Here I come

N1LOY

Hello everyone!
New person in the forum, suffering from the same thing, looking for help, tips and great time.

Step 1 [██]
Step 2 [ ]

Feathers

Hi and welcome!

Not sure I understand your mini steps, do believe in the mini-steps policy though, so go you! :)

SeptembersGold19

Hi! If you want advice, I can't stress enough to stick to a proper schedule, exercise, SEE A THERAPIST!!!!! And or/psychiatrist to prescibe medication. For me, I see anxiety as a trial in my life. God has a purpose for everything, and my anxiety has brought me closer to God. I don't know if you've ever read stories like Homer's "The Odyssey..." Well the mean gods in that story, even though they knew they couldn't change Odysseus's fate, they still knew that they could at least change the WAY that it happened... so they did everything they could to make his life miserable, even though at the end he still made it!!! I think that's just like today. Even if the Devil knows that you are destined to heaven, he knows that he can't change your fate, but he can at least change THE WAY that it happens, and he really does make your life miserable! Be strong and courageous!!

N1LOY

Whoah, how beautiful welcomes! Thank you everyone.

@SeptembersGold19: I like the song, Mad World, too.
I do exercise, it helps me a little but not enough to boost me to the needed level. I am too young to see a therapist/psychiatrist myself. I am trying to avoid that option 'till I have no other choice. I've read "The Odyssey" in last year's class. I don't think he had social phobia, haha. It resembles our world today, we have struggles and some just give up too easily. I don't have any problems with life and goals, but conversation with other people. It's just the only thing I suck in and hate it the most. I thought I can overcome it, but it keeps getting worse. Over online, it's excellent, but in real life it's just disgusting and unsharable.

Feathers

Hey N1Loy! Can you read the book Meeting People Is Fun or How to Win Friends and Influence People? Really good books, helped me interact with people more.. :)

You CAN learn this! :)

N1LOY

If I read those books in public, I will have full cups of friends. Some may call me pedo, but I would care less if the chance of getting better is higher.

I would appreciate if you could name the authors.
I usually hate reading, but price seems promising.

YES I CAN! Have you overcame Social Phobia?

Feathers

He he, I don't recommend reading them in public! :)

I like reading books, so this is a good way to learn for me.. If you don't, maybe listening to any tapes/mp3s/CDs or going to workshops or maybe getting a coach or counselling could help?

- Dr Phyllis M. Shaw: Meeting People Is Fun (older tiny book, really recommend it!)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie, it's an old classic but actually pretty good... (tips on Wikipedia too, if you google it..)

See if your library has them. (You can say it's for a project maybe? :D)

I almost couldn't talk to anyone as a teenager, now I can talk in most 'usual' situations and only have some phobia when it comes to dating (though I have dated in the past) or authority figures or job/career things or any 'sensitive subjects' or in extreme situations or such.. So it's improved a lot.. Still learning about it all.. :)

N1LOY

That is great!
May your good results improve everyday!

I don't know any people in real life with the same problems that I am having, so I ended up with a thought that I am too unique to befriend with other people. These mixed feelings come and go.

*Off to library

Will share the result after reading the book.

Feathers

Thanks! :) Good to hear!

My Grandma is shy too, my sis is even shyer than me, I met some really great shy people at University/dorm and some of them became great friends too..

So, sometimes it's just a point of meeting the right people and changing the way you think..

It is precisely because you are unique that other people can learn a lot from becoming friends with you! (and you from them...)

Will be looking forward to reading about the results and opinions of the books !