"Hello to all you Yankee's"

iamthenra

"May I also ask you a question Iamthenra" do you also experience the same negative thoughts that I have when it comes to being around people?.

Yes you may, and I am happy to answer your question as well... The answer is yes. I do feel like everyone is judging me and looking at what a fool I am doing whatever it is I am doing. I remember one time I decided to go to church and a nice looking lady sat next to me, my heart almost exploded through my chest. I felt a panic attack coming on, and it felt like someone was clamping their fist around my neck. Next thing I knew I was getting up and walking/running out of the building. Anxiety / panic is a horrible feeling to have. I have lived with it for as long as I can remember.

In all honesty I am jealous, you found a partner...I am happy for you!

Fear of people

Yes you may, and I am happy to answer your question as well... The answer is yes. I do feel like everyone is judging me and looking at what a fool I am doing whatever it is I am doing. I remember one time I decided to go to church and a nice looking lady sat next to me, my heart almost exploded through my chest. I felt a panic attack coming on, and it felt like someone was clamping their fist around my neck. Next thing I knew I was getting up and walking/running out of the building. Anxiety / panic is a horrible feeling to have. I have lived with it for as long as I can remember.

In all honesty I am jealous, you found a partner...I am happy for you!
"Hello Iamthenra" I can assure you...that you have nothing to be jealous about as I am sure one day" you shall find yourself a nice lady who you can share your life with also.

Judging by your picture" and in my opinion...I think you are a handsome looking fellow to tell you the truth.

However you and I have one thing in common and that being..."both you and I suffer from SP and knowing how hard life can be for us out there in the big wide world and to be accepted by others who have know idea how you and I are feeling or the restrictions that you and I place on ourselves.

But remember one thing Iamthenra" you are not alone by a long shot. Whenever you feel anxious when out in public"... remember I also feel the same negative thoughts as what you do when ever I am around people.

It was nice chatting with you Iamthenra.

Fear of people

insulting and baiting people into "firey arguements", a kind of trolling

*note

the flamer has been red carded
"Hello Remus" and thankyou for getting back to me on the question "what does flaming mean".

However seeing that I am new to this site" the last thing I intended to do...is to get on the wrong side of your foot as you being a moderator.

My intentions was not to hurt anybody's feelings in anyway for that matter"...however I was also offended in a remark what was left by a J M posted to me under this thread.

For one thing Remus" I do not appreciate being called a small-minded prick either...just because I did not reply back to this person in the time this person wanted me to do so as I may have been too busy at the time to reply back to threads like J M.

I also joined this site for a little support for SP not to get abused in anyway either.

I apologise to any person whom I may have offended...however I was also offended by the remark left behind that I have stated.

I think it is great that there is a moderator like yourself Remus who monitors comments left behind by members of Social Phobia world.

I hope now that this issue has been solved Remus" and from now on I shall be more careful in what I write...but also should apply to everyone else also.

I hope to hear back from you Remus and bye for now.

iamthenra

"Hello Iamthenra" I can assure you...that you have nothing to be jealous about as I am sure one day" you shall find yourself a nice lady who you can share your life with also.

Judging by your picture" and in my opinion...I think you are a handsome looking fellow to tell you the truth.

However you and I have one thing in common and that being..."both you and I suffer from SP and knowing how hard life can be for us out there in the big wide world and to be accepted by others who have know idea how you and I are feeling or the restrictions that you and I place on ourselves.

But remember one thing Iamthenra" you are not alone by a long shot. Whenever you feel anxious when out in public"... remember I also feel the same negative thoughts as what you do when ever I am around people.

It was nice chatting with you Iamthenra.

Thank you fear of people! That was very sweet of you to say that about me! I know you mean well, but after 40 years of not having a girl friend. I have kind of given up hope in that regard of ever finding someone.

Also, I have to say that you are mad at J.M. But in his defense, I believe you misunderstood his comment. His comment was directed towards Noca. They were arguing back and forth between themselves and his comments were not directed to you at all. I just don't want you to feel bad because of what he said. If you go back and look at it from the start you will see that he even quoted Noca and JM was just replying to him. I hope I made sense? If not, let me know and I will try to clarify it...

Yes it was very nice chatting with you Fear of People! You are a very nice person... And yes, I am still jealous of you...sorry? Talk to you soon!

Fear of people

Thank you fear of people! That was very sweet of you to say that about me! I know you mean well, but after 40 years of not having a girl friend. I have kind of given up hope in that regard of ever finding someone.

Also, I have to say that you are mad at J.M. But in his defense, I believe you misunderstood his comment. His comment was directed towards Noca. They were arguing back and forth between themselves and his comments were not directed to you at all. I just don't want you to feel bad because of what he said. If you go back and look at it from the start you will see that he even quoted Noca and JM was just replying to him. I hope I made sense? If not, let me know and I will try to clarify it...

Yes it was very nice chatting with you Fear of People! You are a very nice person... And yes, I am still jealous of you...sorry? Talk to you soon!
"Hello again Iamthenra" I do believe that I do owe J M an apology after all" I honestly believed the comment was aimed at me and not to Noca.

However I do appreciate you helping me to clear this issue up somewhat.

I shall apologise to J M for believing that the comment was aimed at me not at Noca.

Thankyou Iamthenra.

Fear of people

And thus you confirm your ignorance. It's no wonder why you have social problems. It's nothing complicated, you're just a small-minded prick.

I don't know if I want to post here now. I didn't think it would be a place that attracted snooty elitists like this.
"Hello J M" I believe that I owe you an apology as I actually believed that the comment you had made just recently small-minded P***K was aimed at me not to Noca.

