Have you every had a girlfriend/boyfriend?

iamthenra

No, I have never had a girlfriend. I'll be 41 this year. I've been on 3 dates my entire life, and not even a kiss... Pathetic, eh? Fear and depression keeps me single. I fear people, and because I am single I get depressed. It's rather hopeless. ::(: I too want to get married, and I would do anything to please my wife, if it were to ever happen that is... Dare to dream.

Last edited:
I've had a lot of boyfriends. It's ironic, really. Even compared to people without SA, I've had many more boyfriends.

Only two were serious (lasting a 9 months to a year), but those two were severely screwed up. I was actually engaged to one of them, until he beat me. He thought I was acting like a whore at one of his parties, so he beat me in front of everyone and called my best friend crying about it. I was an idiot, went back to him, and he repeated that basic scenario several times. I ended up in the hospital twice.
Not quite all it's cracked up to be.
Shouldn't have gone back to him, but he was my only friend, my first love, and the only person who seemed to really understand me until he took "a turn for the worse".

The other serious boyfriend landed me in the county prison because he also beat me and when I fought back he called the authorities. He was more calm than me (I was rather shaken up and scared and - of course - I have SA so I clammed up and panicked) so I was arrested. My trial begins the day after tomorrow, and this happened six months ago.

My most recent boyfriend was one of the most "popular" guys that I went to school with. He asked me out right after I got out of the above terrible relationship, but after a few weeks, maybe a month, I realized I couldn't handle a relationship... and he decided at about the same time that I had been "too damaged". We mutually agreed to just stop seeing each other, though I was secretly very pissed that he had the nerve to call me "damaged" and I hope to never see him again.

I'd say wait until you find someone truly amazing, but my fiance was truly amazing. He snapped when things got complicated, though, 2 and a half years later. So now I can only say, be cautious and don't just date because you feel that it's something you "should" have done by now or "should" currently be doing.

PhantomPod

I'm 22 years old and I've never had a boyfriend. I really want one though. I would just love to get married one day and start a family and have a nice house with a white picket fence. What a dream.....

Cynic

he beat me in front of everyone and called my best friend crying about it.
<snip>
he was my only friend
A bit of a contradiction there. ;)

The other serious boyfriend landed me in the county prison because he also beat me and when I fought back he called the authorities. He was more calm than me (I was rather shaken up and scared and - of course - I have SA so I clammed up and panicked) so I was arrested. My trial begins the day after tomorrow, and this happened six months ago.
Sounds just like the British justice system. :rolleyes: All the best with it.

he decided at about the same time that I had been "too damaged".
While I can't speak for you or anyone else, I can safely say for certain that I am too damaged to be worthy of anyone.

I have never had a girlfriend and i really feel i want one but i cant because of my shyness,i just want someone to love its not fair,i feel like i am left out because i dont have a girlfriend and i see other college students with them.

You Iranian? Cool. I'm learning Persian (or at least trying) :)

talisman

I've had two 'online relationships', but nothing that most people would count as a relationship. Only even met one of them in 'real life' and that was afterwards.

stand_up

I had online relationships too,.. as they were much easier for me to gain. I think those relationships are just as significant as any other...if the feelings we feel are real.

Outside the internet though, I have showed many girls that I was interested in them before, but I dont know why none of them even really gave me a chance.... maybe they thought I was too quiet and weird. I honestly felt like the good guy that came last every single time.

Well I'm glad I got rejected all those times, otherwise I might not be with the someone I am with now. I got my first girlfriend when I was 21 and we are still together to this day. I am 26 now

Being the good guy that always comes last ....is not a bad thing after all... I get the best in the end. :)

Last edited:

iamthenra

I had online relationships too,.. as they were much easier for me to gain. I think those relationships are just as significant as any other...if the feelings we feel are real.

Outside the internet though, I have showed many girls that I was interested in them before, but I dont know why none of them even really gave me a chance.... maybe they thought I was too quiet and weird. I honestly felt like the good guy that came last every single time.

Well I'm glad I got rejected all those times, otherwise I might not be with the someone I am with now. I got my first girlfriend when I was 21 and we are still together to this day. I am 26 now

Being the good guy that always comes last ....is not a bad thing after all... I get the best in the end. :)

I'm happy for you! Way to go!

Just curious though, how would you rate your SA or SP, or don't you have it? On a scale of 0 through 10, and 10 being severe and zero being nothing... Just curious is all...

I also consider myself one of the few "good guys" out there... But that is my problem, I just never get "out there". Except for the few times that I have tried online dating, which did result in only 3 dates over a course of 10 years.. Fear, has taken over me. Now that I am 40, I am a mess.... Because nobody wants an old 40 year old guy, who is over weight, has asthma and all my other problems... I would give up all my worldly possessions for a wife.

stacywang

i am in relationship now. And before him, I also had one boyfriend. I met both of them via internet dating. That's amazing.

sesh

Banned
I'm 16 and i've never had any form of relationship with a girl... When i was at secondary school my life was s***... Bullying everyday, no one would want to hang around with me.
I just never fitted in.
My tastes were so different from everybody elses that i was picked on because of it.
The kids at my school were all into family guy and listening to their favourite band which happened to be gangsta rap rubbish.
But for me i was into futurama and listening to space which made some great songs including female of the speices.

neko

I haven't had many relationships and all of them weren't serious stuff and felt awkward. So you could say the relationship I'm in now is the only real one I've been in.

overcome.

i've had 3 girlfriends, i'm 18. i had my first girlfriend over a year ago, i thought due to SA i would be doomed for quite a long time. it's only my third relationship that ended due to SA, but mainly agoraphobia. other than that, my relationships haven't been too bad. everything worked well (with anxiety still occuring), for meeting up, going out together, doing things couples do, having sex.

for anybody that has hope, keep hoping, and keep making small little steps, because one day it will work for you. when i get past agoraphobia, which i will, it will happen for me. i only want to be with the right person i can connect with though, really love and care for, i found out the last girl i was with just wanted to have sex (including the first date, which almost happened). i'm sure there's some nice enough girls out there though :)

CPA23

I'm 24 and have never had a girlfriend. I have girls who have been interested in me and I have also been interested in other girls but I never pursued them because I had all the "what ifs" in my mind and I would not know the first thing to say. However, I am a little more confident now than I was at 18 when I first began college.

overcome.

Haha. Where did you meet them? -- The time. When did you meet them?

two i got speaking to online through facebook, and after a while (liking them both a lot), i plucked up the courage to finally meet up with them. another i met at my best friends 18th birthday party, we got speaking, ended up meeting more. the first time i met up with her i had to pretend i'd lost something and was like "brb", and was immediately sick, lol. anxiety kicking in, not pleasant.