Hi

shygirly

I just found this place,and hope I meet more people like myself...shy. I've always been super shy,but I'm ok with it,it is who I am, but I feel really bad when some people misunderstand shyness for being rude or snobbish. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyways,I'm glad to meet all if you!:D

Hocuspocus

Hi, welcome to SPW:) It happens to me too-people think I'm aloof and stand offish& don't understand it's because I'm extremely shy and feel anxious/nervous around them.

AlleyCat

I always worry about coming off rude and snobbish around other people too even though I'm just very quiet. Welcome to the forum! :)

recluse

Hi and welcome. Well i was accused of being arrogant by someone once even though i am really modest. He wasn't a very intelligent person, was loud and obnoxius. I'm a dignified person and i think that by saying not to much i don't give too much away and some people might interpet me as being arrogant.

philly2bits

It happens to me. People think I'm rude or a jerk or any number of other things just because I don't jump into conversations and talk my ass off.

melsmood

Hi. I'm new here too. A teacher once wrote on my school report card that I was "aloof", it still burns! Someone let me know they felt threatened by my shyness - the fact that I didn't give much away about what I'm thinking made her feel paranoid (happened in public, it was kind of embarrassing at the time). Gave me a little insight into how others feel around quiet people. The thing I hate is when people have to point it out "geez you're quiet". No kidding!

market.garden

Hi there!

People seem to assume I'm either rude or, in one person's words "a boring bastard".

Funny how most of the people who say things like that are themselves, boring and arrogant.

shygirly

Good! glad I'm not the only one. I also get "You are so quiet" all the time,just once I'd like to look at the person and say "Damn you are so loud" Thats probably kind of a social faux pas,right?

market.garden

Haha, you don't even have to say anything...just put a pair of ear plugs in as soon as they start talking. I reckon their reaction would be priceless!