I am deeply sorry if I have hurt your feelings in anyway... as I did not seem to realise at the time that the comment was made towards Noca instead.

So sorry J M!

Remus

Staff member
"Hello Remus" and thankyou for getting back to me on the question "what does flaming mean".

However seeing that I am new to this site" the last thing I intended to do...is to get on the wrong side of your foot as you being a moderator.

My intentions was not to hurt anybody's feelings in anyway for that matter"...however I was also offended in a remark what was left by a J M posted to me under this thread.

For one thing Remus" I do not appreciate being called a small-minded prick either...just because I did not reply back to this person in the time this person wanted me to do so as I may have been too busy at the time to reply back to threads like J M.

I also joined this site for a little support for SP not to get abused in anyway either.

I apologise to any person whom I may have offended...however I was also offended by the remark left behind that I have stated.

I think it is great that there is a moderator like yourself Remus who monitors comments left behind by members of Social Phobia world.

I hope now that this issue has been solved Remus" and from now on I shall be more careful in what I write...but also should apply to everyone else also.

I hope to hear back from you Remus and bye for now.

If you check back on this thread you can see I "red carded" or gave an infraction to a member and issued a warning on this thread, it was not directed at you, in future if you have problems with moderating, PM one of us (it's stated in the forum rules)

Fear of people

If you check back on this thread you can see I "red carded" or gave an infraction to a member and issued a warning on this thread, it was not directed at you, in future if you have problems with moderating, PM one of us (it's stated in the forum rules)
"Hello Remus" I appreciate you applying back to me and to help solve the issue that I had.

As I am new to this site,the last thing I need right now is to be red carded. I must of got my wires crossed some where along the line and had caused me a little bit of confusion.

I also made an apology to J M for believing that the comment made" small-minded p...k" was aimed at me...however was actually pointed towards Noca instead.. as what I can now see on the thread.

Also another member had pointed out that the comment made was not pointed directly towards me either.

I am so glad this issue is now cleared up once and for all Remus and I also like you to know" that I am happy to have joined SP and have in fact met some nice people along the way whom I can keep in contact with.

Fear of people

"Hello Iamthenra" I would like to say thankyou for Befriending me" That is so kind and thoughtful of you and I have accepted your offer.

I would like to befriend you also...however as I am new to this site" how do I go about this.. as I am not sure how to befriend someone in return.

Hope to hear from you soon Iamthenra.

iamthenra

"Hello Iamthenra" I would like to say thankyou for Befriending me" That is so kind and thoughtful of you and I have accepted your offer.

I would like to befriend you also...however as I am new to this site" how do I go about this.. as I am not sure how to befriend someone in return.

Hope to hear from you soon Iamthenra.

Hi Fear of People, It looks like you have figured out how to accept the "friend" offer. I am glad that you accepted, you are a very nice person. And I am glad to have met you! A person can always use more friends in their life.

Also as a side note... I know that the term "Yankee" to most people outside the states refers to anyone from the states. But here in the USA, the term Yankee refers to us Northern folk verses people from the South. I believe that dates back to our civil war. The confederate army was from the 11 Southern slave states and the Union states or the Northern states fought against the southern states or confederate states. It was a war over slavery. The South wanted slavery, but the North didn't which was lead by the president Abe Lincoln... So the people who were from the Union or Northern states were refereed to as "Yankee's". That's about all I know of it... Just a little bit of history, where the term Yankee comes from...;)

2Crowded

Yes Yankee is really not a correct term for all of us Americans...but its ok really cause it's understandable that people from other countries might not have researched or did study on american history.

I guess however in my case I would be known as a Yankee cause im from one of the Northern states :) ...people that live in the south sometimes refer to people up this way as Yankee's but really we are all just Americans now.

Fear of people

Hi Fear of People, It looks like you have figured out how to accept the "friend" offer. I am glad that you accepted, you are a very nice person. And I am glad to have met you! A person can always use more friends in their life.

Also as a side note... I know that the term "Yankee" to most people outside the states refers to anyone from the states. But here in the USA, the term Yankee refers to us Northern folk verses people from the South. I believe that dates back to our civil war. The confederate army was from the 11 Southern slave states and the Union states or the Northern states fought against the southern states or confederate states. It was a war over slavery. The South wanted slavery, but the North didn't which was lead by the president Abe Lincoln... So the people who were from the Union or Northern states were refereed to as "Yankee's". That's about all I know of it... Just a little bit of history, where the term Yankee comes from...;)
"Thankyou Iamthenra" for a little bit of History on America. However most Aussies believe that the word Yankee refers to as an ordinary American such as myself.

It is the same as someone who resides in the United Kingdon...known as a Pom and same goes for anyone who lives in Australia an Aussie.

I was actually born in the UK myself...but moved out to Australia with my parents when I was only 6 months of age... and have been an Australian citizen since the age of 18.

Obviously I would not have remembered anything about England due to being only 6 months old at the time before moving out to Australia with my parents to start a new life.

Yes I do agree with you... it is nice to have at least a few friends in your life so you do not feel so isolated and not having that lonely feeling that no one cares about you.

I shall talk to you again soon" till then bye for now my friend.

Fear of people

Yes Yankee is really not a correct term for all of us Americans...but its ok really cause it's understandable that people from other countries might not have researched or did study on american history.

I guess however in my case I would be known as a Yankee cause im from one of the Northern states :) ...people that live in the south sometimes refer to people up this way as Yankee's but really we are all just Americans now.
"Hello 2crowded" Yes I agree with you also on the fact that most people who live outside of the united states do not understand what the term Yankee means...including myself as I do not know much about the American history for one thing.

I always thought the word Yankee meant an ordinary American...most Aussies think the same as what I do when it comes to the word Yankee.