How are u dealing with the pandemic and lockdowns?

I had to go to the supermarket this morning. As I stood at the checkout a woman came and stood so close she could have licked my ear..lol.
I just politely asked her to move back and she did, she apologized and I honestly think she had just forgotten in that moment.
It's taking some getting used to and every now and then I have to remind myself of the new 'social distancing' measures in Australia - stand no closer than 1.5 meters to anyone at any time. I think here in Oz, the vast majority are doing a good job. The streets are empty, people are staying 1.5 meters apart.. most people are doing the right thing and staying home.

We'll beat this. Science will win the day with a vaccine and life will return to normal.

I wish people here were as orderly as Aussies, many don't seem to grasp the gravity of the situation.
In some parts of Paris – before open markets were banned – people would flock around without any consideration for safety, it's reported that many have been fined since the confinement took effect, it tells a lot about their recalcitrance.

We eventually will. I can't understand the reluctance of some states to use Chloroquine as a treatment... sure it's aimed to cure Malaria but it's proven effective against Corona. Naively put: they'd rather let someone have a certain death than administrate him something they're maybe not sure about the long-term effects of. The thing is — there might not even be any long term for those people in the first place.

Last edited:

LoyalXenite

I wish people here were as orderly as Aussies, many don't seem to grasp the gravity of the situation.
In some parts of Paris – before open markets were banned – people would flock around without any consideration for safety, it's reported that many have been fined since the confinement took effect, it tells a lot about their recalcitrance.

We eventually will. I can't understand the reluctance of some states to use Chloroquine as a treatment... sure it's aimed to cure Malaria but it's proven effective against Corona. Naively put: they'd rather let someone have a certain death than administrate him something they're maybe not sure about the long-term effects of. The thing is — there might not even be any long term for those people in the first place.

There are still idiots in Aus who arent listening to the 1.5m rule... a fair few people are flocking to the beaches and sitting/swimming/etc far too close to each other

LoyalXenite

I had to go to the supermarket this morning. As I stood at the checkout a woman came and stood so close she could have licked my ear..lol.
I just politely asked her to move back and she did, she apologized and I honestly think she had just forgotten in that moment.
It's taking some getting used to and every now and then I have to remind myself of the new 'social distancing' measures in Australia - stand no closer than 1.5 meters to anyone at any time. I think here in Oz, the vast majority are doing a good job. The streets are empty, people are staying 1.5 meters apart.. most people are doing the right thing and staying home.

We'll beat this. Science will win the day with a vaccine and life will return to normal.

Wish some of the idiots near me would listen, its like all the suburbs around us are doing well with distance and such but my local woolies is constantly packed with people just not listening to the 1.5 space rules

grapevine

Im kind of struggling at the moment. Rugs my only close friend whom we usually talk on the phone and online all the time is in psychosis and gone crazy and closed all his online social media because of delusions. Hes also might likely moving in 3 months time away from my town, quite a bit away. I feel like ive been dumped or something because i have no way of contacting him. I dont use the phone because of my phone phobia much and he can really only contact me now. And when he has, its been dramatic and not made sense.
It makes u feel very alone. Its not like i can go out and meet new people during this time. Im going thru the motions its just really uncomfortable.

worrywort

Im kind of struggling at the moment. Rugs my only close friend whom we usually talk on the phone and online all the time is in psychosis and gone crazy and closed all his online social media because of delusions. Hes also might likely moving in 3 months time away from my town, quite a bit away. I feel like ive been dumped or something because i have no way of contacting him. I dont use the phone because of my phone phobia much and he can really only contact me now. And when he has, its been dramatic and not made sense.
It makes u feel very alone. Its not like i can go out and meet new people during this time. Im going thru the motions its just really uncomfortable.

I'm sorry to hear that. I feel like I might've lost a good friend recently too. It's hard.