How Do You Spend Your Days Off?

theoutsider

Or if you're not working, how do you spend each day? Are you on the computer most of the time? Do you go out and shop? Or do you do something else. I try to keep a balance but I admit I spend too much of my down time alternately watching TV, reading or on the computer. I have to break out of this bad habit. Maybe I'll make it my New Year's resolution for 2014.

Froggy246

Yes I am a bit heavy on the r&r as well. I mostly stay in and watch movies or documentaries, go on the computer, listen and search for new music, perhaps a bit of reading.
I leave the flat briefly every couple of days to top up on essentials, and usually every three days I get cabin fever so I'll try and do something like get the bus into the city centre to look around the shops, or go and see a matinee. I normally feel much more refreshed after doing this if I can muster up the motivation.
I often research cool stuff I could do, for instance I found some african drumming classes round the corner from where I live and went to the trouble of contacting the teacher and arranging to attend, but somehow the lazy and fearful part of me managed to weedle it's way out of it.
I do plan to join the gym in the new year so I hope to make more trips out, even it's just to use the sauna.

Last edited:
I laze around, bored. Watch movies and play on the computer or xbox. I also find myself online "window" shopping... Though if I'm having a good day I like to go to real shops or go for a walk.

My current distraction is Borderlands on Xbox360.

Intrama

I sit on my bed and mess around with my laptop, mostly. Normally with a pack of cigs, bag of weed, and a couple beers beside me.

Rinse, repeat. :kickingmyself:

megalon

I laze around, bored. Watch movies and play on the computer or xbox. I also find myself online "window" shopping... Though if I'm having a good day I like to go to real shops or go for a walk.

My current distraction is Borderlands on Xbox360.

It's about the same for me. Movies on netflix, gaming, looking on ebay for motorcycle parts. Sometimes I'll go to the movie theater early before it gets crowded.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I LOVE Borderlands:inlove:. Are you talking about BL1 or BL2? I have around 250 hrs in BL1 and coming up on 400 hrs in BL2.

THeCARS1979

Well if its raining I dont want to go anywhere. If its nice, I go to the supermarket, mall, Cvs, Starbucks, Waldbaums. Sometimes Id go to dads or familys house. I may take a day off to go to Coyote Ugly in Manhattan. I may go to Bryant Street 42nd street library. I may go to the movies rarely. Sometimes I fly out to Las Vegas, Palm beach where Id have have family. Other trips i want to take this year are to Lax or Long beach to get around. Although my social anxiety maybe minimal i have problems talking to women.

Dogs_of_war

Sad to say but I spent the last 5 days indoors and I don't go back to work till the 3rd so ill be indoors till then but even though I don't like going out ill be glad to get back into a routine and I am so board and lonely ill be happy to deal with my customers

migthymask

I'm front my computer, watching youtube, listening music, chatting, reading or studying my english lessons.

theoutsider

Well if its raining I dont want to go anywhere. If its nice, I go to the supermarket, mall, Cvs, Starbucks, Waldbaums. Sometimes Id go to dads or familys house. I may take a day off to go to Coyote Ugly in Manhattan. I may go to Bryant Street 42nd street library. I may go to the movies rarely. Sometimes I fly out to Las Vegas, Palm beach where Id have have family. Other trips i want to take this year are to Lax or Long beach to get around. Although my social anxiety maybe minimal i have problems talking to women.

You seem to be doing it right. Keep it up! :thumbup: