hard to focus

durda_dan

intrusive thoughts are back, it' hard to concentrate. For example i wa reading a book just now. and my head keeps going back to violent thoughts.
I read, it goes back, i read it goes back, it's a vicious cycle, Last time this happened i couldn't finish my book because i can't get past a few pages I keep forgetting what i read because my head.

Is there anything you can recomend to help me concentrate again, So i don't focus on the thoughts as much?

madmike

Hey

I went through a really long phase where i had absolutely no focus either, i couldn't do anything simply because i'd be so absorbed with my own thoughts/worries/anxieties. I was also very pessimistic and the negative thoughts just lead to further negative thoughts and i continued to live in my head with no hope of ever recovering.

It took me a long time, but i overcame this by telling myself costantly not to worry and not to be scared, every morning, every night and every time i felt the negative and harmful thoughts invading. Now i barely have to tell myself, it just become a natural part of me. I also started reading the bible, and although i don't consider myself a Christian, i think that's was the main turning point in my life, and after that i gradually improved. But you don't need to do this if you don't believe in religion, just do something else that gives you hope, you need hope that things will get better to overcome this!

Hope this information is useful to you

Peace

Morgan01

I feel this way a lot I have a really hard time studying. and getting to sleep is really hard but recently I tell myself constantly that it is ok I will get though just like every other day.. I'm not sure that will help but maybe

gsmax5

intrusive thoughts are back, it' hard to concentrate. For example i wa reading a book just now. and my head keeps going back to violent thoughts.
I read, it goes back, i read it goes back, it's a vicious cycle, Last time this happened i couldn't finish my book because i can't get past a few pages I keep forgetting what i read because my head.

Is there anything you can recomend to help me concentrate again, So i don't focus on the thoughts as much?

I find it ridiculously hard to read books. You have no idea how many book reports I have faked!

My own thoughts (to me) are way more interesting than most books, and anything not related to sex or drugs is usually left unread by me. Non-fiction is another story; I am fascinated about the history of pre-Islamic Iran.

The only fiction book I have read (well, I am not done with it yet) in a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really long time is "The Game"; and that is about sexual seduction.

antipop621

@durda_dan: hey, I see you're into Ai Otsuka...That's really cool, I'm a huge j-pop/j-rock fan,

And yes, I haven't been able to focus well for the past 5 years. My grades really suffered because of it.

If I don't get enough aerobic exercise for a few days my mind starts to get all unfocused and scattered, so exercise does help with that a bit.

princess_haru

I've gotta agree with Meatcake, exercise really helps. Try going for a run or if you don't fancy going outside to exercise (I don't like to as I feel like people are watching me, lol) try doing some aerobics in your room. Swimming's really good too if you don't mind public pools (that's another thing I hate haha, but you might not!) Exercising releases chemicals in the brain which relax you and make you feel happier, and if you tire yourself out a bit then you'll sleep better which makes you feel better the next day and so on. Hope this helps a bit :)