Hyperhidrosis Remedies and information

What remedy have you found most successful for hyperhidrosis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bukitimah

Hi all, I have the real test today. Under normal condition, my sweating improve to about 50% but under stress, only slightly. Maybe 20-30%

It is either I continue to treat it to see there are furhter improvement or to consider placing the electrodes into 2 seperate tub of water.

As I will be going away for a week, I will take a break from the treatment and continue with I get back.

Will continue to update and do give me your suggestions if any.

Great website packed full of information !!

Lots of many solutions but after doing lots of research im hoping ive made the right choice with the idromed 4 !

really excited to get going with it now and hopefully fingers crossed no more sweaty hands !!!!

bukitimah

Hi, I took a break when I went away for a week. I didn't sweat because I generally don't sweat when I am in temperate countries and the weather is cooling.

Now that I am back home (Singapore is all year round hot and humid), I am starting to sweat again. (Of course when I said sweat, I am referring to palm sweating). I decide to do away with the sticky pads and put the electrode prode into 2 tray filled with tap water.

The Omron macbine does create tingling electric effect on my palms. With only 3 volts, I am not sure if the current is effective. I have been working on this for the past 5-6 days and will continue for at least 10 days. I heard from other users of iontophoresis machine it usually takes about 10 sessions to achieve effect.

So far, I am still sweat like hell :oops:

glistener

Has anyone here heard of Hidro fugal at all and tried it.
It´s not prescription, but the only thing I´ve found so farwith ammonium chloride in.
Is it worth trying, or should I just go straight to GP for something on prescription?

glistener

Pinker said:
glistener said:
Has anyone here heard of Hidro fugal at all and tried it.
It´s not prescription, but the only thing I´ve found so farwith ammonium chloride in.
Is it worth trying, or should I just go straight to GP for something on prescription?

I just searched for it on google and some German sites came up.. I would give it a try. Is it for your underarms? Does it say what % aluminium chloride it is? If it doesn't work then I would go to your GP.

I´m in Germany, and this is all I´ve found so far that I can buy easily in shops.
For underarms, yes.
Well, I might as well try, if not strong enough, I´ll go to GP.
Any suggestions as to how long I should try for before deciding it works for me or not?
Thanks for replying.

glistener

I´ll let you know how it goes.
I´ve used it a couple of nights and have noticed a great improvement so far.
Do you know of any creams at all containing aluminium chloride that can be used under arms?

Aramid

Hello I am new here. I am an 18 year old Filipino nursing student. I have moderate facial hyperhidrosis and mild hyperhidrosis on my hands and feet. I had took driclor from the dermatologist's prescription and applied it on my pals, feet and especially on my under arm. It works well on the under arms but not enough on my palms and feet.

I cannot apply driclor on my scalp because I have a lot of hair to consider on my head. I stopped applying driclor on the scalp on the 2nd nioght I bought driclor. I currently having a good time on my under arm state because it do not sweat a lot. My face is my main problem.

I would like to use any aluminum chloride solution worthy to use on the scalp.

I obviously voted for the topical anti perspirants.

HH

123 said:
Great website packed full of information !!

Lots of many solutions but after doing lots of research im hoping ive made the right choice with the idromed 4 !

really excited to get going with it now and hopefully fingers crossed no more sweaty hands !!!!

I use the Idromed 4 GS and have been using it since november and find it very good. I did 13 initial treatments everyday on 10mA and now use it once a week. I hope you get results.

phuonganh

Hi, I'm a palmo-plantarHH sufferer from Vietnam. I'm about to buy an Idrostar for iontophoresis. Is this a good machine? I read that the treatment should be carried out on Day 1, 2, 4, 7, 10, 15, 22 of the first month, did anyone try this protocol? How did it work?

By the way, this is a really GREAT thread!

phuonganh

I plan to buy my Idrostar from the transpiration.biz website. I think this is a website of the i2m-labs in France. Does anyone know whether this a trustworthy source? Thanks.

hydroman123

The protocol did NOT work for me. I gave up after the sixth session and started doing treatments every other day with much better results. Still, you should give the protocol a shot- they must have their reasons for recommending it; but dont give up just because the schedule doesnt work.

phuonganh

Thanks for the replies.

I have been browsing other threads, and if I understand correctly, if the day 1, 2, 4... regime doesn't work, I should stop one or two weeks before trying another protocol, e.g. every other day?

