"Hello to all you Yankee's"

Fear of people

"Goodday" to all you Americans out there" I have just joined this awesome web site myself just a week ago and I hope this site can help me overcome my social phobia syndrome.

I currently live in Sydney Australia and I am happily married for one. I have never travelled yet to the states myself... even though it has always been a dream of mine to do so.

I would love to visit New York city (THE BIG APPLE) and places like Texas...Los Angeles...San Francisco...just to name a few.

Australian's like myself love the Americans and there accent's. We get so many American tourists visiting Sydney and other parts of Australia also.

I often surf at the world's famous Bondi beach...one of the many popular tourist attractions in Sydney itself as I live only minutes from there. However due to my social phobia I try to find an area on the beach where I can surf by myself without hardly any people around as I fear that people will only stare at me in the way that I surf.

If any of you Americans have the money to travel around the world" Australia should be on your "wish list" of countries to see... as it is most beautiful and I myself would not choose to live anywhere else in the world but down under.

If any of you have any plans to visit Australia the seasons are as follows?
SUMMER:December till February.
AUTUM: March till May.
WINTER:June till August.
Spring:September till November.

Other popular tourists spots in Australia are the AIRDS ROCK in the Australian outback (THE NORTHERN TERRITORY).

CAIRNS up the far north east coast of Queensland...the SUNSHINE GOLD COAST also on the east coast of Australia.

THE GREAT BARRIER REEF is just one of the many great tourist destinations off the eastern coast of Australia. Also you have THE GREAT KEPPLE ISLANDS...FRAZER ISLAND...THE WHIT SUNDAY PASSAGE and LORD HOWE ISLAND all located off the east coast of Australia.

Queensland is called the sunshine state of Australia (BEAUTIFULL ONE DAY" PERFECT THE NEXT). I have been lucky enough to had the money to travel around Australia 2 times so far. All of the places that I have mentioned above "I would have to say" are the most beautifull destinations you can visit in Australia.

Mind you"Australia does get very hot in the summer months" through out December to February. The Northern Territory is the hottest place to visit during the summer months of course. DARWIN is a nice place to visit up in the top end of Australia where it is famous for a pub called" (THE PUB WITH NO BEER).

Then you have the other side of Australia as well (WESTERN AUSTRALIA).
Places like PERTH...I like visiting MARBLE BAR over in WA.

Well I thought it would be nice to share a little bit of Australia with you.
and if you have the money to do so" come and pay us a visit down under"
You will have the time of your life I can guarantee It.

Fear of people

Yes I have an extreme fear of people when It comes to social gatherings such as christmas time and so on. I dread the thought of being trapped inside a place full of people and knowing that it is hard for me to escape from.

I try to avoid such places where there are a lot's of people...such as shopping centres and parks or where ever there are large gatherings in the fear of being stared at or in any situation where I know... that I may have to start a conversation with someone and at the same time... fearing the person who I am about to have a conversation with... might sense my anxiety
In the way that this person may be thinking that I am weird or that I am just plain shy and these are the thoughts that I am feeling inside my mind when ever I am approached by someone... or have a conversation with... who I do not feel comfortable with.

Ericisme

Theres much better people to have as role models than Americans..

15 million out of 300 million Americans have some form of social anxiety. Uh, better people? Sure, but no people are good role models for this. Just stick to like animals as role models. People make you the way you are, I'm sure, don't use them as role models.

2Crowded

America has some nice people....& some not so nice people in it...not unlike any other country in the world.

Im sure there are some nice Canadians in Canada

I like the way you guys talk that are from down under...welcome Fear of People

J_M

and ill continue doing it thankyou

And thus you confirm your ignorance. It's no wonder why you have social problems. It's nothing complicated, you're just a small-minded prick.

I don't know if I want to post here now. I didn't think it would be a place that attracted snooty elitists like this.

Noca

Banned
And thus you confirm your ignorance. It's no wonder why you have social problems. It's nothing complicated, you're just a small-minded prick.

I don't know if I want to post here now. I didn't think it would be a place that attracted snooty elitists like this.

Haha, on your best day you're not as smart as me on my worst day while im asleep thanks. Silly American, tricks are for kids.

Fear of people

"Hello 2crowded" Yes us Aussies are a wonderfull bunch of people and I for one love the Americans and most of all the Yankee accent. I am truly facinated with the American accent especially those who live in the deep south or Texas.

Have you ever visited Australia 2crowded?. If not" you are missing out on seeing a beautiful country for one thing. Sydney is where you find a lot of American tourists due to its nice beaches...one being Bondi beach is where I like to go for a surf.

You find also a lot of American tourists visiting the Northern Territory... famous for it's Airds Rock which is quite massive in size and is bright red in colour.

The Australian outback is the most popular tourist destination for overseas tourists...however it is important to carry a lot of water with you and to wear a light T-shirt and hat at all times as it can reach up to 44 degrees in the summer months between December and February.

Well it was nice chatting with you 2crowded and I shall keep in contact with you.

Fear of people

"Hello J M" Sorry I did not get back to you sooner" However it has nothing to do with ignorance for one thing. I have been busy lately and I reply back to people when ever I have the time too.

I do not appreciate you calling me a small minded prick for one thing. I think it would be best that you and I do not bother with one another if you are going to have that kind of attitude... unless you are willing to apologise to me for what you have said.

Fear of people

Haha, on your best day you're not as smart as me on my worst day while im asleep thanks. Silly American, tricks are for kids.
"Hello Noca" Like I mentioned to J M...I do appreciate people replying back to me and I try to get back to everyone when I have the time too. However name calling is not acceptable on this site. Everybody who has joined this site should have read the terms and conditions before registering and one of those conditions were? No abusive language towards one another.

