Hi um, I'm feeling very lonely and empty..

Izolo

Anyone want to be friends? to talk about our problems with SA,
right now I have no friends, feel like I have no one to talk to : (

Izolo

Hi Rewandsgirl : ),
I just quit my job because of SA, it was too much pressure for me, no one in my family understands me, really no one, they don't get what SA is even after trying to explain it to them, I have no friends, no friends at all even when I try because of my SA again, I can only talk to my boyfriend who understands me but since I have no friends at all I've been a bit clingy with him lately, and I feel, I'll end up ruining the relationship and be all alone,
makes me feel like running away to a forest or an island where I could live all by myself without having to feel this ansiety..: /
I really need to talk to someone : s

Feel free to talk here. No pressure. Have a look around. Unfortunately friends do not automagically appear. Just be you, enjoy your interests and have fun.

I know, fun is easier said than done. Small steps. Big ones may send backwards.

Welcome, and enjoy.

WeirdyMcGee

You can say whatever you want to say here. Explore the forum a bit and I'm sure you'll find that there are many people out there who feel the same anxiety that you do.

Do you currently have a therapist that you see? A family doctor to talk to?
That is a good first step, if you haven't taken it yet.
Don't be afraid to talk to people--- especially professionals; because odds are, they have 'heard it all before'.

Feathers

Hi Izolo!

Teaching can be stressful... I know cause I've experienced it too.. Maybe take a deep breath and then take a nap and see where it all brings you?
Do you have any other teachers that you could talk to? Maybe some older more experienced who could help?

Many teachers had troubles when they first started.. It's quite comforting to know.. There are books and workshops that could help..

It depends on different contexts and schools too.. Some schools or some students are easier to teach than others.. And maybe you could even do other work with your love of languages? Like translating or writing articles etc. Some people I know got into totally different jobs..

You can also learn to be more confident and learn to combat stage fright and present more easily..
And you can learn to make friends too, and can make new friends..

Hi Rewandsgirl : ),
I just quit my job because of SA, it was too much pressure for me, no one in my family understands me, really no one, they don't get what SA is even after trying to explain it to them, I have no friends, no friends at all even when I try because of my SA again, I can only talk to my boyfriend who understands me but since I have no friends at all I've been a bit clingy with him lately, and I feel, I'll end up ruining the relationship and be all alone,
makes me feel like running away to a forest or an island where I could live all by myself without having to feel this ansiety..: /
I really need to talk to someone : s

Izolo, I know how it feels since I have SA too. I'm not working as well. And people around me keep telling me to get a job. I really do want to work but just to think about going to an interview, commute to work with all the people on the public transportation is enough to make me feel the anxiety. Then I get really depressed and to some extent imagined the relief I'd get if I just 'get rid' of myself. What's more, I'm living in a foreign country of which the language I don't speak. Just wonderful, isn't it? So just like you I've no 'real' friends either. I get all scared even to go shopping alone.

I got clingy to my husband too, and yes, it's a big problem for him and eventually our marriage as well. He doesn't understand why I feel the way I feel, but I'm thankful that he is supportive enough to look for someone who can help me. Last month I went to see a psychologist and last Monday I went to see a homeopathy doctor and was prescribed some medications that I was told has no side effects since they are all natural. At least these people understood as they told me that there were many others who went to them with the same problem and got better or at least get their lives back. I'm not sure how the meds will help me calm down or lower the anxiety level, but there's a glimmer of hope.

Have you gone to see someone who can help you? Don't give up yet, believe me many of us here know how you feel. I'm holding on to the hope that if there are some people who came out of this, we should be able to do it too.

Izolo

Izolo, I know how it feels since I have SA too. I'm not working as well. And people around me keep telling me to get a job. I really do want to work but just to think about going to an interview, commute to work with all the people on the public transportation is enough to make me feel the anxiety. Then I get really depressed and to some extent imagined the relief I'd get if I just 'get rid' of myself. What's more, I'm living in a foreign country of which the language I don't speak. Just wonderful, isn't it? So just like you I've no 'real' friends either. I get all scared even to go shopping alone.

I got clingy to my husband too, and yes, it's a big problem for him and eventually our marriage as well. He doesn't understand why I feel the way I feel, but I'm thankful that he is supportive enough to look for someone who can help me. Last month I went to see a psychologist and last Monday I went to see a homeopathy doctor and was prescribed some medications that I was told has no side effects since they are all natural. At least these people understood as they told me that there were many others who went to them with the same problem and got better or at least get their lives back. I'm not sure how the meds will help me calm down or lower the anxiety level, but there's a glimmer of hope.

Have you gone to see someone who can help you? Don't give up yet, believe me many of us here know how you feel. I'm holding on to the hope that if there are some people who came out of this, we should be able to do it too.

:O wow so you live in a foreign country?
I have a similar story,
I was born in Peru, but when I was 10 I moved to LA with my mom and sister.
The thing is that I was there with a tourist visa, so I was supposed to stay for only 6 months, but I stayed for 10 years,
now I'm 20 and have come back to Peru because I couldn't work in the US thanks to my status. The thing is that I can't go back anymore, well at least for now I can't, I'd have to wait some years.
Anyways, I started teaching English, I love languages, but it's just too much pressure for me..
I have started a treatment with a psychologist, it's only been two weeks, but I'm trying my best : D
just that sometimes, anything seems to bring me back down : S
I think I'll try going to a psychiatrist to see what can be done : )

Izolo

Hi Izolo!

Teaching can be stressful... I know cause I've experienced it too.. Maybe take a deep breath and then take a nap and see where it all brings you?
Do you have any other teachers that you could talk to? Maybe some older more experienced who could help?

Many teachers had troubles when they first started.. It's quite comforting to know.. There are books and workshops that could help..

It depends on different contexts and schools too.. Some schools or some students are easier to teach than others.. And maybe you could even do other work with your love of languages? Like translating or writing articles etc. Some people I know got into totally different jobs..

You can also learn to be more confident and learn to combat stage fright and present more easily..
And you can learn to make friends too, and can make new friends..

You know there's this one teacher who's really nice, but I'm just scared to ask him for help,
idk I'm always like that with people,
but that's an excellent idea, I'll see if I can find a way to talk to him : )

:O wow so you live in a foreign country?
I have a similar story,
I was born in Peru, but when I was 10 I moved to LA with my mom and sister.
The thing is that I was there with a tourist visa, so I was supposed to stay for only 6 months, but I stayed for 10 years,
now I'm 20 and have come back to Peru because I couldn't work in the US thanks to my status. The thing is that I can't go back anymore, well at least for now I can't, I'd have to wait some years.
Anyways, I started teaching English, I love languages, but it's just too much pressure for me..
I have started a treatment with a psychologist, it's only been two weeks, but I'm trying my best : D
just that sometimes, anything seems to bring me back down : S
I think I'll try going to a psychiatrist to see what can be done : )

That's tough Izolo. I am living in Hungary. It's been 5 years now. Just like you, I like languages, but it's not easy learning Hungarian and worse I'm having a hard time mingling with Hungarians just to learn the language. :(

Living with Social Phobia feels like being in a cage. I want to get out and make friends and do things freely but I can't or at least that's what I feel.

good luck with seeing a psychiatrist. Maybe he/she would give you something to help you feel better.