how reclusive are you

SoulSeeker

Banned
VERY reclusive. Though im trying my best to fight it..because i've already done 10yrs. Just recently started going on night dog walks...and i also have cbt therapy coming up soon.

I need to do something about myself..because I cant live alone..without a soulmate. My heart keeps reminding me of this every day..and i cant handle it much longer. ::(:

Oh, that sounds like a mighty appealing idea! I've fantasized about just leaving ever since I was a little boy. :3

I'm fairly reclusive. After I finished high school about 2 years ago I haven't been out much. Once every 3 months or so I go to the movies with my last remaining local friend. The rest of my time I spent in my fire red room just drawing, designing and filling in the day with games.. I'm kind of ashamed of this, though.

I moslty go out cuz of school. but im certainly not saying in the shole summer, i plan to jog etc.. and i'll plan other stuff too..
It deosnt always have to be other ppl, u can go just to go..

Ignace

I only go out for school, nothing else. It's not a problem now because I don't got that many free time. But when I got 2 months vacation in 2 weeks, I think I'll have to come out sometimes for fresh air or I'll die from my own exhailed air.

lyricalliaisons

99% of the time, I only leave the house when forced to. If I didn't have to, I would probably spend months in the house at a time without leaving. The only time I leave the house is to go to the grocery store, or to pick up my medications & go to appointments (therapist, psychiatrist, etc.). I usually try to do as much as possible in one day so I won't have to leave the house again for as long as possible.

iason

I am a LOT reclusive in that meaning. I too can stay whole days whithout seeing people, since when I live alone I'm doing an heremit life. I never talk with anybody, I never put myself in a situation in which I have to interact with people, but even just see people, if not for the strict necessary. Consider this: in the last 6 months, if you except phone conversations with a pair of friends I have at home and with my mother, I can remember just 2 proper conversations. Both accidental, painful, stressing and lasted less than 5-10 minutes anyway.

iason

Staying too much at home makes you depressed

Hmm not really, not in my case at least. I loved to stay long time alone even since I was a boy. I'm quite insular :)
But of course, if you consider the normal pace of a normal life, it becomes stressing to try every time to avoid people and so on. Add to this that we all are bombed with models (by media, primarily) of high-socialization standards, and also add an objective difficulty and feeling awkward when I have to socialize... there's my pain :)

omnighost

I am very reclusive. I try to be more social and get involved with other people but it never seems to work out. About the only time I leave is to go to the store and I usually forget why I am there and just grab a few essentials then get the hell out of there and go back home. I feel like the crazy guy you see in public that everyone pities then talks about when he leaves the premises. I can rarely make eye contact because each time I look at someone it is as if I can hear there thoughts and the looks on their faces says to me what the hell is wrong with this guy.

Ignace

I am very reclusive. I try to be more social and get involved with other people but it never seems to work out. About the only time I leave is to go to the store and I usually forget why I am there and just grab a few essentials then get the hell out of there and go back home. I feel like the crazy guy you see in public that everyone pities then talks about when he leaves the premises. I can rarely make eye contact because each time I look at someone it is as if I can hear there thoughts and the looks on their faces says to me what the hell is wrong with this guy.

You really have to stop thinking like that. Try to relax when you're in the store, get distracted by everything that's available buying.

da_illest101

I'm a lot, I was on vacation for a week and i only went out to buy stuff i need like food and video game stuff. After a couple of days of staying home I got outside just to change air

If I didn't live with my mom, I could go months without seeing another human being. Once a year my worker comes to see me, doctor appointments & therapy appointments are the only reasons I leave my home.

kiwimango

For the last eight months, I mostly just went out of my apartment to buy food at the grocery store and medicine at the pharmacy. I was on sick leave that's why, but I have to go back to work now..::p: But I'm really determined to expose myself more somehow.. slowly and patiently though, one step at a time.

Ritta

I'm extremely reclusive at the moment. I used to be able to go out more, but I think I pushed myself too hard and now I'm afraid of going anywhere by myself, except when it's really necessary, like when I need to buy groceries, go see my Dr. or if I have an appointment with my counselor.

There was a support meeting last night, but I had little sleep the night before and getting there takes me an hour. I truly didn't have the energy to go there. I'll try not to miss the next meeting.

NinjaLikesToast

I don't leave the house very often at all outside of work.. When I do, I have to have a direct plan in order to get done what I need and be right back inside.. I am trying to work on this now since it is summer, would like to get at least a little bit of sun :p

coyote

I feel like I'm hiding all the time - especially when I'm in public. Does that make sense?

I'm really only close to two people. When I'm not around either of them, I feel isolated and alone - even in a group of people, at work, etc.

I don't really like sitting home alone unless I've got something to distract myself with.

So if I go out on errands, it will take hours and hours just putzing around so that I can be out in the world.

(even if i don't feel like I'm part of it)

Scars

I haven't been out of the house except for food since october... never talk to anyone or make eye contact when i do... no phone calls... no visitors... just me and my despair

Scars

that's really awful ::(: but i can relate. things will get better though, and it's important to tell yourself that as much as possible. good luck :)

I hope you're right :)
I really appreciate people who take the time to acknowledge me, even if it's just online. cheers me up a little bit ::eek::