Hi there. .__.

Saga

Well, seeing as I've actually made a decision to start posting a bit here, I thought I might as well make myself known, somewhat. >_>
So, I'm 17 soon to be 18, and I live in Australia. Obviously, I have SA, and I think OCD as well, although I've never been brave enough to bring that up with anyone, so it's self-diagnosed. xD

Well, I've always been a quiet kid. Right from the first grade, teachers would always point out how quiet I was (to my parents) and there would always be comments about 'needing to participate more in class' in my reports. I never really felt out of place, though. I made a best friend and I guess I had a few others to hang around with, too, so I've never actually been a loner. Thank God, because if I had I think I'd have probably offed myself by now. -_-' I struggle with low self-esteem, negative thinking and worrying about what people think of me. I always think people think I'm weird or are bored by me. I'm trying to change but so far I'm having no luck. That's why I came here, I guess, though I don't really know what I was expecting considering everyone else here suffers from pretty much the same feelings. xD

Anyway, I don't want to keep talking about my SA because that's always been the part of me that people see and I'm sick of not ever being able to see any other side of me. .__. I love talking, believe it or not, and I'm actually really interested in people and topics that range from mythology to music. ^.^

Just message me if you want to talk. I'm always so goddamn lonely. :kickingmyself:

springk

Hi Saga
Welcome to the forum.
Its good to know about you. There are many people who share your feelings i m sure and i hope you will not feel lonely on here.

Lamb

It sounds like you've got some things going for you (friends, liking to socialize and your age). Welcome!

Srijita52

Hi, I'm sorry you're going through this, if you love talking and are interested in a wide range of topics maybe you just need a little practice, try to talk more with your friends, try to meet new people and make new friends. Also don't let the negative thoughts get the best of you, try to challange them, tell your mind to shut up specially when you know its not the real you but just the negative thoughts talking. Of course it won't happen overnight, it'll take a while. If you want and think it's necessary maybe you can also take a professional's help. Good luck. :)

Saga

Hi, I'm sorry you're going through this, if you love talking and are interested in a wide range of topics maybe you just need a little practice, try to talk more with your friends, try to meet new people and make new friends. Also don't let the negative thoughts get the best of you, try to challange them, tell your mind to shut up specially when you know its not the real you but just the negative thoughts talking. Of course it won't happen overnight, it'll take a while. If you want and think it's necessary maybe you can also take a professional's help. Good luck. :)

Ahhh. It's so hard when I feel like a lot of people in my year level look down on me. >__< But friends help. xD ._. Anyways, I didn't mean to get on to this. Thank you, and everyone else, for the welcome. ^.^

Srijita52

Ahhh. It's so hard when I feel like a lot of people in my year level look down on me. >__< But friends help. xD ._. Anyways, I didn't mean to get on to this. Thank you, and everyone else, for the welcome. ^.^

I definitely know what you mean since I'm going through the exact things. Just stay strong.

squidgee

Well, I've always been a quiet kid. Right from the first grade, teachers would always point out how quiet I was (to my parents) and there would always be comments about 'needing to participate more in class' in my reports.

Oh god I hate the comments in those school reports because that's exactly what all my teachers say. It get's really irritating doesn't it? Have you ever had your parents or any siblings ask you about it and then suspect that somethings wrong?

Saga

Oh god I hate the comments in those school reports because that's exactly what all my teachers say. It get's really irritating doesn't it? Have you ever had your parents or any siblings ask you about it and then suspect that somethings wrong?

Yeah, it's frustrating. >.< It gives you the sense that something's wrong with you, because I have a feeling people who talk heaps in the class wouldn't have those kind of things mentioned. I am assuming things here, though. ^.^

Yeah, well, my parents know something's wrong. xD But up until around the end of 2011 they just thought I was quiet, and so did I, actually. But then I started developing other anxiety / weight issues and they took me to professional help and then it was discovered then. The other things were related to family problems though, so it wasn't like my SA just suddenly got much worse or anything.