How I genuinly believe everyone can cure their anxiety.

Phoenixx

Great post, bigchris :) I always watch what I eat and always try to get enough sleep, and it does help a bit with anxiety. Although, even following a healthy diet and getting a healthy amount of sleep, I still have anxiety troubles. Which makes me think, now that I read your post, that it is partly due to the metals in my body. Because I have quite the list of food allergies, I see a naturopath every couple months or so. Well the last two times I've seen him, my metal count in my body has been quite high. Even following his recommended detox and taking the natural supplements he recommended, it seems that I still can't get my metal count down. So, that brings me to my question: What do you do to remove metals from your body??

bigchris

Phoenixx - Using supplements such as iodine (massively misunderstood and vital for the body) and supplements such as humifulvate and modified citrus pectin. Initially you well feel terrible due to the metals been removed from organs they have buried themselves in for a long time, however as they say no pain no gain and after a few weeks you will start feeling dramatically better. If you want to know where to buy them, drop me a PM.

There are companion nutrients that should be taken with iodine to ensure the body can use it well and doesnt deplete other minerals, these include selenium, magnesium and vitamin c.

bigchris

freestylemonster - I personally don't ever eat nuts and wouldn't recommend them. If you want salt, just drink salt water.

"It may benefit you to add salt to your diet, especially upon rising and at least a half-hour before you have the lowest energy of the day. Take 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoonful of sea salt, Celtic salt or sea salt w/kelp powder, in an 8 oz glass of water.

Below is a great article explaining the need for salt in adrenal fatigue. Don't let the title throw you off as you will see the connection to CFS as well.

When the adrenal glands are fatigued they do not produce enough aldosterone. Aldosterone regulates the amount of sodium and potassium in the body. When aldosterone becomes deficient not enough salt is retained in the body. If you have been craving salt, this is probably the reason. There is a discussion about aldosterone at the Web page below. You'll have to scroll down to find it -- or read the whole article as there is a lot of good information here. I don't like some of his diet recommendations as he wants to restrict eating red meats, etc."

Taken from this website Natural Cures Remedies | Adrenal Fatigue

Salt water also helps with bromide detoxes, which are the main reason people initially feel awful on iodine.

Adrenal fatigue is linked to many things, such as anxiety, fatigue and excess sweating, I believe if every person on this forum tried addressing these problems, a hell of a lot would see some sort of improvement.

Last edited:

systemanic

...that it is partly due to the metals in my body. Because I have quite the list of food allergies, I see a naturopath every couple months or so. Well the last two times I've seen him, my metal count in my body has been quite high. Even following his recommended detox and taking the natural supplements he recommended, it seems that I still can't get my metal count down. So, that brings me to my question: What do you do to remove metals from your body??
Have you got any mercury fillings?

Since I got rid of all my fillings & holes (or teeth, to be accurate - I now have dentures), I feel so much healthier. Most of my food allergies went away, as well as my "toxidy overload" symptoms I had continually. Also I don't react near as bad to chemicals & toxins that I do come accross from time to time.

Also, I have over time, removed practically every single source of organic/inorganic toxins from my living environment. I don't use hardly any toxic chemicals in cleaners, soaps, deoderant,.. - I converted over to all-natural products. And as I try my best to not have any mold or dampness in my home, or any rotten/moldy food. There are still a few toxins in my house (dust mites,..) but they are the less-toxic ones, all the most-toxic toxins I have eliminated from my house.

Last edited:

bigchris

Yeah that's exactly what I am talking about systemanic. Mercury fillings are extremely damaging and it should be a crime to give people them. They pollute the body with metals and mecury and create so many problems. I have also removed harmful chemicals in every day items (deodorants, shampoos, toothpastes)

Phoenixx

Thanks bigchris :) I just found a natural supplement online that should help with the metal detox.

Since I got rid of all my fillings & holes (or teeth, to be accurate - I now have dentures), I feel so much healthier. Most of my food allergies went away, as well as my "toxidy overload" symptoms I had continually. Also I don't react near as bad to chemicals & toxins that I do come accross from time to time.

Also, I have over time, removed practically every single source of organic/inorganic toxins from my living environment. I don't use hardly any toxic chemicals in cleaners, soaps, deoderant,.. - I converted over to all-natural products. And as I try my best to not have any mold or dampness in my home, or any rotten/moldy food. There are still a few toxins in my house (dust mites,..) but they are the less-toxic ones, all the most-toxic toxins I have eliminated from my house.
^ I don't have any fillings in my mouth anymore, I got those removed too. I've been having my mom switch to buying natural cleaners now. They're so much nicer to use and don't have a harsh smell at all.

