Going to hell

Helmaninquiel

I know this question might seem a little out
There but I'm just curious about having problems such as social
Phobia, depression, anxiety will send you to hell. In my head god wants you to get over those nagitivite emotions and make it to a better place. I just keep freaking out cause i seem not to be getting better and I'm a very spiritual person but also believe in demons and bad spirts. What if you we're sent on this earth to do something good or different and because of your fears and anxieties your termantimg some contract and deceiving our father and cause of that you don't go to such a good place. Idk I've just always had stuff like this in my head and it scares me not to know what to do and what might await me. What do you think?

xDreamseller

Don't wanna start flaming religion or anything, but from my agnostic standpoint, as long as you're not hurting someone else, you're not doing anything wrong.

coyote

What do you think?

i believe that the "heaven" and "hell" referred to in the bible are merely allegorical representations of the rewards or suffering we experience in our lives as a result of our own thoughts and actions

so many of us could claim to have already been there

Roman Legion

I'm an atheist, if there were a god and he/she sent you to suffer for all eternity for issues he/she knowingly created you with—Then in my opinion, either time to question god or find a new one (or none!).

—————————

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

Hendrix

It's an illness that you're dealing with, if you're good in your heart then that's all that really matters. God in whatever form / religion is compassionate and would not persecute you for your suffering, only wishing to help you get back on the path to happiness, which is your true potential.
Let go of the guilt and realize you're entitled to be happy, the same as everyone else.
:)

THeCARS1979

I know this question might seem a little out
There but I'm just curious about having problems such as social
Phobia, depression, anxiety will send you to hell. In my head god wants you to get over those nagitivite emotions and make it to a better place. I just keep freaking out cause i seem not to be getting better and I'm a very spiritual person but also believe in demons and bad spirts. What if you we're sent on this earth to do something good or different and because of your fears and anxieties your termantimg some contract and deceiving our father and cause of that you don't go to such a good place. Idk I've just always had stuff like this in my head and it scares me not to know what to do and what might await me. What do you think?

its bull sh*t , thats what I think, there is no such thing as hell , its made up

mikebird

Banned
I lived in pure hell for years from early school to last year, being tortured by migraine. Now I'm redeemed and lucky, and able to put up with social disadvantage

Starry

You're not going to "Hell" because of a mental illness!

Any "god" who sees fit to punish people in such a way for such a thing is evil or insane! Do you believe your god is either of those things? I presume not, in which case, there is no need to worry.

Personally, I disbelieve in the Christian God and the whole Heaven and Hell idea... Though I do believe in a Deistic God and am quite spiritual.

I'm the daughter of an atheist theologian ex monk and extreme born again christian

I would say that most of my anxiety stems from the concept of religion.

I was under pressure to choose between eternal life and eternal damnation before I was even old enough to know what play-doh was. I remember having night terrors aged 4 that Satan was coming to get me and I remember waking up being too frightened to scream so I just lay there awake all night until morning. That's so ****ed up. I think if I have kids I will raise them in complete ignorance of religion. It really messes with peoples heads. It's like an acceptable form of torture.

To the op *hugs* Don't worry about that which you can't control and this is definitely not something you can control.

Nathália

I'm the daughter of an atheist theologian ex monk and extreme born again christian

I would say that most of my anxiety stems from the concept of religion.

I was under pressure to choose between eternal life and eternal damnation before I was even old enough to know what play-doh was. I remember having night terrors aged 4 that Satan was coming to get me and I remember waking up being too frightened to scream so I just lay there awake all night until morning. That's so ****ed up. I think if I have kids I will raise them in complete ignorance of religion. It really messes with peoples heads. It's like an acceptable form of torture.

To the op *hugs* Don't worry about that which you can't control and this is definitely not something you can control.

Oh Jewel me too. I had nightmares like that and would go into trauma to where I saw things that looked real. I haven't seen anything like that in years. I agree with you.

Helmaninquiel you can't control what genetics you have that makes you who you are as a person, of course no one one here are saying that it can't get better.

I used to believe in a god, If I think the same way as I used to before I would say your god should not punish you for such problems you have.

There is a god in each society, where right is wrong and wrong is right.

TheTemp

You don't go to hell for what you could've done, you go to hell for what you do. You could've done amazing things but you also could've ****ed **** up big time. The important thing is that you didn't do it.

xDreamseller

i believe that the "heaven" and "hell" referred to in the bible are merely allegorical representations of the rewards or suffering we experience in our lives as a result of our own thoughts and actions

so many of us could claim to have already been there

Never thought of it like that. Kinda cool interpretation though! The only trouble with that is that a lot of people do some pretty terrible things and don't see any consequences. A lot of good people also have a lot of bad things happen to them as well at times.

See the thing is, the argument that it's all a load of nonsense isn't going to work. A belief is a belief and you can't tell someone that their belief is wrong. You can always debate a fact but you can't debate a belief, a belief is not based on facts, it's based on faith. And faith is an entity all of it's own without/beyond reason. So telling op not to worry because it's all higgilty piggilty fairy magic isn't going to be much consolation. If you don't believe in it, it won't scare you, but if you do, it is very frightening.

Op if you find that this really is distressing you, is there someone of some sort of reasonable sensible nature within your faith/church type that you can speak with? They can probably reassure you on the matter. A lot of these places have counsellors attached to them now...Maybe it would be helpful to seek counsel from some sensible person within the faith aswell as a counsellor outside the faith ? Little bit of balance to help you work things out for you.