how long to wait if someone youre meeting is late

jaypee06

so today i got stood up by a close friend :( and i was wondering how long do other people wait when someone they're meeting with is running late or stands them up just in case they do show up?

today i waited for about 1 hour 45 mins and ended up paying $54 for parking in the city, only to get a text message later saying "omg i lost track of time, on the bus going home now so sorry"

agoraphobickatie

:( i definitely wouldn't wait 54 dollars worth! that's a lot!! i would wait maybe 10 minutes before i texted or called them to see what was going on.. and if they didn't answer or ignored me, i'd just leave or go somewhere nearby to kill time until i heard from them... you're very generous to wait an hour and 45 minutes..

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
30 mins is way enough in my opinion except if you leaving could have important consequences for you or others

Iseesky

Oh gosh! That's one of my pet peeves...When I make plans with people I consider it a huge deal. I worry about it for days in advance (even just a simple shopping trip) and get so frustrated when they leave me waiting and wondering the day of. I'd contact them first, but leave after 20 minutes if they left me hanging.

Sorry you waited so long. :( That really sucks. Hopefully they have a good explanation and it doesn't happen again!

nightcrawler

I would have waited around 15-20 mins, then either texted or called them. If they didn't reply within the next 30 mins or so I would have been off. If they don't even have the courtesy to let you know their running late or - as in your case, not even coming! - then I would have just been mad! :mad: :rolleyes:

Bustn Justin

If I had to wait 10 min I would send a text to my buddy where he/she is.

I had a buddy who would want em to hang out with him and before we meet up he texts me and says he can't make it. Don't get me wrong things do happen, but got tired of it because he always made excuses like he is tired, sick, or something came up. Got to the point where if he made plans and I get invited to do something else I just opt to go with the second plan since there is a 99% chance he bail.

nikkixo

wow i'm sorry =/ 54$?!? I would be really mad. I wait like 10 minutes before getting angry and leaving, I have a bad temper

alwaysrunning

There's this girl that recently befriended me, she's usually the one who asks me to eat or study....but shes always sooooo late at alll our meetings. About 20-30 mins of waiting i text her, she gets back 15 min later....also "omg i forgot be there in 20 mins"....she gets there in 30 =/ shes really cool and apologizes profusely but i mean cmon...yeah i think we both have tooo much patience even though if money was involved i would def rethink it...