Hi there!

francesca2106

So I'm new-ish here. I joined a couple of weeks ago and haven't posted anything I've just been learning my way around the site and reading other peoples' stories. Its really amazing how much my perspective on life has changed after finding this site. With social phobias you can't help but feel alone because there's no obvious way to find people in a similar situation and now, here I am!
I went to my first counselling session today. It was an impulse decision and I was sweating and shaking the whole time but I felt much better afterwards and I don't think I would have ever scraped up the courage to go to it if I hadn't found this site and realised that there are names for everything I'm going through and that I'm not just slowly losing my mind.
I haven't been diagnosed or anything so I can't say what it is that I'm struggling with but it would be nice to talk to some people who are going through the same kinds of things as me.

Shyangel

Hey, Francesca, welcome to the forum. That's great that you attended that session. That takes alot of courage that I haven't got up myself yet. Keep up the good work and you will be feeling better in no time.

Ravens

Congratulations on going to your first counselling session, and importantly feeling pride about it! Glad to hear the site has proven useful. It can be daunting when you're struggling with it alone, thinking you're the only one. Sounds like you've taken some really positive steps towards beating your fears. :)