As far as mold goes, unfortunately my house does have it, along with dampness. It's a pretty old house, and it does need a few repairs, but those won't start until spring/summer. When it comes to mold in my diet, I try to stay away from from foods that contain high amounts of mold. Plus, I'm allergic to half the things that contribute to mold, so I guess that's not so bad. ::p:

Waybuloo

Food, sleep and exercise seem to have no effect on my anxiety-wise. I do notice feeling sluggish and boaty when my diet is poor, and my mood and spirits pick up when I get some good shut eye. I do most of what is recommended already, good sleep, good diet, and lots of housework and errands to keep me active. I must say that it's so easy to enjoy your food without resorting to junk all the time. I cook Chinese food that is very wholesome, but wtih lots of herbs and spices. We also have dishes like Arabiata with prawns, gourmet pizzas, hotpots and stews from scratch. Oh my I'm looking forward to dinner every single day I tell ya! I don't deny myself treats, ice-cream is my poison at the moment, but i'm really trying to fatten up as my bum hurts when I sit down, that's how skinny I am.

I don't smoke, don't do drugs including prescription ones, I booze about once a week, and the only think I put on my body is body shop soap and gold necklaces. Nail polish gave me weak nails for ages, and I think i'm only gonna use them on my toes in summer from now on.

Waybuloo

Gosh i'm all for healthy living, but that's just too much effort, I won't be able to have any energy to live if I restrict my life like that. I'm not convinced that all natural products are the answer. I have sensitive skin and natural ingredients aren't necessarily gentle. Unfortunately I can't espace mold as I live in a rainy part of England. I need anti-bacterial cleaning products as there's a baby around. I eat organic food whenever I can and would like to hink that's doing me good, but i'm really doing it for the taste/texture rather than health benefits (which are a bonus)

bigchris

Waybuloo - Pizzas and hot pots are nowhere to be seen in a healthy diet.

Have you/do you have any fillings in your mouth? Have you had any jabs?

aidan

That's why I eat mixed nuts instead of chips when I want something salty
nuts are high in carbohydrates, so if your going to eat nuts, you should exercise to burn off the excess carbs in your system. :)

Thanks to the OP. nice i will have to try this, recently i bought an exercise bike and it feels great to work out and take a shower afterward's you feel rejuvenated and good. so i believe every word you have posted, my problem is with food tho, we ALL comfort eat at some stage

bigchris

Almost forgot, cold showers is something definitely worth considering, it's free after all! Many people have reported much improved anxiety after taking them. Have a read at all these testimonials:

Cold Shower Cures

bigchris

nuts are high in carbohydrates, so if your going to eat nuts, you should exercise to burn off the excess carbs in your system. :)

Thanks to the OP. nice i will have to try this, recently i bought an exercise bike and it feels great to work out and take a shower afterward's you feel rejuvenated and good. so i believe every word you have posted, my problem is with food tho, we ALL comfort eat at some stage

Yeah we all slip up and have a cheat day every so often, you should try limit it to once a week, or once a fortnight, poor diets really do slow down progress.

Whenever you feel hungry, drink a large glass of water, wait 10-15 minutes and if you are hungry, eat. Apparently thirst can be misinterpreted as feeling hungry.

freestylemonster - I personally don't ever eat nuts and wouldn't recommend them. If you want salt, just drink salt water.

"It may benefit you to add salt to your diet, especially upon rising and at least a half-hour before you have the lowest energy of the day. Take 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoonful of sea salt, Celtic salt or sea salt w/kelp powder, in an 8 oz glass of water.

Below is a great article explaining the need for salt in adrenal fatigue. Don't let the title throw you off as you will see the connection to CFS as well.

When the adrenal glands are fatigued they do not produce enough aldosterone. Aldosterone regulates the amount of sodium and potassium in the body. When aldosterone becomes deficient not enough salt is retained in the body. If you have been craving salt, this is probably the reason. There is a discussion about aldosterone at the Web page below. You'll have to scroll down to find it -- or read the whole article as there is a lot of good information here. I don't like some of his diet recommendations as he wants to restrict eating red meats, etc."

Taken from this website Natural Cures Remedies | Adrenal Fatigue

Salt water also helps with bromide detoxes, which are the main reason people initially feel awful on iodine.

Adrenal fatigue is linked to many things, such as anxiety, fatigue and excess sweating, I believe if every person on this forum tried addressing these problems, a hell of a lot would see some sort of improvement.

Thanks for the awesome advice! Since I don't eat a lot, I need a way to get natural fats and protein. That's why I eat nuts because they're high in both :)

Whenever you feel hungry, drink a large glass of water, wait 10-15 minutes and if you are hungry, eat. Apparently thirst can be misinterpreted as feeling hungry.

Actually all that happens is you "Trick" your stomach into thinking it's full. Really it's just full of water.

bigchris

Actually all that happens is you "Trick" your stomach into thinking it's full. Really it's just full of water.

As far as I'm aware, I'm actually right.

75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
37% of North Americans have suppressed their thirst mechanism to the point that it is often misinterpreted for hunger.
Even mild dehydration can slow down one's metabolic rate by as much as 3%.

EscapeArtist

Yeaaaaaaaaah! Amazing post! I also take cold showers :D
There are lots of metals in unfiltered tap water as well.. Be wary of that.
Diet is HUGE. I can literally 'change' who I am without doing anything else given 1 month on a clean diet
I'm happy to see somebody going down a helpful path :) Thanks for sharing

Oh, and I honestly agree that anybody can dramatically reduce their anxiety to a healthy level this way.

Last edited: