Hi guys

GoBlue72

Brian here. I'm a 38 year old guy from Michigan. I remember finding this site a few months ago, and fate has brought me back here to join the fun. I can't tell you how nice it is to find so much information in one place, with so many great people! Although I feel I've come a long way in some areas of my life, I continue to struggle quite a bit in others.

For example, I've experienced social anxiety and agoraphobia for approximately 20 years(since my early college days). Despite the aggravation they have given me, I'm proud to say I actually went on to get a BA in psychology and a Masters degree in social work. I actually went on to work as a clinical social worker, diagnosing and treating many of the same disorders many of us have here.

So, I guess you could say I progressed to the point where I was "functioning" pretty well. However, I've continued to have many issues with my own confidence and self-image. Any time I become the center of attention, the anxiety and negative thoughts ensue.

I'd also like to add that despite being quite educated in the area of mental health, I've already found a lot of information here that is both new and helpful to me. I'm excited to be a member, and hope to get to know more about you guys. :D

DespairSoul

Hello welcome:)

Nice to see you here. Wohaa u alone take care about people what have similar issues what we are going trought. Thats wonderfull of you, trought that yourself have issues. I appreciate people what help others is something what is never enough on the world!!! BA in psychology and master degree just wondering how much powers musted stand u that everything to be enough strong do that. Congratulations and i wish u a lot of steps forward in your helpful career.:D

GoBlue72

Thanks guys. Good to be here. Feel like I'm learning as much or more since joining the site this week than I have through the year I was in therapy. Not sure if it's that I'm progressing, or possibly just learning by reading accounts so similar to my own. From what I've read, people who feel inferior in certain areas often excel in others. I think that was partially my experience in school. I felt the more I screwed up, the more negative attention I would receive. Luckily, I was able to do well, even when my panic attacks began in college. I hope to meet more people here with such encouraging words. :)

GoBlue72

Thanks again, guys. Good to be here. Kodpilt, funny . First time i've heard that one. Had to google it, I must be getting old. ;)

panicsurvivor, i see you live in Oregon. Whereabouts? My sister and her family live in Eugene. I had no problem driving her car back to Michigan on my own for 2000 miles last year, yet I have a problem going to the corner store and talking with a female. Seems funny.