I joined this site so I can share my SA with other's who are experiencing the same emotions as too what I am feeling... but not get abused by others just because I have not replied back in time to which they want me too.

I will keep in contact with only those who show me a little bit of respect only.

Fear of people

15 million out of 300 million Americans have some form of social anxiety. Uh, better people? Sure, but no people are good role models for this. Just stick to like animals as role models. People make you the way you are, I'm sure, don't use them as role models.
"Hello Ericisme" Yes I also find that people who do not suffer from SA do not understand what you and I are going through or what we are feeling in general.

Most of my neighbours look at me as though I am weird or something...because they do not suffer from SA.

People who do not suffer from SA to me take life for granted...they can go out in public without worrying about what other people may be thinking about them.

I suffer from SA so badly that I cannot even do the simpliest things in life such as collecting the mail from my letter box or take out the garbage due to the fear that my neighbours may notice me.

Those who do not suffer from SA live in a different world to what you and I see "don't they Ericisme.

Fear of people

The great barrier reef in AUS is awesome. Wish to visit it someday.
"Hello Punkrotten" Yes the great barrier reef I think is one of many beautiful islands just off the Eastern coast of Australia. I myself have visited the great barrier reef twice so far and both times I have gone scuba diving and you get to see all of the beautifull tropical fish and colourful corals of all different shapes and sizes throughout.

If one day you get to visit oz" the great barrier reef should be on top of your wish list of things to see and do while you are over there.

But there are other beautifull islands you may want to pay a visit to as well such as lord howe island as it is us subtropical as it can get. You can pick and choose what ever you like to eat off the many 6 foot palm trees...such as coconuts...pineapples...bananas and kiwi fruit just to name a few.

Cairns is a popular tourist attraction also...which is located up the far north coast of Queensland and has 5 star hotels for overseas tourists.

Western Australia is also a nice place to visit if you intend and have the money to travel around oz. Perth is a popular tourist spot for overseas travellers and Marble bar just on the outskirts of Perth itself is also popular for visiting.

But if you want to know where the best destinations are to see if you are planning on visiting down under...is the northern territory as you get to see many kangaroos...Dingo's...Wallabies...crocodiles...platapus...ant eaters...foxe's...huge lizards and many more marsupials.

Sydney of course is famous for it's opera house and harbour bridge and there are plenty of harbour cruises you can choose from for overseas visitors to cruise around Sydney.

Australia is a massive country to see and do and you are going to need a lot of money to see all of oz.

Noca

Banned
"Hello Noca" Like I mentioned to J M...I do appreciate people replying back to me and I try to get back to everyone when I have the time too. However name calling is not acceptable on this site. Everybody who has joined this site should have read the terms and conditions before registering and one of those conditions were? No abusive language towards one another.

I joined this site so I can share my SA with other's who are experiencing the same emotions as too what I am feeling... but not get abused by others just because I have not replied back in time to which they want me too.

I will keep in contact with only those who show me a little bit of respect only.
I like Aussies, just not the average American.

iamthenra

help me overcome my social phobia syndrome.

I am happily married for one.

Hi Fear of people, and welcome to SPW!:D

No offense, and no harm intended. It's just that I am curious, how someone that has SA or SP can still meet enough people to find someone to marry? I ask because of my own situation. I'm 40 years old and have problems meeting anyone, especially good looking single women. I've only been on 3 dates my entire life... So it is out of curiosity that I ask how you were able to find a partner?

Fear of people

Hi Fear of people, and welcome to SPW!:D

No offense, and no harm intended. It's just that I am curious, how someone that has SA or SP can still meet enough people to find someone to marry? I ask because of my own situation. I'm 40 years old and have problems meeting anyone, especially good looking single women. I've only been on 3 dates my entire life... So it is out of curiosity that I ask how you were able to find a partner?
"Hello Iamthenra...I am happy to answer your question". Before I had met my husband, I did not suffer from SA at the time I was dating him or on that special day I had married him.

My SA came on all of the sudden for no apparent reason and I still do not know what had triggered this life ruining phobia of mine.

Since losing my job back in 2005...this is when I noticed my SA became a lot worse compared too when I was working at Sydney's mascot airport my SA wasn't as bad at that stage. However I had an idea at the time when I was working...that I was suffering from SA due to the fact that I started to become anxious around people with whom I had been working with and started to have shy like symptoms such as not making eye contact when my workmates had started a conversation with me.

I started to get daily tension headaches at work due to worrying what other people may be thinking about me and got to the point that I started to dread morning and afternoon tea breaks due to the fact this is when everyone sits down together to have a chat about things and this is when I started to worry about what other people were thinking about me and at the same time It felt as though everybody were staring at me even though it was probably all in my head at the time.

I started to go to extremes having to avoid sitting down with my workmates at morning and lunch time breaks...basicly due to the fear and the negative thoughts that I use to experience of people staring at me or wondering what they may be thinking about me. I then started to sit by myself as to avoid the stress that I use to feel during my morning and afternoon tea breaks.

This SA got so bad in the end... that I started taking days off work as to avoid the stress's... believing that people are staring or critising how I do my work. In the end though, my boss had sacked me for taking too much time off and all due to my phobia of people.

I have not held a full time job since 2005 due to SA. Even though I prefer to have a full time job so I can be financially secure for the future" ...however due to the fear of being around people and constantly worrying about what other people may be thinking of me...I prefer to stay at home in my comfort zone.

May I also ask you a question Iamthenra" do you also experience the same negative thoughts that I have when it comes to being around people?.