How are you guys on 1on1 converstaion?

Yeah, I'm definitely this way. I don't have a lot of experience talking to people face to face, but in online conversations, I always feel like it's my responsibility to keep the conversation going. If the conversation starts to go stale, I panic or become upset with myself.

Krista

I am horrible because I talk so much I interrupt everyone, nobody can get in a word. I am like this in all social settings with lots of people as well. I have tried to get better at it but its a hard habit to break.

Is it a nervous rush of words?

Noca

Banned
I ONLY hang out with friends in a 1on1 setting. I never speak to groups of ppl nor hang out in groups of ppl. Whenever I'm in a group, I'll ALWAYS get ignored. If I'm the only other person that my friend has to talk to then they can't really ignore me lol.

I am absolutely dreadful with one-on-one conversations with people who I don't know very well. However, if it's with family or friends I am comfortable around, then I am fine.

I find myself much more at ease in groups, because the conversation is always flowing, and I can just interject when I feel comfortable or if I have something of value to say. Also, since everyone is more focused on the socializing, they don't really notice if I'm quiet and just staring at the floor instead of joining in.

If I'm only with one other person, my mind just goes blank because I feel too much pressure to keep the conversation going. I either just give generic one word responses, or I say some truly random things that can only leave the other person thinking that I am utterly insane.

lunarla

No, I'm actually better at one on one conversations. When it's in a big group, I feel like everyone's competing to be heard, and I don't like that. I'm not good at just jumping in. For instance today with this University workshop that I went to with some other people, there was a few of us that traveled in a group, and one guy there that I didn't know that much and wouldn't dare just talk to him when we were all in a group. But I didn't have too much trouble just making small talk with him when it was just us waiting for the others to show up. But then again, when I know the people well enough and if it's all girls I don't have too much trouble.