hard to talk to attractive women

TAMPA-BAY

I can difinately relate to this tread. There are so many times when I am chatting online with my display pic on then the the female member Ive been chatting with for months dicided to turn on their display picture and then I feel my self going into a full blown panic attack even tho I ve been talking with this atractive person for months. Its so fustrating.

This also happens all the time at my place of work when ever a co-worker I have been talking to all the time comes in out of uniform to get her pay check. I strugle to just do a greeting much less approach that co-worker even tho I can talk to them when they are in work uniform clothes.

I also have been noticeing this with peoples daugters who I use to see and say hi to when they were younger ulgly ducklyn and has now become a swan.

It eats me up that I havent been able to figure out why there is a difference in the way my mind treats the same person who has simply change their apearance but is the exact same person.

rado31

TAMPA-BAY said:
I can difinately relate to this tread. There are so many times when I am chatting online with my display pic on then the the female member Ive been chatting with for months dicided to turn on their display picture and then I feel my self going into a full blown panic attack even tho I ve been talking with this atractive person for months. Its so fustrating.

This also happens all the time at my place of work when ever a co-worker I have been talking to all the time comes in out of uniform to get her pay check. I strugle to just do a greeting much less approach that co-worker even tho I can talk to them when they are in work uniform clothes.

I also have been noticeing this with peoples daugters who I use to see and say hi to when they were younger ulgly ducklyn and has now become a swan.

It eats me up that I havent been able to figure out why there is a difference in the way my mind treats the same person who has simply change their apearance but is the exact same person.

It is hard to talk to a swan.

rado31

Thelema said:
So do 95% of guys

But a) they dont have debilitating symptoms
b) they know how to hide emotions.

How can u hide your over-stimulated being, what can one do about it?

Silvio

Do what i do, sit back & let the Bitches come to you.. That way the onus is on them to make polite conversation.. Works for me..

recluse

SocialRetahd said:
Too me, it's not looks, it's age.

Anyone under 25 scares me.

That's true! it's easier to talk to older women and women who are married o'r in rleationships.

What sucks is when I notice a girl looking at me and I try to look back and appear interested, but I end up sort of looking all serious because I'm nervous and it probably appears like I'm giving them dirty looks.

jamez

Relax, and stop over-analysing. yea thats right :? One thing I've realised with women/girls is they don't know what the hell they want anyway, so I wouldn't take it personal if they give out mixed/weird signals. Who cares.

recluse said:
SocialRetahd said:

That's true! it's easier to talk to older women and women who are married o'r in rleationships.

What sucks is when I notice a girl looking at me and I try to look back and appear interested, but I end up sort of looking all serious because I'm nervous and it probably appears like I'm giving them dirty looks.

I totally relate. I always worry about my shyness coming across as coldness; that's the last thing I want.

recluse

the_green_bastard said:
recluse said:
SocialRetahd said:

I totally relate. I always worry about my shyness coming across as coldness; that's the last thing I want.

I was actually told by a girl i was chatting to on msn that i was cold at times! This is from a girl i have never met in real life!

Infected_Malignity

Of course you're going to care a little, but learn to care less and less abotu what others perceive you as. If they don't like you, don't waste your time trying to change their mind. Fuck 'em - find better friends/acquaintances.

SocialRetahd

recluse said:
the_green_bastard said:
recluse said:
SocialRetahd said:

I was actually told by a girl i was chatting to on msn that i was cold at times! This is from a girl i have never met in real life!

If you are good looking, than what a waste.

gals

I'm so pissed off because I find it so hard to talk to women I find attractive.

Well don't be. Just imagine that you're talking to some of your average looking gal pals. I mean, what's the difference? their looks? Sometimes, beauty can be a curse and these attractive women even complain of not being asked out (or even talked to!) just because some men find them intimidating.

So, for the shy men out there, come out and talk to women, who knows? they're also shy like you, just waiting for your move and being asked out. We females are sometimes even apprehensive of doing the asking out, so as to avoid looking desperate or easy.

So, all we Juliets do is wait and wait for Romeo...

dutchguy

Well don't be. Just imagine that you're talking to some of your average looking gal pals. I mean, what's the difference? their looks? Sometimes, beauty can be a curse and these attractive women even complain of not being asked out (or even talked to!) just because some men find them intimidating.

What if you don't have any 'gal pals'? I feel stupid saying it but I find most almost all women equally intimidating to talk to.

You do mention something interesting though - the fact that women are usually not the ones to 'make the first move' - this is exactly what intimidates me; if I don't know for sure that a girl likes me back, I'm just too scared to talk to her - because otherwise I'll always feel as if she's thinking 'why does this socially inept loser think he has a chance with me?'

Aussie_Lad

What if you don't have any 'gal pals'? I feel stupid saying it but I find most almost all women equally intimidating to talk to.

You do mention something interesting though - the fact that women are usually not the ones to 'make the first move' - this is exactly what intimidates me; if I don't know for sure that a girl likes me back, I'm just too scared to talk to her - because otherwise I'll always feel as if she's thinking 'why does this socially inept loser think he has a chance with me?'

There are heaps of ways to gain your confidence around woman. Start talking to those that you know are taken, or woman that are a lot older than yourself. When you do this, you can rest assured that they are not thinking that you are trying to hit on them. Once you have done this a few times, then start chatting to a few single woman, but ones that you aren't really that interested in, then it won't matter what they think about you. Eventually you will find you can quite easily talk to just about any woman without fear of rejection. Talking is easy, what comes next is the more complicated part, for when you want to ask them out you kinda need to sell yourself.

gals

There are heaps of ways to gain your confidence around woman. Start talking to those that you know are taken, or woman that are a lot older than yourself. When you do this, you can rest assured that they are not thinking that you are trying to hit on them. Once you have done this a few times, then start chatting to a few single woman, but ones that you aren't really that interested in, then it won't matter what they think about you. Eventually you will find you can quite easily talk to just about any woman without fear of rejection. Talking is easy, what comes next is the more complicated part, for when you want to ask them out you kinda need to sell yourself.

Exactly.

And you can start by being innocently friendly, so that the woman won't assume you're hitting on her. You can smile often, be more approachable and accessible.

Sometimes, you mustn't think about being rejected in the first place!

If it helps, ask a mutual friend to set you up, or drop hints on her and the rest will be up to you.

Think about the Law of Attraction. Your thoughts (consistent thoughts) become things. So you must envision that you're succeeding with your pursuit and not being rejected. Try to be more confident, don't look down or slouch. Try to rehearse what you're going to say and be more relaxed. Ladies don't bite you know. ;)

Good luck!

Kiwong

I can barely talk to people period. I can't be innocently friendly with ANYONE. I piss everyone off, everyone thinks I am hitting on them. That is the core of my mental illness. Being rejected or being called names when you aren't even interested in the first place is embarrassing at first then it becomes soul destroying.

I'm better off talking to people who aren't taken. I get into more trouble with talking to those who are taken. I have a thing with rings you see. I get called names because of it.

I freak people out, people laugh at me. If it was only that simple.

If I start talking to an attractive woman they'll either call me weird or a sleazebag.

gals

Well of course you can always try. If they reject you, then you can move on to others.

Just because you had negative experiences with women before doesn't mean all women are like that.

Good luck