Hello.

P+G

I've been visiting this forum over the past couple of weeks as a guest. The forum has been comforting to me and sometimes a little depressing too but I've decided to join anyway. I have not been diagnosed with anything yet however I finally took the step to see a GP to arrange a meeting with a counsellor. Sometimes I feel really stupid about the whole thing and not really sure if there is something different about me. Other times I'll be crying to myself about it. At the moment I feel 'normal' but I know that later I may feel completely different. I really, really hope to overcome whatever it is that I have.

Thanks for reading.

Pliny

That's the same reason I joined! I would say welcome aboard but, well that would be plagiarism =)

Livingwithoutlivin

I have felt the same way as you have OP... and don't worry, things do tend to get better. But realize that the more you persist in that which contributes to your future, the better you will feel.

I am in college right now, and I don't like being here, but you know what? I'm willing to persist and if there is any one goal I have in my life that is a definite one, it is to obtain a BS in something. So I'm determined to do it, and that will be the central goal of my life, and to do that I must be persistent.

I'm willing to study the rest of my life and find pleasure in seeing high scores on my way to making this goal a reality.

CoyoteX

I think the thought 'I feel stupid about this' is the reason a lot of people don't seek treatment. It may seem like a minor and petty thing to be concerned about in the grand scheme of things, but if it's affecting your life, then it should be your top priority and concern to get better. It is a real issue, and nothing to be ashamed about. It's not even you, it's misguided and misleading thoughts that are making you feel and act a certain way that need to be examined and treated. It may seem silly, but leading a life of denial and escapism are far more detrimental and costly. You only have one life, and one opportunity to take charge.