Graeme's Wee Mad Mental Music Thread

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Eh... Cannae quite believe am daein this!:eek::eek:mg:

Awrite! Let's gie it laldy! :D

Oh man I LOVE the piano.. could you please record it so I can listen to it?

Don't stress about whether you think it's good or bad etc, I'd just appreciate listening to it :praying:

Here ye go... enjoy or dislike as ye please. It’s the first thing I came up with without using any samples.
https://soundcloud.com/song-connery%2Fimprobability

Last edited:
Re: Graene's Wee Mad Mental Music Thread

Whoa Graeme, that is brilliant!! :applause:

It has got a kind of spooky, atmospheric feel to it. Like it would be great music to accompany a movie like "Event Horizon".

So glad I was here to hear it as soon as you posted it!

I love the title "Wee Mad Mental Music Thread" :applause:

I'm looking forward to hearing more, well done Graeme! :thumbup:

LoyalXenite

Way to go Graeme! Thats some great skills you've got there!

I agree with Blue, I can totally picture this being in a movie's soundtrack

The piano clip was lovely! (Love the name Song Connery :giggle: )

And way to go on putting your music out there, Im sure I can speak for all of us with how impressed and proud we are of you :thumbup:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
"The Grammy goes to Graeme."

200.gif

I like the slick, atmospheric sound.

Don't forget the guy who helped you come up with that moniker when you accept your first award. :D

Graeme1988

Whoa Graeme, that is brilliant!! :applause:

It has got a kind of spooky, atmospheric feel to it. Like it would be great music to accompany a movie like "Event Horizon".

So glad I was here to hear it as soon as you posted it!

Whoa !! F*ckin’ hell... that’s a helluva compliment there, Blue! Steady on, by Christ! Not that ah disagree... ah copped the atmospheric tone as I was writing that initial tune. Well, ah say write, ah barely know how to play the piano, so I’m just winging it half the time.

Figuring out how to play the. chords and melody as I go...

Mind you, it’s no bad... considering ah failed music class during secondary school and know only a wee bit of music theory.

I love the title "Wee Mad Mental Music Thread" :applause:

I'm looking forward to hearing more, well done Graeme! :thumbup:

The thread title, ah thought it would be appropriate given that most of what I wrote within the last year didn’t necessarily fit within a single style or genre of music

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Way to go Graeme! Thats some great skills you've got there!

I agree with Blue, I can totally picture this being in a movie's soundtrack

And way to go on putting your music out there, Im sure I can speak for all of us with how impressed and proud we are of you :thumbup:

Thanks. Sorry, I’m just a bit taken aback by the reaction. Mainly cuz ah thought that tune wus $h!%* afore ah started mixing it. Wrote in 3 days, back in April last year. Got into an argument with my oldest sister about it as well.

The abridged version went something like this:

”Don’t know how tha f*ck you’d hear the piano if ah go wae your suggestion n’ add a full drum track. How would that even work anyway? Also, there’s already glitched drums playing in that preset wae the piano”

Or word tae that effect... :giggle:

(Love the name Song Connery )

FountainandFairfax deserves all the credit for coming up with that name

"The Grammy goes to Graeme."

200.gif

I like the slick, atmospheric sound.

Don't forget the guy who helped you come up with that moniker when you accept your first award. :D

Awrite... ah’ll keep that in mind. Might need to settle for a Brit Award for Best New Act though. Don’t want risk getting a Grammy nomination n’ end up losing tae Jethro Tull.

Graeme1988

No entirely sure what to write... well, ah’ve got a few ideas. Ah just don’t know how to apply them, if that makes sense? Found a few ideas that I made at the start o’ the year n’ forgot about. Might work on them and see if anythin’ comes o’ them. But am kinda stuck... :idontknow:

Though, ah don’t know whether to just noodling about at my piano keyboard and see if anything comes to me? Since, if the first track ah upload to ma SoundCloud account would’nae seem outta place in a movie, am obviously better than ah think I am at arranging and coming up with melodies?

Graeme1988

Wish it was easier to find inspiration... :(

Lately I seem to having these moments where I’ll come up with a melody but huv nay way o’ turning into a full song. :unsure:
Or no idea, more to the point...

Graeme1988

I really liked these, again that first one could totally be in a movie. I could see it playing near the end or in some climatic driving to the endgame type of scene

Whoa ! Ah did’nae even consider that while mixing the first track. But, I can totally see it playing in that sorta movie scene. (y)
All this talk off my songs being movie soundtrack worthy has really got me thinking that ah should start writing to a theme or visual image that reflects the mood of the instrumental? And just, generally, writing longer instrumentals.

Graeme1988

Ah wish song titles were easier to think up... :unsure:

Also, getting a fair bit of interest on SoundCloud. Like reposting ma music so actual music industry types can give me feedback on it. :eek:o_O

Graeme1988

So, without sounding too arrogant, it’s awrite that ah think of myself as a better musician than YouTuber, Monica Punk?

And, probably a better guitarist as well; having been playing with myself for 14 years. :LOL:

Which is worse: the fact she’s pish at the guitar? Or the fact she turning to play drop tuned riffs in E standard tuning ? :unsure::mad:

That said, these sorta videos inspire me to be a better musician than I already am... Probably should rephrase that, but it’s kinda true. So... :sneaky:

LoyalXenite

So, without sounding too arrogant, it’s awrite that ah think of myself as a better musician than YouTuber, Monica Punk?

And, probably a better guitarist as well; having been playing with myself for 14 years. :LOL:

Which is worse: the fact she’s pish at the guitar? Or the fact she turning to play drop tuned riffs in E standard tuning ? :unsure::mad:

That said, these sorta videos inspire me to be a better musician than I already am... Probably should rephrase that, but it’s kinda true. So... :sneaky:

Uhhh.. wow.. At the first vid I thought she was just trolling.. but she seems to take it rather seriously.. :oops::censored:

lily

I'm glad you're inspired!