Have you every had a girlfriend/boyfriend?

klytus

two i got speaking to online through facebook, and after a while (liking them both a lot), i plucked up the courage to finally meet up with them.
See, that's something that I could only very seldom want. I don't lack the courage to ask someone out - but I lack the attraction. I have met countless women online, talked to them a lot, they shared lots of intimate details of theirs with me, but I have never felt romantically attracted to them. I have once been in a purely online relationship out of pity for the person. In real-life, women just don't feel like talking to me at all. I am not "fun to be around". Plus that I don't want to have time at all for meeting up. I could read a textbook instead or chat a couple of lines and be just as content with my life.

Another factor that contributes to my being single is the lack of diversity - I have no friends at all, I don't talk to anyone in real-life except my mother. Therefore there are no easy ways for meeting a large enough number of people to eventually befriend some of them.

Last edited:

overcome.

See, that's something that I could only very seldom want. I don't lack the courage to ask someone out - but I lack the attraction. I have met countless women online, talked to them a lot, they shared lots of intimate details of theirs with me, but I have never felt romantically attracted to them. I have once been in a purely online relationship out of pity.

well i found the two girls very attractive seeing them round college, as we had mutual friends, after ages i thought i'd add them and speak to them. the first girl i was with, i told her everything about anxiety and she said how she really likes me, and wants to do everything at my pace so i feel comfortable.

they weren't online relationships. i was very intimate with the first one, i mean love-wise, not sex, but that happened with both too.

i don't suffer from SA that much, it's mainly anxiety in general and agoraphobia.

overcome.

i can understand perfectly what you mean about the not wanting to put the time in, and not being bothered about it. after all the way i saw it, i didn't quite like the girl enough to put myself through constant anxiety/stress, and that agoraphobia was starting to get pretty bad.

i wasn't bothered either, bit of a shame, but the connection wasn't quite there between us. the way i saw it, i appreciated i didn't have to dedicate the time to her, as lovely a girl as she was/is, it wasn't worth the stress at the time.

FOR REAL

Banned
ive got a girlfriend but she costs me £1.50 per minute on the phone.

on a serious note ive had quite a few in the past but not in the last 5 years, i find it hard to trust people these days.
i remember talking to a friend a few years ago, i said something like, im only going to have another gf if shes the same as me!
and she said "your going to find that rather difficult" i burst out laughing cause i thought that was a funny answer.

laughter is the key to happiness (i actually stole that line from someone else on here but i reckon its true)

Richey

I really do feel for those who have yet to experience making out with someone whom you have a crush on and visa versa where you've been friends and its all just been building up, its an incredible tingling adreniline rush!

use that as a motivation. its not beyond anybody to experience this either and just because you may be shy and you feel that you can't even make friends if you try then it'll happen sooner then you think.

same goes for eveything, exercise, learning a skill, taking on a challenge, if you've never experienced then you tend to magnify this huge fear and disbelief in yourself that is way out of proprtion.

Last edited:

pufferfish

i have had two serious boyfriends; neither online. (i think that online relationships are very far from the real thing.)
i am dating my second serious boyfriend now, we have been together a year and a bit. i have a lot of issues surrounding relationships though, especially since my ex. my current knows about my relationship problems though, things are going.. shaky, but still forward :)

i think that relationships are a really important part to life. i feel for people who haven't experienced this; but i also think that people who have never been in a relationship before have unrealistic expectations of what it's going to be like.. it isn't all happy and love and romance. take some advice; if you do find someone who is able to tolerate you, don't always follow your feelings. follow your head sometimes; because feelings are funny and fleeting... don't lose your prince charming because for a few days you are having some really shit feelings.

cainke

I've been dating a guy for almost a year now ( in september)
It's weird because he's really outgoing, and loves meeting new people.
He doesn't get why I avoid situations like I do, he thinks its kind of funny.

He's the complete opposite of me....hes majoring in public speaking, and photojournalism...
He plays football..., can make conversation with anyone, loves acting, was in tons of speech competitions in high school....

I guess he like shy girls?

I didn't start taking until I was 18..., I've had 3 boyfriends now. The 2 before lasted a month, and one was about 4 months.

LycraPantiies92

sure id replied 2 this but seems not
im nt gud enough 4 any1. so no wunder no1 gives a crap.
scum. of the fuking earth. iv given up anyway. cant make friends. cant get anything better,. its all a joke. ill be deadd befor i get a friend. just not worth it

overcome.

I guess he like shy girls?

i certainly find shy girls very attractive, i guess quite a few people do. as a guy of 18, i'd rather have a shy girl that keeps to herself, than an overly forward girl. it's general preference, i'd love a shy petite girl that's cute, rather than a long legged tall blonde for instance thats forward/very confident. although petite would look funny with me haha, as i'm 6"4.

Myself

Well, it depends how you think of it for me, really.

I went out with my male best friend when I was in Year 6, which was when we were 11, and it ended before I turned 12 in Year 7, after we fell out and drifted for good. I still miss him now sometimes.

But since then I haven't had a boyfriend. Sometimes I think I've never had a boyfriend because we weren't really mature.

Adammm

I'm 20 and have never had a girlfriend. It gets me down quite a bit sometimes, and i tend to feel jealous of people of the same age who have had several bf/gfs (i hate it when friends start talking about past relationships!). Up until the age of around 17 or 18 i suffered from selective mutism which meant because i couldn't talk to anyone a relationship was not possible with a girl. Since then i've started talking, and in the past few years i've managed to build a fairly decent social life and a lot of my shyness/anxieties have gone away or became a lot less severe. But i still haven't really come close to getting a girlfriend or even dating anyone.

There's been a couple of girls i've liked in the past but i have always been to afraid to ask them out as i have a huge fear of rejection. There's one girl i like at the moment, who i've liked for nearly a year and have became really good friends with, but she hasn't shown any interest in me (though to be fair i've been to afraid to show any interest in her :rolleyes:). It gets me down so much to think that i don't really have any chance with her, and i really wish i could just stop liking her.

Anyway, i'm really hoping my situation improves soon. I'd hate to leave uni without having at least one relationship, i'd even be happy if i could just date a girl a bit without things getting serious between us. I've actually been finding it a bit easier to meet new people lately than at any point in the past, so i really hope i can meet someone i like who likes me back sometime in the near future.

Sorry for the long post btw, started getting into a bit of a rant about everything ahaha.

Myself

^ Good luck! :)
You're 20. There's plenty of time! And you say you're getting over your shyness and anxiety, so keep trying. Try getting closer to this girl, because girls aren't psychic's either. lol.

Jesushasomeoneforme

I feel hopeless. At times I feel Jesus has someomne for me. I worry he'll take her and give her to someone else. Never got girlfriend that I was interested in. I feel I'm not good enough. Is there hope?