my Labs, my Lectures and at work. As I am progressing on my Social Phobia treatment, I had no problems talking with them, It's just that when I get home I keep getting "extremely bad thoughts" and it is driving me crazy. I start stalking them on Facebook 24/7/365, it got to a point that, I visited this one girl's profile 1394 times on last friday. I deactivated my FB so I can Focus on studying ( because I am in Med School), But I cant help my self, I kept involuntarily type facebook into my URL. I think I am Crazy, What Should I do?

Why

uhhhhhhh

u are focusing too much on their apperance? treat cute girls like any other human, dont put them on a pedestal. i have this problem too but not as major

lac operon

Every Time when I try to look a Journal Article for my research project, I involuntarily types FB into the URL, I try to cut my self on the arm when I do it now, so the proper response cost can terminate my reinforcement of stalking behavior. I am CRAZY!

Flowers-Of-Bloom

This is interesting, yet highly disturbing. Why did you write the words "attractive girls" as if they were proper nouns?
Stalkerish behaviour should not be tolerated, yet clearly your thoughts are intrusive. I suggest you control yourself, perhaps see a psychologist if you haven't already.

Every Time when I try to look a Journal Article for my research project, I involuntarily types FB into the URL, I try to cut my self on the arm when I do it now, so the proper response cost can terminate my reinforcement of stalking behavior. I am CRAZY!

yeah I have no other solutions for you.. try the negative reinforcement thing. Don't actually cut yourself though... :( maybe you could do the rubber band on your wrist thing. You know like snap it whenever you type facebook.

Harleyq

I really think you need to talk to a psychologist about these thoughts to figure out exactly what's going on. Sounds like this is seriously interfering with your life and when that becomes the case, I think it's best to seek help.

Does your university offer counseling services? At my school, students are automatically billed for 8 weeks of counseling treatment, whether we use it or not. Might be something worth looking into, if your school operates similarly.

exquisite

if this is beginning to intrude on your personal life & your career, it could be very serious. it does sound very stalker-ish, so as others have suggested before me, go to a professional & talk to them about it.

Darker Than Black

I really think you need to talk to a psychologist about these thoughts to figure out exactly what's going on. Sounds like this is seriously interfering with your life and when that becomes the case, I think it's best to seek help.

Does your university offer counseling services? At my school, students are automatically billed for 8 weeks of counseling treatment, whether we use it or not. Might be something worth looking into, if your school operates similarly.

there is counseling, but his time schedule is in conflict with all his counseling sessions...

And ya dude..over 1000 times...omg...LOL.

I used to have those thoughts and the stalking thing...but it all ended after grade 12

I mean I liked cindy, but NOT to the point where I visit her FB page over 1000 a day..or even a year for that fact, maybe 10 times a year.

I think ur focusing on their looks too much man, look at me..I look like a normal guy..RIGHT?? But I have so many issues, looks can be deceiving, its all superficial.

Maybe its because u haven't got any hardcore rejection like I did, that made me loose interest in talking to girls.

I remember once I tried to kill myself, and then I told the girl I liked that I tried to cuz of my problems...she pretty much just told me to F off, that was before Cindy, and she just blocked me...wtf is wrong w/ all the girls i liked

But ya, WILLPOWER man, JUST STOP IT, thats all i can say

lac operon

there is counseling, but his time schedule is in conflict with all his counseling sessions...

And ya dude..over 1000 times...omg...LOL.

I used to have those thoughts and the stalking thing...but it all ended after grade 12

I mean I liked cindy, but NOT to the point where I visit her FB page over 1000 a day..or even a year for that fact, maybe 10 times a year.

I think ur focusing on their looks too much man, look at me..I look like a normal guy..RIGHT?? But I have so many issues, looks can be deceiving, its all superficial.

Maybe its because u haven't got any hardcore rejection like I did, that made me loose interest in talking to girls.

I remember once I tried to kill myself, and then I told the girl I liked that I tried to cuz of my problems...she pretty much just told me to F off, that was before Cindy, and she just blocked me...wtf is wrong w/ all the girls i liked

But ya, WILLPOWER man, JUST STOP IT, thats all i can say

you stalking me man, how did you know my time table conflicts with counseling? plus I like girls for their inside.

lac operon

I also stalk them in my lectures and labs even know they sits beside me. although I talk to them, And can talk to them, I still stalk, is like a father who always wondering what is his daughter doing. It's very embarrassing because sometime they looks this way and I got caught in the moment, forgot turn my head.... Its even worse when one of their friend wanted to use my MAC and try to go on to FB and saw the URL and the hit number

Nack

Banned
I just think you need a new hobby, something to get girls out of your mind... Running, lifting weights, etc.

Darker Than Black

I also stalk them in my lectures and labs even know they sits beside me. although I talk to them, And can talk to them, I still stalk, is like a father who always wondering what is his daughter doing. It's very embarrassing because sometime they looks this way and I got caught in the moment, forgot turn my head.... Its even worse when one of their friend wanted to use my MAC and try to go on to FB and saw the URL and the hit number

k then, guess im the one whose socially inept w/ girls

In my University classes there are many Attractive Girls. There are few girls I like right now in my Labs, my Lectures and at work. As I am progressing on my Social Phobia treatment, I had no problems talking with them, It's just that when I get home I keep getting "extremely bad thoughts" and it is driving me crazy. I start stalking them on Facebook 24/7/365, it got to a point that, I visited this one girl's profile 1394 times on last friday. I deactivated my FB so I can Focus on studying ( because I am in Med School), But I cant help my self, I kept involuntarily type facebook into my URL. I think I am Crazy, What Should I do?

That sounds like a bonafide obsession. Im not sure what to do, but perhaps you could try focusing your attention on something else as soon as the obsessive thought comes into your mind.