How important is sex to you?

Infected_Malignity

Argamemnon said:
Interesting replies, so I might not have missed out on something amazing after all. It's all about loving yourself and having confidence, which brings true happiness. Unfortunately, I don't have those.. so having sex wouldn't do anything for me.

nah, you're taking it all too serious my man! true happiness (imo) comes from kicking back and just plain-old livin'. wouldn't mind getting laid either! :)

Leki

I wouldn't know having never experienced it. I guess its not that important then in my life. I go through stages where i really want it and then other times i go for ages not even thinking about it. I anticipate being majorly disappointed if it ever does happen. Imagination is better than reality?

Argamemnon

Leki said:
I wouldn't know having never experienced it. I guess its not that important then in my life. I go through stages where i really want it and then other times i go for ages not even thinking about it. I anticipate being majorly disappointed if it ever does happen. Imagination is better than reality?
Are you a guy or a girl?

alex29

i crave the physical closeness, i want to feel wanted, to feel like someone really truely wants to be with me. Im still a virgin too but i cant wait for the day until im in a long term, serious relationship with someone im crazy about. i dont think i could ever have a one night stand

Leki

Argamemnon said:
Leki said:
Are you a guy or a girl?

A girl. Why?

alex29

Leki said:

i do this too.

Hado

Ok, well this is my first time on these forums.
I'm a 21 year old guy that suffers from social anxiety paranoia I guess.
Which is a bit of a downer for me, but not in the least bit surprising considered how scared I get in public situations sometimes.

But despite this I have had some short winded relationships in the past, and the feeling of intamacy, whether it be just a friendly intamacy or a sexual intamacy is perhaps the greatest thing in the entire world. The problem I always had was lack of self worth, so while i may have had something great going I'd terminate the relationship because i felt bad for myself, or unworthy, or undeserving.

But i've always been happiest when i've been with someone like that. Hopefully some day I'll find an awesome babe who will be cool with me not being a perfect guy. In the mean time i'm gonna try my hardest to be awesome for myself and love myself, till someone is up for loving me.

Argamemnon

Leki said:
A girl. Why?
You said you anticipate being majorly disappointed if it ever does happen. It seems to me that it's usually guys who expect too much from sex. That's why I thought that you might be a girl.

lexie66

haha. how important is sex to me!? sometimes pretty darn important, others dormant. i'm bipolar and have also suffered from hypersexuality, this happened when i was like 16, sex was a major part of my life, when i was in my manic phase, sex to me then was just a need a longing to be with someone else, the closeness and the wanitng, it was a good thing, but now i'm kind of more open eyed about the whole situation i regret being the way i was, but i couldn't really help it, it was just he way my mind and body made me feel, i wish i could turn back time and make sex be this whole emotional and love thing it's supposed to be, but i can't and to me sex now is just a thing that two people do when they feel a certain way about each other.

Shattered

Whoa now, pretty freakin' important. I am a bit of a nympho. Not to be stereotyping either but I've found in years of study that people who've been sexually abused, *most (not all) usually do end up on one end of the spectrum or the other, won't have it or simply can't stop. A day doesn't seem satisfied or fulfilled if i don't get some from my boyfriend. isn't that horrible? as addictive as cigarettes and vodka. damn me, i'm hopeless.

Carol

Reholla said:
I put it as a high priority to remain a virgin till im married. I am a strong Christian and want to follow God's intent for the special gift he created for a man and wife to enjoy when they are in a COMMITED relationship.

Good for you!

My husband and I were both virgins when we got married, and we've never regretted it. At the beginning I didn't like sex very much. It was awkward and uncomfortable, and emotionally I didn't quite know how to trust my husband enough that I could relax. But as time went by, we got more comfortable with each other, I was able to quit feeling self-conscious and learn to trust him, and then it got better and better. Now I often I want it as much as he does.

Quite honestly, I don't know how people (or at least, women) can enjoy one-night stands. I certainly never could have. It took me such a long time to be able to relax to the point that I could have any fun! Sex is much more satisfying when it's done God's way. :)

CK23

Not important as much as it used to be... my parents got me engaged to a girl whose very low on confidence and now i have to see her move in... i wanted to be laid by a out going, confident lady who could take charge and make me comfortable and now i've lost that too...

proudmummy

I've been having regular sex since i was 15 & yeah its something I enjoy, who doesnt? but its overrated from saddos who want to make themselves look great & the media makes it out to be one of the biggest things about life, which is really really pathetic. The best sex is in a relationship with trust, one-night-stands have made me feel dirty in the past and are really pointless. I'm 21 now.

Wow, I don't see how people here who aren't comfortable talking to strangers managed to be comfortable enough to be in an intimate relationship. Can someone tell me how that works?

Argamemnon

proudmummy said:
I've been having regular sex since i was 15 & yeah its something I enjoy, who doesnt?
I don't know how it feels, so I don't know whether I'd like it or not. Probably not.

Argamemnon

Day_Tripper said:
Wow, I don't see how people here who aren't comfortable talking to strangers managed to be comfortable enough to be in an intimate relationship. Can someone tell me how that works?
I agree - apparently, they don't have it as nearly as bad as some of us! I simply can't imagine myself in a relationship or having sex, and actually ENJOY the experience. I would rather freak out. Like you said, I can't even talk to people, how am I going to have sex with them? :D

Argamemnon said:
Day_Tripper said:
I agree - apparently, they don't have it as nearly as bad as some of us! I simply can't imagine myself in a relationship or having sex, and actually ENJOY the experience. I would rather freak out. Like you said, I can't even talk to people, how am I going to have sex with them? :D

agreed, I could never be close to someone like that. NEVER