have to be liked by everyone.

planetweirdo

Do anyone else feel like they just have to be liked by everyone, and can't stand knowing that someone you know just don't like you?:sad:

jaim38

I used to feel this way. Even a single person hating me can bring me down to my knees. I didn't have a spine back then. But it's impossible to please everyone. Some people might never like you for whatever reason. It could be your looks, race, fashion, or even the way you speak. Now I try not to care about the people who don't like me. I focus on the ones who do.

MikeyC

I used to feel this way. Even a single person hating me can bring me down to my knees. I didn't have a spine back then. But it's impossible to please everyone. Some people might never like you for whatever reason. It could be your looks, race, fashion, or even the way you speak. Now I try not to care about the people who don't like me. I focus on the ones who do.
This is a good sentiment.

I still have no spine, and I don't like people hating me. I realise it's impossible to have everyone liking me, but knowing that someone outright hates me never sits well. I'm trying not to care, and I've improved from when I was younger, but it's still an arduous journey.

Kiwong

I tend to focus more on the critics, than the people that are encouraging. Silly that.

psych

Used to care... But have been working with people who don't like me for a long time now. I learned to live with it. I don't like them either.

Phoenixx

I still have no spine, and I don't like people hating me. I realise it's impossible to have everyone liking me, but knowing that someone outright hates me never sits well. I'm trying not to care, and I've improved from when I was younger, but it's still an arduous journey.
^ I'm the same way. It hurts me to know that someone dislikes me, but of course it is impossible to please everybody, just like it's impossible for me to like everyone else and be pleased with them. (I'm very certainly not, and I can be quick to judge at times.) I've been getting better with it, but I still struggle.