Holding "it together" in Public

cowboyup

yes, yes, me too! Is it a full moon or what? lol

My SIL was showing me pics of her brother's new baby...'isn't she cute' - all I could think was the kid looks like a potato. Seriously, the baby is like 5 minutes old, it's ugly.
and her "isn't she cute" voice wanted me to stab her in the throat with a fork.

I've too come VERY close to crying in stores lately ... it sucks, doesn't it? Then you feel like you are going to explode before you can make it home, but somehow you gather enough strength to keep it in til you get home.

Do you get home and then the tears start to flow?

Lamb

My SIL was showing me pics of her brother's new baby...'isn't she cute' - all I could think was the kid looks like a potato. Seriously, the baby is like 5 minutes old, it's ugly.

:lol: :lol:

ImNotMyIllness

I've too come VERY close to crying in stores lately ... it sucks, doesn't it? Then you feel like you are going to explode before you can make it home, but somehow you gather enough strength to keep it in til you get home.

Do you get home and then the tears start to flow?

Classic Post. LOL. Kid looks like a potato. Bwahahahaha. "Stab her in the throat with a fork". You and Lamb are my kind of people! hahahahaha

No, I don't cry when I get home. I don't remember the last time that I did. It's kind of like, why even cry over my pathetic life. I'm too pathetic to even cry over.

Yeah I know exactly what that is like. It's why I sometimes think I might be a bit bipolar, because I can be happy and alright, but seeing the most subtle of things can set me off.

Seeing people happy, with friends, doing their thing just destroys me.

And when I'm on the verge of crying, I can just feel that my face shows it very well. Like it's obvious I'm about to burst. Heh, I don't like being out in public.

squidgee

Lately I've been feeling very depressed and anxious. Going out in public in this mental state is a bad combination. It's like anything can set me off. I see a beautiful girl walking with her boyfriend. Clothes at the store that are too cool, young and hip for my spare tire body. Smiling faces, Confident faces...........

Today I nearly lost it. It's dark, I just walked out of the store where I spent most of my time averting glances. And as I'm walking, I feel my eyes water up. Then car lights hit me, I know they can see me. I feel like I'm about to cry but I take a deep breath and hold it together.

I've also felt this way while walking through stores which is the worst. Then I have to keep turning around because I don't want anyone to see me looking like I'm just about to cry. I never do cry but it's written all over my face.

:sad:

It takes a lot for that to happen to me but it has happened once; it was on a train and it was a horrible experience. It's much much worse when people who see you on regular basis see you in that state as well.

razzle dazzle rose

I get this feeling every now and then, just as you describe. And there have been times I have actually cried in public. It is just so overwhelming sometimes! I get out of there as soon as I can, but the point is not to avoid these situations, right? Some days are harder than others.

WishingICould

I was walking my dog the other day and a group of teenagers drove past. One shouted out of their window "nice dog, bitch!". Obviously to shout out of your car window you must be a complete and utter moron but i was nearly in tears after that and couldn't go home because my dog needed walking. Sometimes i hate people. I didn't even know them!

squidgee

I was walking my dog the other day and a group of teenagers drove past. One shouted out of their window "nice dog, bitch!". Obviously to shout out of your car window you must be a complete and utter moron but i was nearly in tears after that and couldn't go home because my dog needed walking. Sometimes i hate people. I didn't even know them!

Sadly, there's always going to be complete idiots who will be doing things like that, but don't let it get you down. Chances are you will probably never see them again, which is good.

:lol: LMAO!! Thats funnyyyyy! But i think u shouldnt call an INFANT ugly. that doesnt sound nice, at least 2 me.

dottie

ugh. people are jack*sses. when they yelled that the last thing on their mind was probably how it would affect you. they were just showing off for each other (in their own asinine way). i know behavior like that can be disheartening but remember that it reflects upon them and not at all you. hope you are feeling better.