How do you talk to girls?

Dodger

It seems like every guy can do it but me I am too shy to talk to girls but I know I need to I want to feel loved more than anything and I want someone to like me but I am to shy to show interest to a girl or talk to her in the fear I will be rejected.

Rise Against

same with me... just start slow, and ask simple questions until you become more comfortable. After a while they will become comfortable with you and they will do all the talking, lol. Just keep your anxiety under control and be confident. you can do it.

Sloth

If I'm not interested in her then I'm fine. As with talking to anyone I just get a little anxious and I'm a hopeless conversationalist.

When I used to be interested in a girl, I would avoid talking to them, because if I did, I was an absolute mess.
These days, I instantly tell myself that she won't be interested, she has a boyfriend, or she's out of my league, and there's no point in pursuing her, to avoid rejection. So I've just learned eliminate the feelings and treat her as any other person.

Of course, this means I'll never show interest in a girl. Though at least I can actually talk to her comfortably, meaning she is able to show interest - providing hell freezes over.

For the record, I have had no history with girls at all, because of lack of self confidence and because I know I am a hopeless depressed loser. Like you, I long to be loved, but to avoid disappointment, I'm in the mindset that I'll be alone forever.

Satine

Well, look at it this way: they're human beings so like interaction just as much as any guy does. If you never approach one at all, you'll never have a girl and worse, you'll keep imagining rejections that are worse than the real thing.

If you do approach a few, however, you might get a few rejections, but they won't be as bad as you imagined. Plus, some may well not reject at all. I think with situations like this it's worth looking at them realistically.

SickJoke

How do you talk to girls?

It's tricky. You need to use your larynx to produce sounds, and then coordinate your pharynx, lips, tongue, and mouth, (all at once mind you - this is complicated stuff) in order to form words out of those sounds. It takes a lot of concentration.

It seems like every guy can do it but me I am too shy to talk to girls but I know I need to I want to feel loved more than anything and I want someone to like me but I am to shy to show interest to a girl or talk to her in the fear I will be rejected.

Joking aside, so what if you get rejected? There are 3.4 billion females on this planet. Do you think that after one rejection, or even 1,000 rejections, your chances are over? So it sucks getting rejected: it hurts for a while. Either you go through the pain of rejection or you never get a girl, simple as that.

See the first link in my sig for help.

Satine

...and we're not that important, you know. We eat, sleep and poo like everybody else. We like to pretend we don't, but mark my words: we do really.

SickJoke

...and we're not that important, you know. We eat, sleep and poo like everybody else. We like to pretend we don't, but mark my words: we do really.

What:confused: EWWW no they don't! I know everyone's tryin to help the guy, but there's no need to lie about something like that. Well I guess if it helps your confidence, a little white lie won't hurt.