Has SocialPhobiaWorld helped your SA?

Has SocialPhobiaWorld helped your SA?

• Total voters

Srijita52

Same here. It takes me while to reply to someone or I don't know how. It's not that I didn't read their response, I just don't know how to respond. It can take me forever to type simple things sometimes.

This is exactly what I do. I want to reply and say something but it takes me forever to come up with it.

this_portrait

Somewhat, yes. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this problem and that I can easily talk to others going through the same things as me with just the click of a mouse.

KiaKaha

Banned
Sort of - Its a good outlet and most people here have pretty good, well intending souls. I get frustrated sometimes with what I perceive to be as trivializing problems and people not 'getting it' or simplifying other peoples posts to the point where it no longer has the original meaning. I also think there is a ****load of sugar coating here, and that people often wont say whats REALLY on their mind for fear of being lynched/unpopular or going against the status quo of SPW or to simply spare the posters feelings (which is a good thing obviously, but a bit of realism would be just as helpful)

but aside from that...yeah its all good.

Last edited:

Alex90cat

Im new here I barely heard of this yesterday ! I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only 1 that suffers with anxiety.Of course, not that it's a good thing but at least we know that we're not alone and were in this together ! Heads up to all my people :)

Srijita52

Im new here I barely heard of this yesterday ! I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only 1 that suffers with anxiety.Of course, not that it's a good thing but at least we know that we're not alone and were in this together ! Heads up to all my people :)
Welcome to the forum Alex :)

Waybuloo

No, it hasn't made anxiety better, and my idea of myself in relation to people has deteriorated. Not to mention the idea of SA and depressive stuff is always on your mind when you visit.

Gaucho

if I'm honest,like i said before, i would say it made it worse. because its a place were i can isolate myself, and i can browse forums for 4 hrs or more and i wouldn't even notice.

Kat

No, it’s good if you can help people but I just don’t know if many on here want help
Ignorance seems to prevail but at least it does bring some awareness.

doesit

if you want to come and cry its a good place here,also its a good place to have a laugh from topics like i never had friends or should i go to this party or how to find a girl and other topics that show up from time to time,only thing is eventually if you are here you realize that you're one of the [sad clowns] in this community with your own mental problems :D its possible to get advice and tips here but besides that if your not seeking proper help or trying to solve your life somehow,this forum gonna be like any other book that once you buy read a bit and leave on the shelf for the rest of its life.

lonely_drummer

I said yes(Slightly). I don't believe there's a definite cure, it's an ongoing battle. I find this site has helped in some ways. It's given me a place to feel accepted and to get things off my mind when there's no one to talk to. But I can see this site doing the opposite for people, hell its happened to me. You can easily fall into a state of constantly logging on and do nothing but bitch and complain which can make u fall even further into depression. If I come on here and just spew out negativity all the time, well it's bound to spill into your life. But that being said its a great place to feel accepted and to not worry about being judged.

SilentBird

SPW provides me with a means to practice communication.

It helps me become more conscious of my problems and therefore I am more conscious of ways of dealing with those problems.

It can be a minor tool from the toolshed used in conjuncting with other tools.

Seeing so many negative posts makes me question my own negativity and try and do the opposite.

speakerheart

Yes, it has.I met my my ex bf on this site a few years ago, annnd since meeting him he's really helped me with my depression and anxiety.Not to mention, Agoraphobia-_- Also, before this site i thought i was alone with how i was feeling or how i behaved.It'a nice to know, that im not alone.

Knireelve

order cheap prozac Grovertown

dosage for prozac Mississippi and prozac drug buying prozac Golconda Knireelve: Anyone considering the use of Prozac or any other antidepressant in a child or adolescent must balance this risk with the clinical need. Look at: prozac reviews Missouri and withdrawal of prozac Gold Bar And nutritionists tell us that there's room for more of these in our everyday diets.
P.S. Sorry for selection forum to leave a report for you about prozac medication

psych

Yes, some.
Gives me something to do between tasks... I've felt less by myself since I've joined. However, that feeling is apt to come and go.
Reading other posts, especially from those younger than myself helps because it reminds me how far I've come since then. How much effort it took to get to this place in life, & that things will continue to progress, even if slowly.