How would you feel if you had to be the lead in a play?

akala

What if you had to play the lead role in a play... and it was a requirement for a course...? Would you drop out of the course (even though it's a requirement for your program?) i don't know what to do... what would you do?

JohnnAY

Sorry, that was a horrible reply.

Umm, I guess I would go through what options I have of stepping down from the role. If that wasn't possible, then I'd probably just suck it up for the sake of finishing school. It's usually not as bad as you imagine it in your head. And when it's all finished, you'll gain a new sense of confidence in yourself.

Public speaking was one of the last courses I took. I delayed it for as long as I could.

Odo

Banned
I used to be into drama when I was younger and before my SA really took off, so I'm not sure. I think if I knew my lines and practiced everything so that I was definitely ready, I wouldn't feel so bad about it.

I've always done better with scripted/prepared presentations than with unstructured conversations.

THeCARS1979

What if you had to play the lead role in a play... and it was a requirement for a course...? Would you drop out of the course (even though it's a requirement for your program?) i don't know what to do... what would you do?

I would run with it, are you required to do this now? If anything try to take deep breaths it controls your breathing ok

Shrimp

I would probably talk to my teacher, I can't even talk in front of a classroom let alone act in front of a bigger crowd.

Zod

I loved writing sketches/plays in highschool and acting in it.

There were nerves, but it felt really good when people laughed. Sadly the nerves got the best of me near the end of highschool, and I messed up my monologue. But it was more a case of bad preperation.

Feathers

I used to love acting too :)

Sure there's trembling before it etc, then it can feel really great too... I'd try to think of how happy and relieved I'd be after it (this worked great for exams and such too).

jaim38

I don't know. If it's required, I will take it, get it over with ASAP. I might get stage fright and start shaking a lot. I would rather be a rock or tree in the scenery than the lead. In elementary school I was in choir and had to sing in front of lots of people. I kept biting my lip and some people in the audience started noticing which made my anxiety worse. In the past I also take courses that I absolutely dread. So I would count down the number of weeks or days that I have left until the course ends. It does help to motivate me to keep coming to class because I know it will eventually end! Just know that nothing lasts forever, even those classes.