how reclusive are you

Richey

sorry to hear that your having trouble getting out of the house scars ...
that happened to me two years ago and it lasted for a year, the reason was because i lived near a busy intersection and i didn't like walking in public on my own while everyone in their cars could watch me walking, it sounds bizarre but thats how i was at the time ...really isolated and very uncomfortable going out in public ..no feriends to see at all and a bit lost in the world ...missing classes because the campus was so far away and not sleeping well ....

seeing a therapist really helps, because they can reassure confidence that it is possible to get back to a little normality ...they may even encourage CBT and go with you to a shopping center where they can help you out ...

for me at the moment i'm falling back into that agrophobic world again because its wintery and cold and i'm not exercising as much and i'm job hunting for a decent job, often i just feel hopeless i think its a normal reaction to how my life is going but i have to keep strong and you can do it as well.

Last edited:

Ignace

I haven't been out of the house except for food since october... never talk to anyone or make eye contact when i do... no phone calls... no visitors... just me and my despair

You buy food for 9 months ?:confused:

jishaku

i did ignore my friend's phone call
cz they wanna bring me out to hang out which is for me is a waste of time
and dun reply to their sms cz they are crazy outgoing type of ppl

i rarely go out cz of fear of public
what if i see my school mates?

Ignace

i did ignore my friend's phone call
cz they wanna bring me out to hang out which is for me is a waste of time
and dun reply to their sms cz they are crazy outgoing type of ppl

i rarely go out cz of fear of public
what if i see my school mates?

Same situation here. I met an old friend and told me it was way too long ago and said he would come and pick me up for having some 'fun' in the vacation. I hope he doesn't !::(:

dottie

i am reclusive but that is mostly because i am inbetween cars, saving for a new one.

i am not housebound by social anxiety beceause i have learned coping mechanisms. if i feel i can blow someone off or discreetly excuse myself then i am ok. it is when i am obligated to stay somewhere that it gets unmanagable. short generic comments to passing strangers is ok. actual dialogue and forming a relationship of some sort is overwhelming.

I only go out really for the store and college classes. If I didn't have to do either of those, I could stay in for long periods of time.