How long were you stuck in the house?

DespairSoul

HELLO;)

Im curious, what was the longest time you were stuck in the house without going out? My record is 4 months. Who beat me?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deleted user 1

From October 2006 to mid-July 2007. I can barely believe it myself. I was only out four times in 2007. But 2008, from June onwards I have been out far more as time has gone on. I try to get out every day, even if it's just for a quick walk.

DespairSoul

From October 2006 to mid-July 2007. I can barely believe it myself. I was only out four times in 2007. But 2008, from June onwards I have been out far more as time has gone on. I try to get out every day, even if it's just for a quick walk.

Thank you fot honest answer:) And you start just only so going for this quick walks? This musted be big courage from u that u start go out everyday. Thats great. How quick is this walk and where u go more some empty place or full of people?I mostly research very empty places but people anyway find the way how to come by.:/

D

deleted user 1

I picked a route that goes through a nearby park. It goes through into town, but through quiet streets. I used to go for walks here early in the morning. It was quiet and desolate, it helped me readjust again to being out and about.

EscapeArtist

Nice job Aristocrat :) I can't even begin to imagine how uncomfortable it must have been to begin leaving the house after a year of isolation. You have really improved!

DespairSoul

I picked a route that goes through a nearby park. It goes through into town, but through quiet streets. I used to go for walks here early in the morning. It was quiet and desolate, it helped me readjust again to being out and about.

You are excellent fighter:eek:) I isolate me again but in 3-2 weeks i go only on time out::(: Is teasing me but i cant just do it better. I must keep fighting with that. Do you work? Me not.

D

deleted user 1

You are excellent fighter:eek:) I isolate me again but in 3-2 weeks i go only on time out::(: Is teasing me but i cant just do it better. I must keep fighting with that. Do you work? Me not.

Thanks. Until recently I used to work. That was a massive step up, lol. What I did learn is that experience of being around others was far less scary than the waiting at home worrying about it. Never give up, it's well worth the fight, and it's one you will win, even if it's inch by inch. You have it in you to do it.

DespairSoul

Thanks. Until recently I used to work. That was a massive step up, lol. What I did learn is that experience of being around others was far less scary than the waiting at home worrying about it. Never give up, it's well worth the fight, and it's one you will win, even if it's inch by inch. You have it in you to do it.

I dont know if i have it and if i will win that:confused:
My head work like computer and i only put by negative information like
on hardisk in computer. You have other activities accept work? Or you just
come home already after work everyday and round roun like stereotyp.::eek::

planemo

From early 2007 - mid 2008, i never wanted to leave home at all, but in that period I did go out a few times a week because I had to. Only after going to a psych and in time did I want to leave home. Nowadays I'm still pretty solitary and at home a lot, but if I have to go out, I will, and I'm not bothered by it. I've been to the mall on a more than one occasion and actually enjoyed my time there. :eek: I drive fairly frequently and it does feel "safer" as opposed to being "exposed" while walking in public, but the walking in public part is nowhere near as scary as it used to be.:)

DespairSoul

From early 2007 - mid 2008, i never wanted to leave home at all, but in that period I did go out a few times a week because I had to. Only after going to a psych and in time did I want to leave home. Nowadays I'm still pretty solitary and at home a lot, but if I have to go out, I will, and I'm not bothered by it. I've been to the mall on a more than one occasion and actually enjoyed my time there. :eek: I drive fairly frequently and it does feel "safer" as opposed to being "exposed" while walking in public, but the walking in public part is nowhere near as scary as it used to be.:)

Hello;)

Thank you for sharing. Thats great succes that you are not bothered go out thas mean a lot is huge success u can be proud of your self! And enjoying mall wow sound to me like you music from paradise. If i could do it i will feel like superhero admit that u little do now:)? For me sound this like nightmare im not so far like you who knows if i ever will be. Im glad that some can this nightmare change for joy.Congratulations for your steps.

Kristina223

2 months (summer vacations). If I wouldn't have to go to school, I would stay in the house .. probably forever.

DespairSoul

2 months (summer vacations). If I wouldn't have to go to school, I would stay in the house .. probably forever.

Kristina223 :eek:Xxx thank u for joing my thread and sharing. Yes me either.
I dont go school anymore.But i should work and i dont i cant imagine my live
how i live him now stocked in house and i cant also imagine living out my castle what i build me trought years and i cant imagine that i will meet public every day:/

planemo

Hello;)

Thank you for sharing. Thats great succes that you are not bothered go out thas mean a lot is huge success u can be proud of your self! And enjoying mall wow sound to me like you music from paradise. If i could do it i will feel like superhero admit that u little do now:)? For me sound this like nightmare im not so far like you who knows if i ever will be. Im glad that some can this nightmare change for joy.Congratulations for your steps.

