Here is what Ive been up to musically

lonely_drummer

Im not entirely sure when I stopped coming to this site. It must have been September 2012… Or somewhere around there. Im not sure either if I posted any of my music here before I left. If I did, I apologize for repeating myself. Back in April 2012, I fell in the bathroom before taking a shower. I don't remember much. The next thing I know, my best friend is crawling in through the bathroom window to get me. I was so disoriented. The bathroom was a disaster and my shoulders REALLY hurt! I stood up, look into the mirror and there's nothing but blood all over my face, mainly around my mouth. I then feel my tongue and it hurts as well. I got helped to the living room while paramedics were on their way. I was having a bunch of seizures, which I've never had before. Right before the paramedics showed up, I was sitting on the couch constantly saying "what the ****?" Then BAM, another seizure(that was number 3, I had 2 in the bathroom). The paramedics showed up, loading me into the ambulance and off we went. I was pretty out of it. Next thing, Im in emergency. I fracture both of my humerus heads (the ball of the shoulder) and dislocated both shoulders. My seizures are extremely violent. So they're there trying to pop them back in and they just weren't going. So they were starting to prep me to get them surgically relocated, then pop! The went back in. Right after, my roommates came in to see me. Then BAM!!! another seizure. I came back to, to see the nurse saying I dislocated my shoulders once again. NOOOOO!!!!! So I went through that nightmare all over. Then all of a sudden I go into kidney failure. Apparently when you have seizures, an enzyme is released from your muscle tissue into the blood stream. Its called the CK enzyme. Typically our values are low, Im not entirely sure of the units used, but average folks have a CK enzyme value of 300-500. When I went in, my value was 29,000!!!! Doctors couldn't believe it!!! They had never seen a count that high. I still don't believe it either. That count is ridiculously high, I always think that they test results were tampered with lol. So basically they pumped me full of liquids, like ALOT!!! and I just peed it out of me. I was in the hospital a little over a week and the enzyme count was back to normal, I think roughly 500 since Im a bigger dude. SO!!! holy crap this is long and Im not even into the music stuff LOL.

So!!! as Im recovering from my shoulder injuries, my progress was tracked by how well I could play guitar and after a while, how well I could play the drums. Even my physiotherapist said drumming was great exercise. I quit drinking instantly. Also stopped smoking for a while too. So as Im progressing I start to become insanely inspired musically. So I started writing songs, mainly riffs. Then I tried some recording and it started to actual come together. After a couple months, I was mastering an album, just a 5 song EP but it was decent enough. I figured I'd go the minimalist way and just record with one microphone. I did everything by layering, the guitars, bass, drums and then vocals. Then I decided to call the project Hash Tin. haha!! People wonder about the name and think the meaning is just simply a tin full of hash, which is somewhat true. I don't really wanna get into it haha. So I finished and released it online. Slowly Ive been trying to spread my music around. It did ok, nothing great. A few bands here and there discovered my tunes and enjoyed it. I have yet to get any negativity towards it. I did have one person say it was "weird" but I took that as a compliment. Im weird, so obviously my music will be weird, its who I am. So then I moved into a van for a year with my best friend (the guy who saved me in the bathroom). We did that and then last summer I started getting antsy and had a whole line up of potential songs. So I went and rented a 24 hour lock out rehearsal space. My own room, full access 24 hours a day. I practically lived in there!! I would have thrown a mattress down but there wasn't enough room. basically I'd sleep in the van, wake up at 8am, walk to the studio and stay there till about midnight or 1am and wander back to the van. This went on for about 3 months. Slowly I was creating a concept album. I was pretty much finished and then I moved out to the country where I worked. I lived on my own, lots of solitude, it was nice. The house I lived in was old school, such character. So I ditched all my recordings and started from scratch since I had a better sounding space. So after about 6 or 7 months of slowly working away on it, I finally finished it. The album is called "SunFuzz" The concept is obviously, The Sun. Very surprisingly its been selling online, not bad numbers which is trippy. So here y'all go!!!

Here's a link to my first album, the EP I made in 2012, It's called "Hash Tin"

https://soundcloud.com/copernicus-albert-guzzlegore/sets/hash-tin

And here's the link to my second album, full LP, It's called "SunFuzz". I hope you guys like it, FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/copernicus-albert-guzzlegore/sets/sunfuzz

I do apologize for the insanely long post:eek:h:

PerseverareJasmine

I think its nice that music was able to help you come away from that experience on top and make progress. It seems like its paying off too, the songs sound great :).

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Whoa! Glad to hear yer doing well, mate.

It's pretty cool how music, literally help ye in yer recovery.

I also strongly dislike the first album "Hash Tin" so I'd recommend listening to the second album "SunFuzz"

Put it up to eleven :bigsmile: Sorry, couldnae resist makin' a Spinal Tap reference.

:eek: Anyway, ah think ah've found my new favourite band. Or one-man band. Sure, it might be nothing great, but it's still better than some of the shite "new bands", ah've seen as opening acts over the last few months.

Awesome stoner rock sound, by-the-way. Can definitely hear a hint of Black Sabbath in yer guitar tone. Though, yer sound is more reminisent of Kyuss - and that's not a bad thing.

Keep on rockin', lonelydrummer. :thumbup:

lonely_drummer

Whoa! Glad to hear yer doing well, mate.

It's pretty cool how music, literally help ye in yer recovery.

Put it up to eleven :bigsmile: Sorry, couldnae resist makin' a Spinal Tap reference.

:eek: Anyway, ah think ah've found my new favourite band. Or one-man band. Sure, it might be nothing great, but it's still better than some of the shite "new bands", ah've seen as opening acts over the last few months.

Awesome stoner rock sound, by-the-way. Can definitely hear a hint of Black Sabbath in yer guitar tone. Though, yer sound is more reminisent of Kyuss - and that's not a bad thing.

Keep on rockin', lonelydrummer. :thumbup:

Hahaha, nice! Crank it! Thanks man! Greatly appreciated. Kyuss is one of my all time favourite bands, they were freaking amazing! So that's a hardcore compliment! Hahaha

williamreinsch

That was intense! I've just listened to both albums, this is your calling man. :)

I was listening to it hearing all these bands I love echo through. Alice in Chains, Primus, Nirvana, Black Sabbath even The Mars Volta with the ambient psychedelic stuff which my god was awesome btw.

Sunset and Energy are 2 songs I have repeated a few times haha, they are great!

As for the story man, thats horrible to hear :( sounds so f***ed up and all that from a slip in a shower you know :( is so scary to think that sort thing happens so unexpectedly. I hope your shoulders are better now they went through a lot by the sounds of it 0_0 and the seizures.. that must of been horrible :(
What a great friend you have there who climbed through the window. The story could of ended up so much worse without him :(

Anyhow I hope you get that record deal soon my friend, you have so much talent! :)

Last edited:

Nanita

I just listened to your music, Lonelydrummer! It is fuc*ing awesome....
I can't believe I haven't heard it untill now!