Going to a party?

mindflux

So yeah, I got invited to a party by a friend. I got invited on other ocassions but this time I am actually considering it. It`s a high school party.

I don`t like parties because;
-there`s a lot of people I don`t know
-loud music
-dark at night
-the prospect of dancing
-there`s a bunch of people yet they do nothing constructive
-alcohol (the chance of geting to where I can`t control myself leading to bad stuff)
-people may start a fight
-blackout
-people talk about what happened that day for the next days (which is extremely lame)

Good parts:
-If I`m drunk I don`t care anyway
-socializing (I don`t really like it but it`s beneficial in some ways)
-I would learn a bit more about nowadays youth and what they do

Should I go or should I not? :eek:

Gaucho

hey

you should go, worst scenario of the party is still better than being bitter for not going. there is a big chance that you'll have a really good time, know other people better...

muxmux

You should go, better to have had a bad experience and learn from it, than not doing it and have ''what if?'' in your head.

Srijita52

It depends on you, if you think you want to then maybe you should go. If you don't enjoy it, you can always leave. I don't think there's anything wrong with giving it a try but that's just my opinion.

ShelbyModerateSP

I would go.
I like parties because of the drinking, alcohol just makes me forget all of my social anxiety and that always feels nice, I feel almost invincible. (im not a drunk, or alcoholic) though i believe SP people who drink make up a chunk of the alcoholic community.

So just be careful, take it slow bc you did mention blacking out. You can always take more but you can never take less.

And a positive to it is that if you do go and you dont feel comfortable you can always take a cab home or walk home or have someone pick you up.
Just don't drink and drive.

Boby

I have good and bad experiences with parties,but I prefer to go rather than feel bad because I didn't go.
So maybe you should go,drink a bit(don't over do it) and have fun ,that's the point of a party after all :).Don't worry to much about dancing I saw a lot of guys/gals who are extroverts and don't dance and will rather prefer to chat with people.

Gaucho

yeah alcohol is one thing, i have a love-hate relationship. the ambulance hat to pick me up from the street one night like a homeless beggar. ended in the hospital because of intoxication.
when i was in high school i loved partys, but now i realized i used to drink so much because it let me free, it did let me escape of my reality and SA. I was famous for drinking always too much, but i didn't care if I'm honest,its somehow sad, but at least i had a better time than now.

Hoppy

I don`t like parties because;
-there`s a lot of people I don`t know So what, you're living on a planet with 8 billion people, you can't be expected to to know everybody
-loud music It is a party, there is supposed to be loud music
-dark at night Are you afraid of the dark?
-the prospect of dancing Do you really have to dance? And most people dance badly anyway
-there`s a bunch of people yet they do nothing constructive It is a party, you're not supposed to be constructive
-alcohol (the chance of geting to where I can`t control myself leading to bad stuff) If you control yourself in the beginning it wouldn't lead to bad stuff
-people may start a fight May? They may also not. And may even take of all their clothes, please take pictures and post.
-blackout See control above
-people talk about what happened that day for the next days (which is extremely lame) It is called planning, not lame

Good parts:
-If I`m drunk I don`t care anyway If you're drunk nobody cares about you anyway, see control above
-socializing (I don`t really like it but it`s beneficial in some ways) It's a party for God's sake, you're supposed to socialize
-I would learn a bit more about nowadays youth and what they do Unless you think yourself above them, which is lame, or beneath them, which is pathetic, it is a good thing to spend time with your peers.

You've got a chance to spend time with people. Don't overanalyze it. Go there, enjoy what you can, if you start to feel uncomfortable leave early, make up an excuse if you need too, but since everybody would seem to be drunk they won't notice.

I seem to be in a foul mood, but I've had the same attitude as you did and I regret it today.

mikebird

Banned
Best parts of my life was getting to random places with exactly the same people.. ~1,000 packs in city warehouses, countryside, fields, forest, hills, beach, quarries, internationally €uropean, Czech, French, Spain, etc

Now, in town, there's nobody I know, and gave up on this social situation since I was a student

ShelbyModerateSP

but now i realized i used to drink so much because it let me free, it did let me escape of my reality and SA

That's exactly how I used to be. I was famous for over drinking and blacking out. I did it to run from my fears of SA.
You mentioned at the end over your comment though that "but at least i had a better time than now." But atleast you're probably healthier now :)

Gaucho

That's exactly how I used to be. I was famous for over drinking and blacking out. I did it to run from my fears of SA.
You mentioned at the end over your comment though that "but at least i had a better time than now." But atleast you're probably healthier now :)

hey

believe me, I'm living more than a miserable life. healthy?yeahh maybe... but i prefer to pay the price of not being so healthy(relative) than having a crap life.

WeirdyMcGee

Go if you wanna go and leave if you wanna leave.
haha

I wasn't invited to any parties until college and in college, I only went to 3.
I didn't enjoy myself at all because I don't drink or do drugs, so I was the odd one out who would end up cleaning up after people and breaking up fights.
At 2 of the 3 parties, I was pretty much molested by groups of people who'd taken E.
My hair feels like the colour BLUE and my skin smells like sunshine, apparently.
Funny... I figured it would be the opposite since I'm allergic to the sun, but whatever.

Being the only one with common sense isn't fun-- it's annoying.
I don't like loud noises, I don't like being around crowds.
So I don't bother to think twice about it. I'd rather be at home.

Boby

Reading this a thought came to my mind:
I was wondering how will it be a party only with members from SPW??I laughed at the idea :D

Gaucho

hehe. u never in the world would think i have SA, nobody does, but its there and its killing me. like i said many times, sometimes its even complete gone, like when i meet a person i like, or i do something comfortable or enjoying. The problem is i never do these things in the past because of my Avoidance disorder and depression, I'm pretty sure I'm bipolar.

I don't know, I'm not really going out at all, but hey if you like this opportunity then I think you should go for it, now you got the chance right:)

ShelbyModerateSP

believe me, I'm living more than a miserable life. healthy?yeahh maybe... but i prefer to pay the price of not being so healthy(relative) than having a crap life.

I didn't mean to put you off if I did.
Obviously it's preference, I was just trying to look at the glass half full side of it, I don't normally do that and my family has been edging me to.

Gaucho

I didn't mean to put you off if I did.
Obviously it's preference, I was just trying to look at the glass half full side of it, I don't normally do that and my family has been edging me to.

hey

no problem, i didn't mean it to sound offensive or aggressive my post, just came maybe a bit wrong across.

mindflux

I went to the party, definitely not my cup of tea.
Not to mention the aftermath, a whole day ruined because of intoxication.
I`m trying to stay positive though, it was an interesting life experience.

Go if you wanna go and leave if you wanna leave.
haha

I wasn't invited to any parties until college and in college, I only went to 3.
I didn't enjoy myself at all because I don't drink or do drugs, so I was the odd one out who would end up cleaning up after people and breaking up fights.
At 2 of the 3 parties, I was pretty much molested by groups of people who'd taken E.
My hair feels like the colour BLUE and my skin smells like sunshine, apparently.
Funny... I figured it would be the opposite since I'm allergic to the sun, but whatever.

Being the only one with common sense isn't fun-- it's annoying.
I don't like loud noises, I don't like being around crowds.
So I don't bother to think twice about it. I'd rather be at home.
I totally agree with this.