Thank you very much. Yes things can get better, sometimes it just takes a bit of time, I hope things greatly improve for you too.

DespairSoul

Thank you very much. Yes things can get better, sometimes it just takes a bit of time, I hope things greatly improve for you too.

I see and im glad that someone can be again happy. By me take it ages i analyze to much everything and my head is like big ballon full of no sense
wich i upload everyday:confused:. Thank you anyway for nice words is mean a lot to of everyone.

MollyBeGood

HELLO;)

Im curious how long do you was the most long home with out going out? My record is 4 months. Who beat me?

Why do the best people keep themselves hidden from society? This is not good...Please find your way outside, please try to meet people. If I met you, Miss Despair I would feel like I had met the sweetest person- I would feel lucky.
You should all know that keepin hidden is bad for you and you have obviously so much to offer it's a shame. But not to seem too preachy LoL I go for weeks sometimes without needing/wanting any human contact outside so I know how this is unfortunately.

4 months would have been the longest record for me.
I try to get out of the house few times a week, still not much.
In the mid weeks, I just don't know where to go.
(Or rarely I see a friend in the mid weeks, my best friend who lives in the same town, Or I go shopping on Thursday. Or I go visit my grandmother)
I have no school, no job, no day routine, this is the reason why i'm depressed.
But I did found consulents to help me out of this.
This happens cuz of my anxiety, I tend to avoid every social situation.
I'd love to have a social life, with lots of activities.
But I have been stocked in the house for too many years now.
(Not liturally everyday, But still, it feels like I'm locked... But I do take steps alot more and more, but I need to change my social anxiety habit.)
good Topic, btw.

StupidWiz

I still go to college, but in mid year break (about 1 and half months) I rarely go out of the house. Sometimes I go to mini market to buy snacks, ice cream and chocolate. ::p:

The longest time when I didn't go out at all I think maybe for a week, or 2 weeks. And yes it felt depressing when I did that. ::(:

DespairSoul

I still go to college, but in mid year break (about 1 and half months) I rarely go out of the house. Sometimes I go to mini market to buy snacks, ice cream and chocolate. ::p:

The longest time when I didn't go out at all I think maybe for a week, or 2 weeks. And yes it felt depressing when I did that. ::(:

Yes college keep u busy and thats is great u can keep going there. I wish i could be that strong before i mess my live being isolated. Mini market well i dont go also,only if is really neccesary and i dont have other choice. And u buy yumi stuff indeed but even that dont change my mind to go there. Hunger only if is too awkward and really i must go,but usually someone else do that for me.

14 days thats i can do it with out being so depressed specialy in winter not because anyway a lot of people is home and i dont feel so bad because i feel im not alone who is home. Summer this too awkward be home and i feel high depressed.

shybutsexy

When you say "going out" you mean leaving the house at all?
How can you spend 4 months inside your house, dont you need to buy food, or you got someone buying it for you?

DespairSoul

4 months would have been the longest record for me.
I try to get out of the house few times a week, still not much.
In the mid weeks, I just don't know where to go.
(Or rarely I see a friend in the mid weeks, my best friend who lives in the same town, Or I go shopping on Thursday. Or I go visit my grandmother)
I have no school, no job, no day routine, this is the reason why i'm depressed.
But I did found consulents to help me out of this.
This happens cuz of my anxiety, I tend to avoid every social situation.
I'd love to have a social life, with lots of activities.
But I have been stocked in the house for too many years now.
(Not liturally everyday, But still, it feels like I'm locked... But I do take steps alot more and more, but I need to change my social anxiety habit.)
good Topic, btw.

Awww flowerly i relate. I feel trapped,locked, like animal in a cage and i cant go just out. I go out only if is important and im preset to do that. Outside im high depressed and anxious. I dont know to where to go,wich way to choice that walk there the most less people,i feel disorientation i know where im but like i freeze up on one place or my legs dont want walk and i overthinking to much every my step. Now i little go for walks but only evenings mostly,per day very rare i was at summer going a lot i must say but was still very depressive but i was going. I have trouble go only with trash out,if i meet someone on floor then i get frightened and person around me notice something isnt alright and this one of many reasons why i dont go out. I dislike if im noticed and people think im some of weird creature make me totaly depressed and i cant escape of my negative thoughts.

btw.THANK YOU