How Often Do Friends Comunicate?

anomicdeer

For the ones with friends

How often do you contact your friends? Do you talk to them everyday? Once a week? Every few weeks? Once a month? I don't mean the people who are busy with school and don't get to see each other. But you all that see your friends and have time to hang out. How often do you make it happn? I'm just wondering because lately I've been trying to make friends and no one even seems to want to talk and there was one person that kind of seemed interested but stopped talking to me and didn't say anything in 3 weeks. Then I decided to say something then we said a few things and they stopped talking to me. When I mentioned that they don't seem interest they replied immediately and said they are busy but then gave me their number. I decided to stop talking to them anyway since they don't seem to like me as much as I thought friends were suppose to like each other and they are planning on moving to another state.

Help pls?

Now I have a feeling that someone lied to me so they didn't have to drive me to work. I don't have a car and I have to work on the weekend every other weekend and I don't think she really likes me because she never talks to me any other time but since I date her brother, we see each other sometimes and she "acts" like she wants to spend time together crafting or going out for girl time or whatever but she never invited me anywhere (after 3 years of knowing her). I even know there is a crafting FB page she is in and I haven't been invited.

I hate when people like to say I'm quiet and want me to talk but they don't even seem interested in the first place.

I bet people are even gonna reply saying that I shouldn't assume what I assume and that I should just try making plans myself. Well, you'd probably think it's pointless to do so if I don't have a car and I'm not special enough to interest someone to spend time with me...

Last edited:
It depends on the friends I guess, some people have regular meetups for social activities - film nights or whatever - some are more random

jaim38

Most of my friends live out of town, out of state, or out of country. I only have 1 friend in town, and we hang out 1-2 times a year. We usually go to the mall, watch a movie, the usual. With my other friends, I either send them a text message saying "happy bday" or "happy thanksgiving" and they respond with the same. Or they send me an FB message and I respond. This happens maybe 3-5 times per year. That's how we "keep in touch."

One thing that I discover is that my friends don't like doing daily convos. The age of 'pen pals' is over. No more sending letters or emails back and forth. My friends prefer in person meetings. They tell me to visit them.

Lamb

I'm a terrible example. Once a month to every couple months. It's dependent on how social I'm feeling. Sometimes for a couple of weeks.

Biev

Same here, it varies. There are friends I manage to see through my regular activities (work, school), others that I see more rarely through special activities (karaoke, going to certain bars or restaurants that we all like enough to label "our spot"), and others that I'll see only when the planets are in perfect alignment. There's no one I call or email regularly without making plans to meet.

If I like a person and want to see them more, I suggest that we make an activity regular (like, let's try to go swimming together on wednesdays, or how about we go back to the pancake place once a month). We don't necessarily end up doing it as much as we planned or hoped to, but we still go every now and then and it's fun.

I wouldn't say the age of pen pals is over, though. I have friends who text each other every day and I plan on doing the same with them once I get a cell phone. And I have forum friends whom I've been communicating with nearly every day for years, so that counts.

Last edited:

Beccaroo

It depends. For me, I recently moved away for school and my friends are in various states. Out of my 3 closest friends, I text 2 of them every day and the other one a few times a week. When I was actually in the same town as them though, we would hang out probably 3-4 times a week. I couldn't spend every day with them... I love them but I'd go insane.

Just take your time with people. If they don't seem interested, who needs them? Don't waste your time on people like that.

Well in my case, every couple of months when they need something. I wish all they wanted was a ride to work!

Flanscho

Depends on the friend. How good we know each other, how much we like each other, and how much time we have.

Like, I know my best friend since a decade. She is a super busy person doing tons of stuff constantly, and I also got a 40 hour job. So we manage to meet in the average twice a week, and contact each other via mail or messages of some sort maybe every two or three days.

I have close friends I see maybe once ever two or three weeks too.

Others I see several times a week.

The frequency doesn't mean how important you are for each other.