Going to the hair dressers

rawrt

Hi
Anyone else hate getting their hair cut? Not just cause its boring as hell, its just the small talk the hair dresser trys to make. Its probably pretty boring of me, but I'd prefer it so much she diddn't speak to me.. :D

I can tell she knows im hard to talk to, this then gets me anxious and I start blushing - even my forehead was sweating slightly. Just a horrible situation - normally one I would avoid but not easily done sat in a hairdressers chair.. :p

simpsons2007

Yes I hate going to the hair dressers as well. I don't mind having my hair cut it's the social interation that I can't handle. Because of this I haven't been to a hair dressers for 20yrs. I cut my own hair I shave it all off so I don't have to do it very often.

Quelqu'un

I hate it too. And I'm a girl, and have long hair, so going to the hairdresser to get your hair straightened or colored takes quite a while. But I no longer color my hair, and usually my mom trims it. I also hate having to stare at myself in the mirror. I usually try not to look at my face. And I hate when there are tons of people at the salon. The only part I like is getting my hair washed b/c it's relaxing and having my hair look nice at the end.

Moon4

I go to the hairdressers early! So early in the morning.. When every social people are sleeping in their beds! :D

mozart87

:))))) this is so hot...I was feeling the same until going to this lady I am going now...with her everything is fine...it fits a theory of mine: I am ok with some kind of people in some circumstances...but with most of the people I don't have this "relation"

starshaped

Yes.. I hate that place. No matter what hairstyle I ask for, they never truly give me what I want. I only ever left that place satisfied maybe once or twice in my lifetime. And when you are done, it feels like EVERYONE is looking at you and judging you based on your choice of style. Makes me wanna put a bag over my head and run -.-

thegunners21

I just give short one word answers and then the hairdresser eventually backs off and doesn't make any awkward small talk.

AsTimeBurns

Can't stand it, they never shut up. I rarely go to be honest, as my cousin usually cuts my hair, but the last time I did go to one it was just the expected boring small talk followed by the:
"you're very quiet aren't you?"
"yes"
"...."

Clown

The small talk is difficult , but more difficult is to watch your self in the mirror.. cant stand it I get all dizy and my logic thinking is away its just waiting till the hell is over

Azael

Thanks to my BDD I have not gone to the hairdressers since 2004. Thankfully my mother is able to do quite a satisfactory job of filling that void. I haven't looked in a mirror since 2005, so the thought of having to do so at a hairdresser kills me. I would rather have my hair down to my ankles than face that.

Moa

Last time I was in the hairdressers, she snipped off around 9 inches of hair when I specifically asked for a 1 inch trim. Never again. I'm now a self trimmer and happy, without modern hair styling, forced conversation, and paying money. I like having hair that looks like the women's hair from pre Raphaelite paintings anyways. :p

I've had that happen too, it was a nightmare! I trim my own hair most of the time, but every once in a while I mess it up and have to go get it fixed.

After I tell a hairdresser what I want them to do, I just close my eyes and pretend I'm drifting off to sleep. That way I don't have to watch in the mirror or listen to their crappy small talk.

I'm glad my mom is a hairdresser and from her I know how to give myself a haircut. It's not that difficult. But if I live by myself, I would have to visit often, I know that it will be always a little more professional than my own work. ::p:

Richey

some hairdresses don't talk to you much and just like to get the cut done and are off in their world as they cut your hair, some like to talk alot and are generally nice. for me i find it hard when you are there with 4-8 other customers sitting next to you and the hairdresser doing my hair keeps asking questions for the entire time. I don't mind that but i find it uncomfortable when everyone else is just listening to our banter, for some reason. So it depends on how lucky you ar eon the day, i think.

Etbow23

Yes I try to put it off as long as possible. In my area, usually the hairdressers are foreign and don't speak much, but it's still awkward. Whenever I get an American it's double awkward. Usually if I go to more white areas and have my hair cut it's super awkward and I feel like the hairdresser thinks I'm an awkward person. Even if they don't try and talk to me it's still awkward.

Moo

I hate going too. I haven't been in 3 years and I trim my hair myself. I think I'm a bit scared to go because the last time I went I almost fainted after having my head tilted back for too long then suddenly having to sit up (and of course being too afraid to bring how I was feeling to anyone's attention). Anyway my hair is ok.. it's just long and I can kind of get away with it. Getting my hair cut professionally is one of my goals for 2012. It seems so simple but to me it's so... scary. The small talk as well, what a nightmare!!

After I tell a hairdresser what I want them to do, I just close my eyes and pretend I'm drifting off to sleep. That way I don't have to watch in the mirror or listen to their crappy small talk.

I do this too!:) It has always worked.
If I have got one of the talkative hairdressers, they just start talking to the other hairdressers instead of me.

1BlackSheep

I go to a guy who owns his own salon and only has one chair! He's kind of quiet himself, so I end up doing most of the talking which is the hard part for me because my life is just not that exciting!

I go to a guy who owns his own salon and only has one chair! He's kind of quiet himself, so I end up doing most of the talking which is the hard part for me because my life is just not that exciting!

can't u get me is contact? Seem the perfect hairdresser!

hope he makes a discount for all the excitment :D