I'm still waiting for my machine. Hopefully iontophoresis will work for me though.

beckiboo

phuonganh said:
Thanks for the replies.

I have been browsing other threads, and if I understand correctly, if the day 1, 2, 4... regime doesn't work, I should stop one or two weeks before trying another protocol, e.g. every other day?

I'm still waiting for my machine. Hopefully iontophoresis will work for me though.

Id also like to know if thats a good idea, as I had a month's worth of treatment at the hospital, following strict protocol, it didnt do anything, then the next month I built my Ion. machine and did 1 treatment a day for 7 days and now im almost completely dry apart from the very tips of my fingers..the nurse said I had to wait 2 months untill I could resume treatment at the hospital though which has confused me a bit!?!
its working for now which is the main thing :D

Im so happy I found this site and kudos to you Pinker for this thread (which I have only just had the time to read)...its packed with ideas and I never realised there were so many options! im persuing the iontophoresis for now, you say you use Driclor on the tips of your fingers? would I be able to get that from the pharmacy or do I need pescription? sounds like its just what I need to get those pesky fingers dry! :D

beckiboo

ok thanks, maybe ill keep that up my sleeve for now, the last two days have been amazing using the iontophoresis, the tips of my fingers arent really that bad, im happy with the result so far, ive even managed to go out and not have to worry at all..shook hands with 2 people and even had a 'thumb war' lol, which before would have been impossible! :D

gal

WoW

Pinker - WOW.

I stumbled across this thread last night and have just read almost every post. When I read your first post from over a year ago I thought the discussion would be over by now but it's still going... 15 months :D !

My first reaction after reading about everyone's experiences is that I actually feel so much better - not only because I am not alone (soooo cliched in this thread but obviously true) but because as much as I suffer, it seems my condition is on the mild side.

I only suffer from HH under my arms. I feel wet and uncomfortable every day and I own clothes I can't wear because they won't hide the sweat patches. My problem is DEFINITELY worse when I'm stressed or embarassed or excited or nervous (even just a bit - and I'm guaranteed to feel at least one of these emotions every day).

Every now and then I have a few hours of dryness - I have no idea why but it's usually in the evening when I'm relaxed. It's at these times that I think 'so this is what it must be like to be normal'.

I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone has raised the issue of aluminium products being a problem rather than a solution. I recently read somewhere (sorry i can't remember where) that the aluminium contained in most antiperspirants can actually cause some people to sweat more. As an experiment, I started using aluminium-free deodorant.

So far I'm finding that my sweating has not been eliminated but interestingly I think it has lessened, though only marginally. I was having doubts and thinking I was imagining it so I used my old deodorant for ONE day and things were sooo much worse!

I'd like to try more solutions to my HH but now that I've started on this no-aluminium thing I don't want to go back. I'm hesitant about all the chemicals that have been discussed here and I'm really hoping to find a natural solution. I'm thinking of going to see a homeopath or naturopath and also looking into accupuncture.

What does everyone think?

Thanks!

Bonsai

what a fantastic forum - i am no longer alone :D

I have been suffering with excessive underarm sweating for about 15 years now. I have learnt to hide it quite well, but i suffer through winter and summer. It doesnt seem to be a heat thing. I sweat all year around.

I now wear only black, and have done for 15yrs. Occasionally if im alone with my husband i will wear white, but not infront of anyone else.

I have tried various things over the years, but only 'over the counter' stuff. I have never approached my doctor about it.

I have tried Driclor, but the irritation was immense. I couldnt sleep with it on, and after a few goes i had blisters under my arms.

I then moved onto Odaban. This didnt work at all.

Finally im on PerspireX, and its the best of the 3. I do get irritation, but its not as much. I had never heard of the hair dryer thing !! I use it every other night, and it has helped, but even sat here now typing this i have wet arm pits. I never seem to be dry.

Just lately i also get affected when eating. I start to sweat on my neck, face and back. I dont know why. I thought i had an intollerance to dairy ... but it happens with every meal now, whether there is dairy in the meal or not.

Its nice to be here with fellow sufferers.

steveo1242

hey has anyone tried the "anti-sweat" treatment under the alternative category? it sounds convincing but idk...
also what about those drops??

gal

steveo1242 said:
hey has anyone tried the "anti-sweat" treatment under the alternative category? it sounds convincing but idk...
also what about those drops??

I wouldn't try that stuff if I was you. I read about it on another forum and it seems people have gotten sick from it. Until they put up their 'clinical trial' results I wouldn't trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.