Here are two CBT methods that worked for ME

I wanted to share with you two CBT methods I devised which have worked well for me.

Method one is the "Belief Square". You can use this method to figure out what self-depricating beliefs you have. These will always depend on things you "are/aren't", or things you have or haven't done. If you discover a negative belief, you can use this diagram to figure out why you think it is true.

BeliefSquare.jpg

Method two is the "Phobia Triangle". You can use this method to determine how your phobia is structured. Here I provided a watered-down example from my own Social Anxiety Disorder. The idea is to systematicaly debunk the "foundation" of your phobia, thereby destroying each level until the ultimate threat - the fear of being "wortheless / evil / doomed / etc" is nullified.

PhobiaTriangle.jpg

Hope this helps. :D

Last edited:
I like your pyramid. It makes a lot of sense. currently I'm in the process of trying to talk to people and being more friendly, conformist and less avoidant. So eventually once evidence suggests that I got those qualities down, then the beliefs like "i'm a loser" can be easily turned around. It's good to know that I'm on the right track.

not sure how your first method works. Can you provide an example?

And I want to know, where did you get these from?

I like your pyramid. It makes a lot of sense. currently I'm in the process of trying to talk to people and being more friendly, conformist and less avoidant. So eventually once evidence suggests that I got those qualities down, then the beliefs like "i'm a loser" can be easily turned around. It's good to know that I'm on the right track.

not sure how your first method works. Can you provide an example?

And I want to know, where did you get these from?

Hey there, im glad you are interested. Sometimes it seems that no one here appreciates my work. You don't need to "be" different in order to invalidate your phobia, you need to invalidate it given how you are RIGHT NOW. I can help you figure out how to debunk the evidence in the Phobia Pyriamid if you'd like, just message me privately. I made up both of these techniques based on CBT methods I learned. The square works to help you identify your negative beleifs about yourself. You come up with negative qualities you have, positive qualities you lack, negative things youve done, and positive things youve failed to do, which in sum total support a specific negative beleif about yourself.

YOu know what? THis place is pissing me off. Im tired of being second guessed and doubted and demeaned and victimized by people's idiotic insecurities. Im done sharing my CBT solutions with other people. Im ****ing tired of being taken for granted by people who can't figure out half of the knowledge in my little pinky. If anyone wants to know they can ask me. That's it. 54 views and one of the most important posts on this site, ever. I cant believe this. I made this especialy for you people, I already understand it, I didn't need the damn pictograms. What's the use, you don't value me. Forget it. I give and I give and I give, and the only thing I want is to feel that Ive helped someone else, but I can't even have that can I? No, is that so ****ing selfish? From now on I am just going to use this place for my own needs, as a repository for my personal work and a place to share my successes. I am done trying to fix other people and help bring them out of their suffering. Sink in quicksand and suffocate! I've had it. If you want my help, from now on youre going to have to ask for it, and youre lucky to get it.

Last edited:
You are taking it too seriously Ive felt the same way before too. I spend alot of my time and energy and I dont really get anything back from it. I think people are just too lazy or simply not willing to try most suggestions. Look, I took time out to write this too you. Hopefully, you know that some do pay attention. Ive noticed people rather spend too much time and energy on the negative threads than the positive ones. I really dont get it, I guess its like a magnet to them. Maybe they are so used to negativity.

Remus

Staff member
YOu know what? THis place is pissing me off. Im tired of being second guessed and doubted and demeaned and victimized by people's idiotic insecurities. Im done sharing my CBT solutions with other people. Im ****ing tired of being taken for granted by people who can't figure out half of the knowledge in my little pinky. If anyone wants to know they can ask me. That's it. 54 views and one of the most important posts on this site, ever. I cant believe this. I made this especialy for you people, I already understand it, I didn't need the damn pictograms. What's the use, you don't value me. Forget it. I give and I give and I give, and the only thing I want is to feel that Ive helped someone else, but I can't even have that can I? No, is that so ****ing selfish? From now on I am just going to use this place for my own needs, as a repository for my personal work and a place to share my successes. I am done trying to fix other people and help bring them out of their suffering. Sink in quicksand and suffocate! I've had it. If you want my help, from now on youre going to have to ask for it, and youre lucky to get it.

Well you were on your final warning, you decide to personally attack and insult half the forum.

gone....

oh as a footnote, a real phychiatrist/therapist needs alot of patience

Remus

Staff member
You are taking it too seriously Ive felt the same way before too. I spend alot of my time and energy and I dont really get anything back from it. I think people are just too lazy or simply not willing to try most suggestions. Look, I took time out to write this too you. Hopefully, you know that some do pay attention. Ive noticed people rather spend too much time and energy on the negative threads than the positive ones. I really dont get it, I guess its like a magnet to them. Maybe they are so used to negativity.

Yes there is too much negativity but cures for SA do not come overnight, those helping need to be patient and those working towards being better need patience too.

The ACT therapy looks good sabbath

Luke1993

i quite liked those pictures actually, thanks for showing them, (Though i guess you won't be able to read this now....)

Silvox Black

I must ask the question...why do you assume that everyone will listen to you and view things the same as you do? The world is not an audience that will listen to everyone, why would you be entitled to something different? You simply cannot assume that you are all knowing...