Haircuts...

Kathryn.fr

I need one terribly bad. None of my friends will deal with my hair because, it's really thick, and all I want is frikin layers done. This mullet thing I got going n is no good. My problem is I haven't been in a hair salon sense I was like 10 or 12. I'm afraid the hairstylist will find something hideious in my hair or start making fun of me quietly to her co-workers. Or just **** it up completely wich would not be any better for my SA and being trans. Give people more of a reason to star at me? Ya right.... lol. I keep calling places, I found ne place in PDX that seems to be pretty LGBT friendly, but the reviews are so mixed, like... some people say they're veryyy judgemental, and if you ask for something and that particular person doesn't like it. They'll change it. Or, they're rude and snobby. It's a hair school, and my friends go there... I'm jsut scared :( idk what to say/ask/do blah.

MaliceInWickedland

^ Exactly.

If they laugh at you then they're really laughing at themselves because they're the ones that are working on your hair and the way it turns out represents their quality of work and expertise. I know it's really intimidating to do a simple thing like getting your hair cut when you have SA but trust me, it will be worth it. Just take the time to research different salons in your area, see which ones people say are the most friendly and have the best results, and you should be good to go. It might also help get better results if you take a picture of your desired hair style with you to show the stylist so they have a better sense of what to do to your hair and lessen the chances of them screwing up.

WeirdyMcGee

Aw.. I'd cut your hair for you if you weren't so far away. Mine is super thick too, and I just cut it myself.

I guess all you can do is hold your head high - tell them exactly what you want and if they're doing something you don't like, tell them to stop.
You can always fix a half messed up haircut (but if you let them finish it - not the way you want; all you can do is wait until it grows out)

Bring a photo of the hair you'd like and don't let anyone talk down to you.
If they have a problem with you, you can take your business elsewhere - and all they're doing is earning another negative review.
Stick to your guns!
You can do it!

Dark_Angel

Sometimes when i go to the saloon for get my hairs cutted i maybe wish to try different haircuts but my shyness and a bit my SA just let me say "the same..." btw my hairs use to grow a lot fast and one day i went there with my hairs sooo long and was quite embarassed but they were nice luckly. anyways we dont have to let others treat us bad or unrespectly and plus u will be paying for a service its not a favour they are doing to u , its u that is giving work to them, i know its not easy but if a haircut is what u want then u should do it , try to have a fixed idea in how u wish ur haircuts with a image so they can do their best and also even if this is also hard while they are cutting ur hairs give some directives if they are going a bit bad or not as u want exactly

Aw.. I'd cut your hair for you if you weren't so far away. Mine is super thick too, and I just cut it myself.

if i would try to do that on my hairs i mean to cut my hairs in the mirror i think i would cut everything but my hairs xD idk how u do it but if u can u rox ^^ =) u must teach me =P

Anyways we are with u , u can do it Kathryn

Blabla..

I learned how to cut my own hairs with 2 mirrors , it's not that hard , people have asked me where i get my hairs done.

meco1999

I've been cutting my own hair for the past 6 years because I don't want to deal with the social interaction with barbers. They always want to talk. And I've saved hundreds of dollars cutting it myself.

yeahyeahyeah

haircuts became to much of a dread for me , picked up a hair trimmer for 15$ about 6 years ago and now avoid all the horror of sitting still and trying to sound normal . Oh ya become friends with a hair stylist ,, so they can cut your hair at home .

I'd shave my own head rather then sit in a barber chair for 15 min..........

LifeInternal88

The lady who does my hair is VERY friendly and talkative lol she's a nice person. Asks too many questions though; (how's your mom, how's your brother, are you still in uni?)...but I understand - people like her want people to be comfortable.

I once went to this stylist. A man in his forties or so. He did not talk at all (which was a first). Only spoke to ask necessary questions, and even then spoke so softly I could barely hear him. He just got to work, working slowly and carefully. Perfect!