How do you guys cope with heartache/fear of breakup?

Hero

Hey guys. I'm feeling melodramatic and weak right now. There is no smilie to reflect my feeling!

Everytime I fall for a girl, this happens. The current lady, I have no idea where I stand with her... what we have is purely physical but I can't bring myself to ask her out... and I don't want to lose her if she says no. But I can't bear the thought of her with someone else.
And now my heartache melodrama has started, and the symptoms are always the same, this is the third girl who has caused me to have:
- A sense of panic
- Poor concentration, tiredness. Can't think of anything else but her
- Numbness around the heart
- Clinginess to everyone I know... I talk to my parents who I don't get on with, I'm desperate to keep conversation with everyone... I must not be alone!
- A constant perception of time... calculating how many hours since a certain events has happened
- No appetite. Like this is when the alarm bells really start- I love food
- Thinking about my lack of childhood, my eternal loneliness
- Checking her facebook. Looking at phone in case there is a message.

All in all, I feel like a complete loser. But I can't make this stop! It's driving me crazy! Anyone know how I can deal?

Section_31

I used to be like this.

In my case going on anti depressants actually brought my emotions to a less intense, overpowering level. And made it MUCH easier to cope being alone or the thoughts of. I still have occasional bouts of what you describe but nowhere near as bad, and i can usually step back and tell myself to chill, what will be will be.

Are you on anything at all?. Is this an option for you?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
The thought of losing the ones I care about scares me like hell.

I tend to ask for reassurance a lot, and then I fear that it's going to annoy them and they will leave me. Insecurity is a huge b*tch to me, especially after some recent major events I'm not going to talk about.

I don't really know how to cope with that. Maybe if I had a life, I would cope better, but being dependent on everyone makes living very difficult.

Onimaru

The thought of losing the ones I care about scares me like hell.

I tend to ask for reassurance a lot, and then I fear that it's going to annoy them and they will leave me. Insecurity is a huge b*tch to me, especially after some recent major events I'm not going to talk about.

I don't really know how to cope with that. Maybe if I had a life, I would cope better, but being dependent on everyone makes living very difficult.

^I'm the EXACT same, man :/ it's tough..

Wish i could actually contribute to the topic or help out but I'm just no good at handling that sort of stuff. My relationships never last to long because i start feeling insecure/inferior and i just end it before i get too attached...i have a hard time trusting people and try not to get too familiar (past experiences...ugh)

Diend

Just ask her out through facebook. It is the surekill way to end this misery. I waited 2 years before I confessed my infatuation to my crush and now things have gotten a lot better. I feel like I've let down a heavy load regardless if it is creepy to her.