Have you came up with the notions that people are evil?

RaphialLee

I trys my hardest to prove myself wrong but every time I open myself up I get hurt over and over again. I hate being right about how people behave and the way they treat other. They just cannot prove to me that they are people who isn't toothfaced. I'm at the point where I don't know where to go or to do. I try getting help but the psycolitrist don't under stand my issue. I went everywhere.

jaim38

Yeah, I used to believe that some people are born evil while others aren't. Now I know it's a messed up view of the world. Over the years, I've tried to see the good in other people but bad stuff kept on happening to me so I ended up noticing the bad qualities of people. I'm also scared of opening myself up to people or getting too close to them because I don't want to get hurt, again.

buggy

I've always thought that people were evil and sadistic and just hide it to get along in so many words. Yet the last few years I've come to realize that people aren't necessarily bad, it's just they tend to give back to you what you give them. It's easy to get lost in a hateful spiral because someone rejects you and you end up hating people more which leads to more rejection. However if you can learn to have a positive outlook in life it will help soo much... even the simple act of smiling to those around you can make people like you a lot more. it all comes down to in the end having confidence and knowing that if people treat you like ass then that's their issue not yours. I mean I'm not saying that there aren't bad folk out there who hurt eachother but there are plenty of nice people too.

Steppen-Wolf

Almost any human is capable of both "good" and "evil", and most of us will do many things that will fit both categories during our lifetimes.

The key is to be capable to accurately judge a person's intentions before becoming too engaged. This is both an art and a science.

coyote

why limit your vision of the world to this...

green_monitor.gif

when it looks like this?...

coral_reef.jpg

not only are all people in the world collectively not all good or all evil,

but each individual person in the world is not individually all good or all evil.

just as everyone has some good qualities,

everyone also has some flaws and imperfections,

and sometimes those are the best parts about them.

Last edited:

mikebird

Banned
I often think that I am so luck that I haven't been attacked in the street or subway, after living in so many different places, in the day or at night. I've felt at times that I've been part of a special social circle of ten or so, when we go out until the early hours, thinking of a way to get home afterwards, eg. London when all stations are closed. This is when I'd feel the possibility to have power amongst us to make the most of awkward situation - I mean positive - altogether - an adventure. I can see what can be done when there are a lot of us... rob someone.. a beggar... laugh at others. We never have.

When I see such a pack of people when I'm alone, or when just 2 or three of us, it's obvious it's possible to take advantage of others. Riots, etc. So far I haven't been seriously prone to that

Worst that's happened was a sailing flotilla holiday around the Turkish south coast. A formal family, who wouldn't join me for a night out at a nightclub. I spoke to some blokes outside for a moment, and we struggled with language, of course. I can't remember the physical details, but probably knocked over and robbed of my wallet. Easy to take advantage, with a quick reach for what's in the pockets. Taking all the cards and a bit of cash makes life generally survivable with card ID security, but a big knock of personal safety. I just feel lucky that so far I haven't had my nose broken yet.

After a night out, a few of us used to find bottles of milk on the porch and pour it over cars. No damage, but we thought it might be smelly the next day. That's more entertainment than TV.

I was robbed while at work by a previous girlfriend who had the keys after we split, probably accompanied by her new man. I returned home and it took me hours to realise all my DVDs and consoles and games were gone, and my favourite rucksack disappeared. I had no idea who might have done it, but there was no damage on entry - so that's magic. I immediately changed the locks. I didn't lose any big stuff, like the TV, or kitchen appliances.

Bad things do happen. There are losers and winners

Overall, I just wish I could hold down any job. The evil are recruiters and employers, who think they're smart. I would have coped so much better with life if I kept a good job, able to go on holidays again, even if I'd suffered a nasty accident and brought into hospital on a stretcher

jaim38

^Sorry that you have to go through being robbed several times. It's hard to see the good in people when you experience negative situations. We are all influenced by emotions and personal experiences. But coyote makes a good point.

JackOfSpades

I've often felt a lot of people are two faced, too. But many are not. And I've realized lately how true it is that people are so varied and how many kinds of people there are. Some of these people I wouldn't have found myself talking to at one point in my life, but now they breathe a new perspective and new ideas into it.

Maybe you're pursuing the wrong people, or even finding some harmful qualities about them attractive- that's not incredibly uncommon and sometimes we don't realize when we do this.

Don't give up and don't blame the world. Reevaluate how you see the problem and how you're tackling it. And find a way the puzzle makes sense.

People as a collective aren't evil unless, you yourself, are evil. Which you're not. The impression we get from people isn't always their fault. Sometimes we, me included, emulate things upon them to make them less appealing/trustworthy, so we can have an excuse not to trust them.

We're not mind readers, so trust is always a risk. But it's a risk for everyone. If someone wants to trust you, it means they care enough to risk get hurt. At that point you can choose to either push them away, or expose yourself to the same risk.

OceanMist

Everyone has an evil side.

I believe satan is everywhere. You can't miss him. The world is full of him.

All you can do is try to find good in the world long enough to make the world bareable.

Everyone is twofaced in some kind of way. This reminds me of this date I just went on. The woman was so nice over the phone then i get to her house and I had to deal with the devil. People that appear nice definitely aren't always nice.