Hmm

JosephG

I used to be so literate, articulate and quite well spoken before I had all these troubles. But ever since crippling worry and low mood really hit me hard it's like my brain has become a mush. I am finding it harder and harder to put my thoughts into words and sometimes end up sounding like a bumbling mess.
Anyone relate to this? Just thought I'd have a tiny little vent :)

pink-moon

I relate.

That's partly why I've been avoiding the internet. When people send messages it takes me days or even weeks to form a coherent response, and it's too bloody stressful.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

My brain feels like mush after long periods of depression, if that counts. But as far as talking goes after those periods, my mind is blank. I feel like I have nothing to say. When my brain doesn't feel like mush, I come out like a stuttering idiot anyway.

I can definately relate. There used to be a time that people thought of me as be very well spoken and funny. I get so nervous around almost everyone. Now I have so much trouble even putting a sentence together its ridiculous. I always mix up words and sometimes I just say a bunch of nonsense so a lot of the time people can't understand what I'm trying to say. I'm always worried that I'll be perceived as stupid, which makes me nervous going into a conversation and then I'll say something wrong. when I mess up it adds fuel to the fire and I get more nervous, so if I talk to someone else that day I will have even more problems articulating my point. I've gotten to the point now where I wont talk unless i absolutely need to. I talk to people only if they talk to me first and when I'm really nervous I will ignore people if they try to talk to me. I won't even look at them and I'll walk away.

JosephG

I can relate too. Maybe we are just getting old? :D

aha I wish that was the cause of it. I'm only 17 XD

I think this could be caused by our lack of practice at conversation? I think we get so used to not saying much and not expressing ourselves that we find it hard to do so adequately. I think maybe if we push at it we will get back to how we used to be...... well I hope so!

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
aha I wish that was the cause of it. I'm only 17 XD

I think this could be caused by our lack of practice at conversation? I think we get so used to not saying much and not expressing ourselves that we find it hard to do so adequately. I think maybe if we push at it we will get back to how we used to be...... well I hope so!

Hehe yeah I'm not that old either... Maybe the lack of practice would be a cause in your case, but are your thoughts as confused as your speech is? Mine are, so I am not sure ...

Simmy

I can also relate, unfortunately =/
I used to be considered quite funny and approachable, and the way I spoke was certainly a reason why I was considered as such

But now like you said I find myself a mumbling mess, trying to connect the dots for sometimes the most simple responses, and unfortunately it's affected both my social and academic life in negative ways...

JosephG

Hehe yeah I'm not that old either... Maybe the lack of practice would be a cause in your case, but are your thoughts as confused as your speech is? Mine are, so I am not sure ...

Errr I'm not sure. At times very much so! But I can't tell any more really. Most of my thoughts are worried/anxious thoughts so maybe that is why I can't express myself properly.
I'm confused right now btw XD

Vampayah88

A few years ago I had no trouble speaking coherently and fast, and now I basically struggle to say a fraze without words coming out wrong or mumbling. It's so frustrating I'm even afraid to communicate sometimes, don't wanna make a fool of myself.