How?

Iseesky

I'm young yet, but I just can't imagine how I'll ever have a boyfriend...I just feel like it's hopeless.

When I was still going to school, the chances of me getting a boyfriend were pretty good. I talked to guys...I didn't let them get close to me, but I talked to them! But, I got a great job offer working in an office, so I'm not going to school anymore. I'm the youngest employee at my new (full-time) job. My male coworkers are at least 15 years older than me (most being more like 20/30 years older than me).

One of my friends has a boyfriend, but he doesn't really have any close guy friends that he could hook me up with...And none of my other friends have guy friends.

That basically leaves me having to fall in love with a beautiful stranger...And, as you would guess, that's unlikely to happen. Striking up a conversation in an elevator or waiting for a bus might work for some people, but definitely not for me! Mostly because of SA, but also because I'm suspicious of people (strangers) that I don't see regularly (like I would someone in a class).

Where did you meet your significant other? At school? Through a friend? A chance encounter at the grocery store? And how did you have the guts to develop a relationship with them?

Last edited:

da_illest101

Maybe you should try online dating or go out more often ( anywhere that has people) you don't really have much options

AGR

Well I might not be the best person to give advice,as I never had a serious girlfriend either,but to me the chances just appear,sometimes I go years without any chance and then sometimes I have a lot of chances,if you think you can do it you could also try online,I had like 4 interests in only a couple weeks(which I couldnt respond to).

Srijita52

I don't have a boyfriend either so I'm definitely not the best to suggest anything but like others have said maybe you can try online dating, I'm not sure if it'll work though but give it a try anyway. You said you're young so don't worry too much about it, I'm sure there'll be many chances ahead.

MikeyC

I met my very first real crush through my friend's girlfriend. After she left my life I thought there'd be nobody.

I met my next crush through a mutual friend I really hate. When she ended up going to the navy I thought there'd be nobody.

I met my ex-girlfriend through my guitarist. Now that we've broken up I initially thought there'd be nobody, but I know that's not true.

There's ALWAYS someone around the corner.

DevC

Patience is key, except sa people need to he more patient. My friend can be with a girl each month, with me its every 5 years it seems.

WeirdyMcGee

Opportunity!
Working with mostly men who are much older; if you put the word out that you are single, these older people could have sons, nephews, friend's sons, younger friends, etc. to set you up with.

You'd have to make it known that you would be willing to date someone around your age, though.
And it would probably be better to go on dates with someone who isn't directly a co-worker anyways.

If that sounds like an idea to you, you could always try.
And if later on down the road you lose steam again, you can always tell people that you're 'already seeing someone' or be honest and say you're 'taking a break from dating for now'.

Feathers

Great ideas McGee! :) Also give online dating a try, yup. (You may need support of a trusted friend or forum to rant over some of the guys you might meet there, some can be pretty okay though! At least you can have some fun talking to them or maybe go hiking together like my friend did etc.)

Lots of single guys out there, of all ages! Just be careful (there are tips online or in books etc)

PS Some older mothers or grandmas can be happy to fix you up with their grandkids too, yup! :) lol

godchild

I'm young yet, but I just can't imagine how I'll ever have a boyfriend...I just feel like it's hopeless.

When I was still going to school, the chances of me getting a boyfriend were pretty good. I talked to guys...I didn't let them get close to me, but I talked to them! But, I got a great job offer working in an office, so I'm not going to school anymore. I'm the youngest employee at my new (full-time) job. My male coworkers are at least 15 years older than me (most being more like 20/30 years older than me).

One of my friends has a boyfriend, but he doesn't really have any close guy friends that he could hook me up with...And none of my other friends have guy friends.

That basically leaves me having to fall in love with a beautiful stranger...And, as you would guess, that's unlikely to happen. Striking up a conversation in an elevator or waiting for a bus might work for some people, but definitely not for me! Mostly because of SA, but also because I'm suspicious of people (strangers) that I don't see regularly (like I would someone in a class).

Where did you meet your significant other? At school? Through a friend? A chance encounter at the grocery store? And how did you have the guts to develop a relationship with them?

I would try online dating or just take a quick glimpse (always be careful of course). What are you looking for in a guy and why? You know its funny its really easy for some people but very hard for others. I wouldn't give up - like you said so yourself, you are young. I mean - once you hit 30+ and still in the same situation I could fret a little but not now :)

Iseesky

Thanks for the answers everyone. :)

Actually, I didn't really think about online dating! To be honest, it scares me to death! I feel like I could probably charm the heck out of someone online, and then have them be disappointed when they meet me and I don't live up to the person they see me as online. ::(:

And I also never thought of dating my coworkers' kids! I know that a few of them have daughters...I'm sure some must have sons...That could be a possibility once I get to know them all better. I don't suppose I'd have the guts to straight out tell them I'm single and looking, though and I don't know whether it would come up in conversation.

And, yeah...it kind of IS like a game! I always protested when my friend tried to pick out various guys for me...Saying that it'll just happen and it shouldn't be forced. But, I'm kind of losing hope and feel like I should put in at least a bit of effort. I do go out. I go to dinner...shopping...to movies...I travel to and from work everyday and am constantly waiting for trains/buses. But, even then I don't say anything to anyone and nobody says anything to me (and I quite like it that way)...