Hyperhidrosis Remedies and information

What remedy have you found most successful for hyperhidrosis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggie

Unfortunately, I don't stay in the UK. How can I contact Nova Laboratories to order glycopyrrolate solution? How much does it cost?

Thanks.

Doggie

pharmacy.ca sells Secure (topical glycopyrrolate 2.5%) pads. Any idea what are these and how to use them? Are they effective?

Thanks.

gladys

I bought the Idromed 4 a few weeks ago and I can't believe how fast it works!
Promised to post a comment somewhere, have suffered from hyperhidrosis all my life and for the first time I feel comfortable shaking hands with people I meet.
Highly recommend it.

Ivy

Sorry for butting in, I have used the "Search" function but it didn't come up with any results and I don't know where else to post this ... I have come across a product called "Sweat-Off" (what a name :roll: ) which sounds quite promising - has anyone got any experience with this product or knows it? It contains aluminium chloride and is supposed to work fast and very effective. Here is the website address:
http://www.sweat-off.co.uk/
I am truly grateful for your opinions, I have been searching for so long now ...

louby

yeah !!

tried a few things ..driclor/perspirex.... n then was able to try iontopherisis at the hospital ... but i gave up after quite a few sessions as i didnt really think i was getting anywhere !!

but iv read that it works for you n i kinda wished id peservered.. not sure if to go back hhmmmmmm

just ordered odaban so gonna give that ago !!

the manchester sunshiiiiiine is making it worse at the mo ! doh !!

louby

bit cooler today isnt in pinker !! :) ... which is good in a way but i also love the sun !!

yeah i had 7 ... then they allowed me to take it home ...

besided the fact i didnt see an affect except for about an hour after .. i took my hands out a few times.. dont know why !! that is some electric shock you get lol !! so that put me off a bit toooooo !!

i also went to a private clinic in mcr so if they do botox but they said no... i dont think that sounds like a good option for hands n feet anyhoooow altho i would've give it a go !!

fingers crossed for the odaban !!

r1234

i just ordered obadan too. i'll let you guys know how it goes. i think i'll cry if it doesn't work.

cjj2003

Pinker,

When it gets hot out my fingers sweat and also swell alot. Do you know anything about this or heard of anyone else that has this problem as well?

thanks,2003

animal27

Hi Pinker,

I have been suffering since I was 6 years old and my 1st grade teacher sent a note home about my hands. Telling my parents that she was tired of my soaked papers and such!!! After talking with them, she decided to have them send a washcloth for me to put my hands on. Palm up on the washcloth to “dry them out”. That was a nightmare! After that I was the freak in school. At the Dr. my Mom was told that I had “overactive sweat glands and could be given a pill that would solve the problem”, but would dry out my mouth and everything else….She said no. Third grade I had a teacher who sent an Aloe Vera plant home with me on the bus (endless teasing) so my mom could plant it and rub it on my hands. My Teacher thought that this would stop the wetness. I then was called a “freak with frog hands” and the kids threw rocks at me on the play ground the rest of the school year! I very quickly learned that it did no good to let anyone see or know about my problem. So, I would hide it at any cost. By 14, my underarms would look like a gallon of water was poured on them. Then under stress my face and now the rest of me. I live where it gets to over 100 in the summer, its worse then!! My Mom has always been a little sweaty. My younger sister has wet hands. Now my children have wet hands. I fear for my children. Is HH passed down through family members? I don’t want my kids to have my same problems. I have quite jobs due to this, I don’t go very many places because of it, and if I weren’t married then I don’t know what I would do for money. I can’t handle all of the problems that come with working and trying to stay dry and not smell so others don’t treat me like the kids in school. I have been on the anxiety med Atarax and Buspur (even through pregnancy) and I was just sleepy and still sweaty!! My husband is very kind about it all, but thinks that it’s because I’m over weight. If the girl at my bank asks me if I am okay one more time while I’m standing there dripping, I’ll scream! I am ready to just dig a hole and crawl in it!! I can’t get over being tortured my whole life and admit to anyone what is going on with me, I’m scared! If I don’t do something, anything, what kind of life is this? Not the one I wanted. I want to be “normal”, is that too much to ask?

I found this site and you trying to help people and I have some hope now!! I want to try the Avert. I want an end to this not just treatment to the symptoms. Do I have to go to the Dr. to get it?

Please help,
Animal27,
Texas, US

P.S. You’re helping people and not many can say that about themselves, Good Job!!! Sorry, so long a post.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. :lol:

animal27 said:
Hi Pinker,

I have been suffering since I was 6 years old and my 1st grade teacher sent a note home about my hands. Telling my parents that she was tired of my soaked papers and such!!! After talking with them, she decided to have them send a washcloth for me to put my hands on. Palm up on the washcloth to “dry them out”. That was a nightmare! After that I was the freak in school. At the Dr. my Mom was told that I had “overactive sweat glands and could be given a pill that would solve the problem”, but would dry out my mouth and everything else….She said no. Third grade I had a teacher who sent an Aloe Vera plant home with me on the bus (endless teasing) so my mom could plant it and rub it on my hands. My Teacher thought that this would stop the wetness. I then was called a “freak with frog hands” and the kids threw rocks at me on the play ground the rest of the school year! I very quickly learned that it did no good to let anyone see or know about my problem. So, I would hide it at any cost. By 14, my underarms would look like a gallon of water was poured on them. Then under stress my face and now the rest of me. I live where it gets to over 100 in the summer, its worse then!! My Mom has always been a little sweaty. My younger sister has wet hands. Now my children have wet hands. I fear for my children. Is HH passed down through family members? I don’t want my kids to have my same problems. I have quite jobs due to this, I don’t go very many places because of it, and if I weren’t married then I don’t know what I would do for money. I can’t handle all of the problems that come with working and trying to stay dry and not smell so others don’t treat me like the kids in school. I have been on the anxiety med Atarax and Buspur (even through pregnancy) and I was just sleepy and still sweaty!! My husband is very kind about it all, but thinks that it’s because I’m over weight. If the girl at my bank asks me if I am okay one more time while I’m standing there dripping, I’ll scream! I am ready to just dig a hole and crawl in it!! I can’t get over being tortured my whole life and admit to anyone what is going on with me, I’m scared! If I don’t do something, anything, what kind of life is this? Not the one I wanted. I want to be “normal”, is that too much to ask?

I found this site and you trying to help people and I have some hope now!! I want to try the Avert. I want an end to this not just treatment to the symptoms. Do I have to go to the Dr. to get it?

Please help,
Animal27,
Texas, US

P.S. You’re helping people and not many can say that about themselves, Good Job!!! Sorry, so long a post.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. :lol:

Hey! I'm sorry to hear about all the stuff you've had to go through :( but remember you are not alone.

Is it mainly your hands and underarms that are the main problem, or is it in many areas? If the sweating is in many areas then Avert is a good thing to try. You can get it from the doctors if you want to but it can be bought online from: www.pharmacy.ca
Just click on the "excessive sweating" tab in the top left hand corner, then click on "Oral Antiperspirant". As you can see you can buy it in a range of strengths, from 0.5mg up to 2.0mg or maybe higher. If you were to get it from your doctors it would be called 'Robinul' instead of Avert.. its basically just a different brand name for the same drug.

Have you tried anything to combat the sweating other than the things you mentioned? (including the aloe vera plant :) )

For underarms i'd recommend a strong antiperspirant like Drysol or certain dri, they're just different brand names for the same thing again.

Good luck

animal27

Thanks Pinker!!

I found the HH info on the same day of my post. I had no idea that my problem was not my fault. I ve been hiding it for so long. My hands were a family joke for a long time. I always thought that it was just me. Knowing otherwise is a great comfort!! My Mom says that I was born with "drippy little hands" my feet too. Then slowly everything else was wet. Its at it's worst when I'm nervous. I'm not even 30 yet, I ve had people say "oh, it's your hormones!" But, when my kids were babies my husband and I could sqeeze out their socks!! I asked my sister today, she has wet hands and feet, if her kids had any problems with sweat. Yes, the hands. Now there's more guilt over passing this on to the next generation. My kids and her kids.
I have tried certain dry, it works for a little while.

Thanks,
animal27

Wow that's really something if you can squeeze their socks out!

With certain dri, once you've applied it you should dry it with a hairdrier - that prevents irritation and means the solution doesn't leak away. Try doing this every night for a week and see what happens.

I think hyperhidrosis is genetic, it really is unfortunate that so many people in your family are suffering with it. You can't predict it really. Maybe it is more prevalent in females though? My dad has/had it but its not as severe as mine when it's untreated, it could be hormone related.

Good luck with the Avert

AliceB

British Documentary

Hello,

I work for a television production company called Raw TV. We’ve been asked by Channel Five (a major terrestrial broadcaster in the UK) to produce a sensitive 1-hour documentary looking into hyperhidrosis and the effect it has on sufferers.

At the moment I am trying to find people to talk to who have the condition. I am also trying to speak to people who have had or are thinking of undergoing surgery. At this stage I am really keen to just talk to as many people as I can, in strictest confidence.

If you would like to find out more or simply offer your opinion, please do add to this thread or e-mail me personally and we can arrange to have a confidential chat over the phone. I’ll be able to learn more about your experience and in turn you can ask me any questions you may have about the documentary

All my details are below and please do look on our website (www.rawtelevision.co.uk) if you would like to find out more about Raw TV.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Kind Regards
Alice Bowden
Raw TV
T: 07876 493 403
E: [email protected]

sad18

Hi everybody!

Pinker, (and everybody else, but espetially you:) )
I have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything you have written!!
You can not imagine the comfort i feel just knowing there are so many things I can try! And that It's not only me!
I live in a very small country, I bet you don't even know exists and all the doctors here have all just raised their shoulders and said thay can't help it. People dont even know HH exists. I felt like a freak, since NOBODY i know has had HH. I think if I hadn't foun this forum I would have gone mad!!
I'm so happy!

I suffer from anxillary, palmar and pedal HH, actually, this last year or so I think I'm sweating a lot more under my knees, the inseide of my thighs...

Now, reading this, my first choise was obadan, and I was just going to order it but I read to the end of this topic and I see other people have tried it, so I tought maybe you could tell me if it worked befor I order?

Hope it did!

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.