Hi :)

Tamara89

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this so please bear with me :) I'm 23. I've been suffering from social anxiety and depression since I can remember and only recently just got diagnosed with social phobia. Funnily enough I never heard of it until this year. I just always thought I was head f***ed and there was no name for it and no one would understand.. haha! I'm glad I found a forum like this and I've never met/talked to anyone that suffers as badly as I do. I've made many friends and lost many friends in the past, I'm at the point now where I've given up on the outside world! I would love to chat to anyone, no offense but particularly girls around my age to share what we struggle with.

:greeting: Welcome! I'm glad you're here, and glad you seem to have found a little relief in knowing there's a name for what you're going through and that there are definitely others who feel the same way! I'm 22 and have never been formally diagnosed (too scared to seek therapy and also don't want to have to explain it to my family), but I'm pretty sure I've been suffering from SA of some type since my early teenage years. SO, if you ever want to talk, feel free to message me! I joined this site a couple of years ago and don't post much, but it is definitely a huge help to me just reading through other people's posts and having that reminder that I'm not alone.

jaim38

Hi Tamara and welcome to SPW! I'm also the same age and went through similar experiences. I have avpd too so I don't form lasting relationships, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

Lou-s-Darkness

Hi Tamara and welcome to the forum. I also couldn't believe that there was a forum for such a thing, but when I found it I was just immensely relieved! I've also lost friends and went through a similar path. Do not hesitate to PM me anytime; I would love to chat.